The "official" 2018 Dog Shelter Campaign

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Ron May

The "official" 2018 Dog Shelter Campaign

Post by Ron May »

(I can't see a way to post a new separate topic in the forum for 2018 so I will "hijack" the 2017 thread at least for now.)

The dog shelter campaign is now open for submissions.
The drawing methods will be posted by Robby in another thread.
Donations should be completed by the first of September and results of the drawing will be held on the Day of the Meet and Greet in Germany.

For the donations here's where you can post photos and a description of the item you are donating to the 2018 WB Dog Shelter Campaign.

Good clear photos in natural light with a overall description of the item.

You can then use the link to this page to post with your announcement to what ever social website you want to post it to so those interested can see what the prizes are.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or ideas please PM me so as not to clutter up this thread with anything other than donations, photos and the description.

Do not reply to this thread with anything but donation photos and the description of the item being donated. Anything else will be deleted so that only donations show up here.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Georg Ernst

Post by Georg Ernst »

Good Morning here are my donation Whip for the Dogs.

Its a 6ft Bullwhip with a 10" handle. The Core is made of paracords in different lengths, bound with sinew. the first belly is 8 strands, no belly bound with sinew. Second belly is 12 strand, no bolster, bound with sinew, both bolters with a mix of open and closed loop bindings. Overlay is 16 strands. Handle with short Herringbone, rest of the Whip a Herringbone. The heel and transition knot is Pineapple design, with a floral Concho. The fall hitch is a classic one, like Ron Edwards shows it in his book. Whip is waxed.

Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

I offer 8,4ft bullwhip with three plaited bellyes and english eye. Handle is 10 inches long with brass concho. This whip is waxed.
I will include polishing gloth to help keeping that brass shiny, spare crackers and falls.

Here is video:
https://youtu.be/_-e5KJrrYtk

Here is build thread to see what it has eaten:
viewtopic.php?id=6394
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

The Paypal address from now on and forever is: whipbasicsdogshelter@gmail.com. When you donate money, it will be to this address. Should I die or something sucky like that, Robby and Robert will both have the information to access the account. All donations within the raffle or outside donations will go to this account.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Ethan Mitchell

Post by Ethan Mitchell »

My donation is a 7', two belly, 20 plait bullwhip with a 30" tapered fiberglass handle in neon green with gold accents. It is also plaited from the tip with an english eye. It will come with two black TT falls and a matching green TT fall, as well as, four spare dyneema and artificial sinew crackers. I will take better photos after I have waxed it.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

A big „Thank you!“ to Georg, Jyri and Ethan for their donations for the dog shelter lottery 2018. That makes three whips/donations.
Three is better than two, sure. Or one. Or...

Time to speed up things, folks!

At the WB Meet & Greet 2018 we will have the drawing of the prices. And it would be really cool to have more prices :)

Remember: It is not about perfection. When you are a beginner - donate a beginners whip. When you are a professional - donate a professional whip. And it is not about to expect to win the best, most professional whip. It is about to be a part of the annual dog shelter donation campaign.

What are you waiting for, hm?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Sorry Robby, I guess I posted in the wrong place. I posted in another thread a few days ago.
viewtopic.php?id=6581
Should I repost post here?
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, something's gone wrong. Mark and Tyler have posted their prizes, as have I. There seem to be two threads running here....
'Less is often more!'
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Re-post in this one please.
This one is the official one for this year that Jessie made.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Here is my offering for the 2018 Dog Shelter auction: a bullwhip made by the Scotsman Paul Carpenter (author of The Paracord Bullwhip, 2014). It has a 6ft thong, plus an 11 inch handle made from Burr Elm and 28 inch fall and cracker.

Here is Paul's note on the construction: Twisted leather core with a short length of steel pin bolstered with artificial sinew placed into wooden handle with each inlay being braided on in a step fashion. 1st overlay of 8 strands and bolster 3/4 of length with artificial sinew, 2nd overlay of 12 strands bolstered again with sinew, finished with a final inlay of 16 strands. Transition knot is a 12 bight pineapple. Paracord fall and dacron cracker.

