The "Making of" Gallery - Tyler Blake

This new Gallery replaces the former "Masters Gallery", which will work from now on as pure archive. Here you will find not only the work and art from folks who sell whips, but also from folks, who create their whips out of pure passion. And we have an additional gallery. It is called "The Gallery - Making of".
Robby Amper

The "Making of" Gallery - Tyler Blake

Post by Robby Amper »

In this thread, Tyler will post his making of pictures. The finished whip will be presented in the Makers and Masters Gallery. If you have questions on materials, braiding, patterns and what ever... Post it here!. If you like to comment on a finished whip... Post it here. The Galleries will be only what they're called - Galleries.

When you are exited on something - post it here. If you like to say how much you like something - or not - post it here. All comments which are made in the respective Masters Gallery will be simply deleted. The galleries will be like an exhibition. The whip, the art, the name of the whip. Not more. If you want to say something... You know where to post, right?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Beatiful whip Tyler! I really like your colours in the stock whip they blend in really well!
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Jyri. You‘ve got it! :)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Flemming Bo Christiansen

Post by Flemming Bo Christiansen »

Tyler - someway you make this stock whip to look very slim and elegant. If I know you right it is also very light weighted and easy to use. It normally don't like the combination of black and white, but there is something about the stock whip which does that I can't get my eyes of it
Today is a good day
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Sorry Robby! Here we are:
This is a stockwhip for Scott, and it features the "Qbert" pattern on the handle:

I think this took somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 tries to get it right. It started out really bad, and got a little better each time.
I wish now I had documented the process more, but I had to redo the black pictured here because it was too gappy. The other thing about this is Scott wanted the black parts of the handle in checkerboard, and I'm not complaining at all, please don't get me wrong, I was just out of my element in more way than one here. But now that it's done, I'm very proud of it, and there are some other similar type patterns I'll be trying eventually...
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Tyler, this makes my day. You should be proud of it, because you nailed it. This is exactly what I was envisioning - unique, but still very much Tyler/Exowhips. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

It should be noted, also, that this whip was squeezed into Tyler's already busy schedule due to the Holyoak Whips debacle mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Tyler and the Ring of Trust have really stepped up tp the plate. This whip, along with another made by Rachel, represents everything that is great about WB and the RoT. I'll own it with pride as it has, quite literally, been years in the making. Thank you, Tyler!
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I love the Qbert pattern. It's such an optical illusion.
You absolutely got it perfectly.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Fantastic job, Tyler. I used to play Qbert with the kids when they were little. Congratulations, Scott.
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Excellent work! While I have wanted to do one of these designs, I haven't as yet. I think Ben has done an entire Bullwhip handle like this.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Tyler, you should be proud of that one. It looks superb. I commend you for the many tries to get the pattern perfect.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Brandon "Sparky" Lam

Post by Brandon "Sparky" Lam »

Tyler, awesome work on the handle! :O
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Tyler, this is FANTASTIC!!!
You have done an outstanding job on this whip, it is really unusual and perfection all around... Please be very, very proud of this one!!!

Just, WOW!!!
Inch by inch.
Ethan Mitchell

Post by Ethan Mitchell »

Very stylish! I love how the triaxle weave peeks out after the concho. Great job Tyler!
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Jyri and Flemming! And thanks for setting up the new gallery format Robby!

Scott, I'm delighted :) And I'm proud that you will be cracking and enjoying this whip, and when he's a little bigger maybe you'll share it with Little Man :)

Thanks Ron! Thanks Mark, I used to play Qbert when I was just knee high to my father's kilt :

Thanks Roger! I was thinking it was you, so congratulations to Ben for doing one of these.

Roy, Sparky, Rachel, and Ethan, I thank you kindly :)
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Amazing work, Tyler. It's cool to see how you make the whip with all of the loose ends hanging out and then are able to finish it so cleanly.
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Craig!
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Amazing work Tyler expecially the triaxl pattern.
I'm wondering with the leather...
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Gio, the Q-Bert pattern is even more striking than it appears in the pictures. With the right color combination, I would imagine that it could be breathtaking in roo hide.
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Gio! I would definitely encourage you to try it- it's challenging, but rewarding :)
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Tyler Blake wrote:Thanks Gio! I would definitely encourage you to try it- it's challenging, but rewarding :)
And it would look fabulous in leather! :)
'Less is often more!'

Return to “Makers and Masters (+++public thread+++)”