The Whip Basics Dog Shelter Campaign 2019

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Robby Amper

The Whip Basics Dog Shelter Campaign 2019

Post by Robby Amper »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Members, new Members and guests... Here we go again. Our annual dog shelter campaign for 2019. And - yes - the same madness, nonsense, drawing (and a video of all that...) is open, now! The rules are simple. The same as last/every year. Some folks are going to donate a whip for the lottery. Or two ;) And then every member/new member can buy tickets. Oh, guests can buy tickets for the lottery, too! One ticket is 5.00 US Dollar. And you can buy as much tickets as you like - sky is the limit. All the money we will make, will be given to the dog shelter, we supported for the last few years. In the end the official donation receipt will be posted here. In the forum. In this thread.

How to buy the tickets? Our Jessie installed a paypal account especially for the donation.

whipbasicsdogshelter@gmail.com

IMPORTANT! When you buy tickets, click "Friends & Family". If you don't do this, paypal will cut a fee. And that is money, the doggies don't get. So - please - remember: "Friends & Family". Just say "Lottery tickets, your name (!) and how many tickets you like to buy. Okay... If someone sends 50.00 bucks, it should be 10 tickets, I know. Just to keep things simple and as a double check: Send the money and and how many tickets you buy.

You can buy tickets, you can donate a whip - or can buy tickets and donate a whip. You don't have to be a whipmaker, okay? When you have a whip at home you'd like to donate - go for it. Just make sure that it is useable and clean. And again - I mentioned this year for year - the money is for the doggies. The whips are there to make it attractive to buy tickets. We will have folks who get a whip in the end and we will have people, who won't get anything. The true and only winners are the doggies.

The rules of the drawing are the same as every year. If you want to know how all that works, watch the video of the last drawing. We had a lot of fun... :D

The WB Dog Shelter Campaign 2019 is OPEN!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

We did a pretty good job raising money for the puppies in previous years and I hope we can surpass the total this year.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

This is splendid, Robby! :)

I shall certainly donate a whip from my collection - but I'm not yet sure which one....
'Less is often more!'
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Yea!, I've been thinking about what to make ever since last year's drawing.
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Im so pleased to see this up again, I love this so much. Thank you, Robby. For the Pups!!!
Inch by inch.
Andrew Van Werkhoven

Post by Andrew Van Werkhoven »

This place has gone to the dogs! In the best possible way. While my skills are not good enough to have a whip I would be happy donating, I am fairly sure figuring out PayPal is within my reach :lol:
Practice does not actually make perfect; Perfect practice makes perfect.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Andrew, the only qualification for a whip donation, besides no super short ones, is your best effort if you are making one. That's all.

Ron
Collin Weaver

Post by Collin Weaver »

This great!! What would be a deadline if I were to make a whip to donate?
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Collin, the draw will happen at Robby's 'Meet & Greet' in early September, and the prizes are sent off more or less straight away after that - so any time up until then should be okay.
'Less is often more!'
Collin Weaver

Post by Collin Weaver »

Perfect, that gives me plenty of time to plan thanks Robert!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Collin, I'll be very interested to see what you come up with! :)
'Less is often more!'
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Great! I should start my build!
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Please donate friends and family, in Euro, to whipbasicsdogshelter@gmail.com
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Hm. We have 36 members here, who can post in here. And only 8 who actually say something...?
That's not exactly overwhelming, isn't it...?

Robby
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

No it's not Robby.
The same people seem to be the only ones to post every day more or less.

It might be time for some more pruning. :(

Ron
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

...jep.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I mentioned posting information in this thread in a roll call, directing people to it as well as recapping the rules and why we donate in euro, due to losing almost 30$ in dog money due to transfer fees. I think everyone has seen it and understand. :)
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Just cheked the user list and there was many sleepers.. it's weird that people just disappear.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That is true. And sad. What puzzles me all the time, is the fact that there are folks who are members, post, become a real part of the community and - gone. But... A few month later they contact me - for example Ryan Fitts - appologize that they vanished and ask me to reactivate their account. I do it and a few weeks later...gone again.

Is there anyone who can explain this to me? Anyone...

It seems to become more and more difficult to find good people who like to join WB. You have no idea how much funny bunnies tried to become a part of Whip Basics over the last few month. The low member count is not a matter of people not wanting to join; no Sir. It's a matter of that grumpy old gate keeper who expects at least a "Hello" at the beginning of an email.

Believe it or not. 6 oder 7 out of 10 emails look like this:

I want to join WB.
Here is my picture.

No kidding. That is it. No name - I can read the name from the email header - so why should someone write it? A friendly "Dear Mr. Amper", or "Dear Robby". Nothing. Even not a simple "Hello". There was a black guy who did exactly that. Not a "Hi" and no "Bye" or anything else. I answered him very detailled and veeeery polite and told him in the end that I - we - are nit interested in people, who are not able to follow the most simple rules of basic behavior and respect. He answered me and called me a racist. I told him that I don't give a dime if he's black, yellow or green. It's about manners. Not skin color.

Whip Basics is a very, very small place. And I'm afraid, it will become even smaller.

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Robby, it sure is certainly about manners.
Inch by inch.

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”