I bought this whip on eBay four or five years ago - just before his book came out, I think. I was attracted by the beautifully turned wooden handle. However, I find the thong disappointingly light-weight. Whoever wins this might want to try waxing the thong to add some weight - or even chop it off, and re-use the handsome handle for a new whip.

Here is the eBay photo - better than any I've taken. This Dog Shelter prize does not include the bag, but will include the belt holder - if I can find it!

'Less is often more!'
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Here is Red Dog, my donation to the pups. It's an 8'8" (264 cm), 20 plait,nylon bullwhip of rust paracord with an 8 inch purpleheart handle, a TT core, 3 bellies, a 30 inch TT fall, and a 12 inch cracker made of Brownell Fast Flight Bow String. The transition knot is a Double Gaucho Knot of Two Passes from Bruce Grant's Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding. The whip weighs 2 lbs (907 g)
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Perfect, thank you! When Tyler posts his donation in here, we are up to date :) And when all the others do the same, we‘ll have a nice pool of prizes for the lottery in September!

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

With school this year I am not able to make what I would like for this very deserving project, so I offer up my gently used personal whip.

6' 16 plait Amper Style Lite: this is #005, and the only light version of this whip I have ever made (and likely ever will). It is black with a single accent strand of burgundy, with two plaited bellies. It has a Twisted English Eye and a 12 1/2" handshaped purpleheart handle.
Will come with two loaded twisted taper falls.

It is, as I stated, gently used.
These are the photos from when it was first made:

Here, you can see my husband, Lonnie, snuffing out candles with it.
https://youtu.be/fswXZGLYa34

All supplies, except for the burgundy accent, came from https://whip-nation.com
Inch by inch.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Tyler Blake wrote:Image

This is my same one from last year that didn't get claimed before the deadline- I had originally hoped to offer up a second, but I'm too far behind to commit to that. This is a 7 foot Academy bullwhip with a beautiful handle by Roy :)
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you Rachel :)

Robby
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Here is my offering for the Shelter Raffle. I started this over Christmas as my first experiment with 275 cord. It has only been test-cracked once or twice and still needs waxing (which will be done before it gets sent to the winner).

"Tassels"

6'6" Bullwhip
10.5" 6mm Steel Bar handle
Twisted Taper Core
1st Belly - 8 plt, sinew bound
2nd Belly - 12 plt, sinew bound
Handle Overlay - 30 plt, Black/Red 275 Cord with tassels
Thong - 16 plt, ending in 6 plt tip with std Fall Hitch
Double thick 24" Fall and twisted sinew cracker
5Bx6L tripled Heel and Transition Knots

(Pepper NOT included!)

Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Rachel!
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Ethan Mitchell

Post by Ethan Mitchell »

Ethan Mitchell wrote:My donation for this year's Raffle is a waxed 5.5' 14 plait fixed cup cowwhip with a served english eye. The handle is a piece of ash I turned from a piece of a branch. It will come with the TT fall pictured and a matching neon green one, together with two unmeasured straight falls. Also several artificial sinew and dyneema crackers.
The cup hole isn't quite straight unfortunately(if anyone has any tips for keeping the hole straight I would greatly appreciate it!) and the ash I used for the handle is has a rather rough finish since it wasn't completely dry. Otherwise the thong itself rolls out smoothly and accurately.
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

I hope I'm not too late.

I'd like to offer a whip also.
I did the best I could, but it does not compare to any whip already posted here. That being said, I did put my love in it :) so you'll be getting that.
I'll post the pics tomorrow, cause it's dark outside and I only just finished it.

It's a black and yellow 7ft bullwhip with a 10" handle.
It's made with two bellys and an overlay.
The handle core's made up of a 6mm steel bar.

The overlay is two toned and the handle is done with a egyptian eye pattern.

It comes with a few dyneema/twine cord hybride crackers.

But pics say more than words, so I'll be posting them tomorrow.

If I'm too late, then notify me and delete this post. Thanks.

Sven
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

I did not get a chance to build a whip, but I have a black “Tank” Bullwhip from Keanu at 808 Whip Co. that I am donating. I will get specs and pics when we get home.
He died for me, I'll live for him

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”