Please post your donation... HERE!

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Craig Frank wrote:Robby - I couldn't make it out from the video, what was the total amount that was raised for the doggos?
Craig, it was just over 500 Euros - I think, 506.
'Less is often more!'
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Congratulations to all the winners! And to the pups: "Good Dog!" :D
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

I received this whip from Collin today in the mail. Of course, I had to head straight out to the back yard and try it out. It is really a nice handling whip. It cracks very easily, the balance is good, maybe a little bit back towards the heel than I like but that's just personal preference. It really flows nicely and is a fun whip to crack. The plaiting is a little rough in a few places (Collin is a relatively new plaiter and I'm quite sure his looks better than mine did at this stage of my whipmaking career) but doesn't affect the performance of the whip at all. The seams are very straight, there are no kinks in the thong, and the transition from the 4-plait to the twisted-tapered tail is perfect. I'm not a big fan of the Spanish Ring Knots as a technique for dropping strands in the overlay, but it is an effective way of doing it, and the knots are very well made and don't seem to affect the performance of the whip, either. Again, that's more personal preference. The handle is a nice piece of mahogany, 16 inches long, well-turned and comfortable to hold. This is a very nice whip and I shall certainly enjoy using it. Thank you Collin.

https://youtu.be/ZzgwTDhb2R0
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Mark, it sure does seem to flow well in the video.
Thanks for posting it and sharing the experience with us.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Mark, congratulations on winning this fine whip - and to Collin, for making it! :)

I think your coachman's cracks are impressive - especially the first one. This reinforces what Robby has so often said to me: don't think about it so much, just do it! After the first one, you started thinking. Then, on the fourth, you said to yourself, 'Oh, what the heck!' and just did it! A very useful demonstration!
'Less is often more!'
Collin Weaver

Post by Collin Weaver »

Thanks Mark for the feedback and video! Any technical advise for the plaiting, or is it just a matter of practice at this point?
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Thanks, Robert. I still suffer from extreme self-consciousness when videoing. I know that videoing myself cracking makes it eaisier to correct problems, but watching me crack is very uncomfortable to me.

Collin, it is something I struggle with still. I try to make sure (and usually fail) that the underlying belly or bolster is very smooth. I try to look closely at every cycle and make sure the strands aren't twisted and that they are laying exactly where I want them to lay, and that there is no gaps and that they aren't getting bunched up. And the hardest but most important thing of all, that the tension is equal, not only from side to side but throughout the length of the whip. Mostly I think that it is a matter of being totally focused on what you are doing as you plait. The more you do it the better you'll get.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Mark gives perfect advice. Practice it right, the way you want it to be, and one day you’ll start plaiting and realize you aren’t even thinking about it, just in the zone. Very nice whip, Collin!
Mark, great cracking!
Inch by inch.
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Well done Collin!

Today i sended the whip to Germany!
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Congratulations to everyone for the donations and the money raised. Well done! Looks like I'll once again be sending a package to Finland! Jyri, I'll sort it out tomorrow and get it on its way next week.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Lonnie told me that a Package arrived from Mystery Man that contains the wonderful beehive whip! I’m so excited to get to crack it, but I’m at work and won’t be home until Monday morning!!!!! Whew, hurry up weekend!
Inch by inch.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

WS I hear it is a beauty!
Inch by inch.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Rachel, from I've seen in the photos, it's beeutiful.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Looking forward for it sir Roger!
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Look at the beautiful GReAT cracking whip by Jessie Edwards, Suis Generis Whips, that arrived in the mail Saturday! I worked a 48 and came home to take a very long nap (24+ hours ;) ), then took this Beauty for a spin.
WS, you should be very proud of your work! You are truly an artist in what you do!

The plaiting is tight, the whip flows well, the knots are super well done! The handle is really beautiful!

Thank you, very much, to both WS and Mystery Man for the opportunity to own this beautiful whip!!!

Inch by inch.
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Rachel, that is a fine looking whip. Congratulations. Jessie, well done, young lady, well done!
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Mark, thank you, it sure is! I’m very pleased and very lucky to have it! Jessie really makes a great cracking whip!
Inch by inch.
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Rachel, if it is anything like the whip I own of Jessie's, then it is a very fine whip indeed.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I'm glad you like it WS. It's great a fellow lady whipper gets to throw the pink
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Rachel, Jessie - wonderful!!! :)
'Less is often more!'

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”