The Whip Basics Dog Shelter Campaign 2019

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, it is precisely because the WB Forum is so civilised that some of us are glad to be here! Thank you for being the Gatekeeper! :)
'Less is often more!'
Collin Weaver

Post by Collin Weaver »

I just wanted to share my reply I dug up in my email archive that I received from Robby upon asking to join. Please and thank you go a long way and take 3 seconds out of your day. Oct 4, 2018 is the day Robby made me a man :)

"Dear Collin,
I do. Not for everybody, but when somebody asks as politely as you did, it is my pleasure to welcome you to Whip Basics
Flemming Bo Christiansen

Post by Flemming Bo Christiansen »

I am not a whipmaker and I love every whip I have. They are all made by a WB member. Which one to give away ?????
Today is a good day
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Flemming, you don't have to donate a whip you want to keep for yourself. You can just make a financial contribution to the total sent to the Dog Shelter - either as a gift, or (perhaps better) by buying a lot of tickets. :)
'Less is often more!'
Flemming Bo Christiansen

Post by Flemming Bo Christiansen »

Robert - :)
Today is a good day
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Flemming, my motto is, 'Never part with a whip you don't want to part with!' - or at least, 'don't mind parting with'. :)
'Less is often more!'
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

Yes, here we go. Let's get this done for them doggies.
There are a lot of charity's in the world to donate to. But a lot of them are so impersonal. Not this one. I know why we do it, and I like the fact everything is always transparent.
I'm happy to be a part of it.

Sven
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

I'm finishing up my first whip in over a year for a departing colleague. Once I finish that one I'll get to work on one for the drawing. I missed last year due to my own failure to plan.
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Andrew Van Werkhoven

Post by Andrew Van Werkhoven »

I'm considering donating this 10' whip I'm working on. Realistically it is probably too long for me, plus it would be a great opportunity to have someone more experienced then I give feedback on my work. But we shall see if I complete it in time, and whether I can part with it or not once done, haha.

Cash is a little tight right now, but as soon as I am able I shall purchase my tickets, I can always find some money for a worthy charity, especially one run by such caring people.

It is sad that so few have responded Robby, I know I'm not always amazing at posting daily, but it doesn't take much effort to at least check in a few times a week if life is hectic.
Practice does not actually make perfect; Perfect practice makes perfect.
Brandon "Sparky" Lam

Post by Brandon "Sparky" Lam »

Oh! I missed this last year because of university, hopefully I can donate a whip this year (once I'm able to find a job to support myself lol)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I will check my order book and see how the timing looks- I'll be buying tickets for certain, but I won't commit to a whip donation until I'm certain I can fit it in. For the Pups!
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

Robby, Jess, Robert, I have to apologize for my lack of participation lately. I've been getting about 4 hours of sleep a day due to work and school, so I just have very little time. That being said, I am going to be getting better about it.

Also, I am in the midst of trying to figure out what it is that I want to donate for this year, as I was unable to participate last year. I am thinking about putting up a pair of Karnevil Kustom whips (just have to talk to the guy whose signature model they are, and make sure he's okay with it). I may change the colors from the signature black/red/white, and do something different with them.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

If it's okay for everyone, I'd like to donate the black and green snakewhio which didn't get drawn last year. Also Tanja an I are going to buy tickets for sure.

All the best
Ben
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

I can recommend Ben's snake whips most enthusiastically! It's well worth buying tickets in the hope of winning this prize! :)
'Less is often more!'
Nathan Mayer

Post by Nathan Mayer »

Does one have to have a paypal account to buy the tickets? I’ve never used paypal before and am uncertain about how to go about it. Also i’d love to make a whip for the cause! I’ve had it in the back of my mind since this was announced. I’ve only a little more than a handful of them under my belt, but I put my whole heart into each one.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Nathan, there ought to be a way to buy tickets without a PayPal account, but I can't for the moment think what it might be. But joining PayPal is very easy, assuming you've got a bank account....

And I have no doubt that one of your whips would make a very welcome prize. Go for it! :)
'Less is often more!'
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Isn't the paypal adress in Robbys post, the very first one on this thread?
Nathan Mayer

Post by Nathan Mayer »

Thank you Mr. Robert and Jyri. There is an email address in the first post, i’m assuming that’s all that’s needed.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Indeed, Nathan - that's all. :)

Just make sure to mark your PayPal payment as going to 'Family or Friends'; otherwise, PayPal will charge a commission.

And please remember to send it in Euros! Otherwise, conversion charges here can add up to quite a lot - which the dogs don't get!
'Less is often more!'
Wolfgang Timm

Post by Wolfgang Timm »

And why does Payapal take a fee of 2.50 euro even though Family&Friends was the default setting?!? I still sent the amount that I wanted but Paypal put the fee on top of it. Seems to make no difference if I choose the amount in euros because it’s still converted into dollars and for that they charge a fee.

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”