Charity for Lucy whip and an announcement on shitty whip makers

Le'me see... Whips, whips and - whips!
Robby Amper

Charity for Lucy whip and an announcement on shitty whip makers

Post by Robby Amper »

What the title says. What the title says... :)

Robby

https://youtu.be/_ghwHP6TjWI
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Robby, thank you very much for making that video!
Lucy performs like a dream, it crack's with no effort at all and roll's out very smoothly - my greatest compliments to your work Jessie!

Robby, Merry Christmas to you too from me and Tanja!

All the best
Ben
Jyri Haveri

Post by Jyri Haveri »

Whip works wonderfully! Well done Jessie!
Thank you Robby for the video, looking forward for the next one! You are so natural in front of camera.
Merry christmas!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Very well done, Robby! Your little video shows just how good Jessie's work it.

Just one thing: will everyone know who Lucy is? You might like to post a brief word of explanation about her connection with the whole Dog Shelter Campaign.
'Less is often more!'
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Thank you Robby for sharing this with us.
"Lucy" really looks like she handles like a dream.

Mr. Robert, thank you for being so thoughtful and generous.
Lucy has her rightful home, thanks to you.
It speaks volumes as to the kind of man you are.
Huge respect Sir.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Thanks very much, Ron. It seemed the obvious thing to do!
'Less is often more!'
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

Very nice! That is one great whip!
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Robby, I enjoyed the video very much.

Good move, Robert!
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I'm happy to see Lucy go to Robby. It was something I had wanted, but conversations led me to believe Robby just had no interest in another whip. I'm happy and I hope Robby is happy too. Now, to figure out what next year's prize will be. :)
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Mr. Robert, well done!!

Robby, that is as is should be: PERFECT!!

WS, absolutely beautiful whip.

Robby, that is a beautiful thing right there.

On the upcoming video series: I hope to never have to be featured with those highlighted whipmakers...
Inch by inch.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Right? ....as I diligently bind my current whip...

I have a couple of concerns on a reverse whip review. Really, these are serious things. They can destroy a business. I guess it is what it is. It's not like the information isn't out there...or here. I guess if this news does anything, it makes us want to be even better.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Bind, Sister, Bind! You have nothing to worry about, the whips I've seen that you've made, on video flow like water and look beautiful.
Inch by inch.
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

Robby, I'm glad to see that whip made its way to you.

Jessie, you are an amazing maker. That whip flowed so smoothly. I'll be placing an order for one in the nearish future.

Robby, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i would love to send a whip out to you. Would you be willing to do a review, not even a video, just would love to see what you think.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Robert, you, sir, are a class act.

Robby, I'm glad that Lucy has made her way back home. Merry Christmas!
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

As far as a reverse review goes, as long as facts are used and only facts there's nothing wrong with it and should be about a person's current build style.
A sample of any certain builder's whip methods would also be a plus.

I would say that care should be taken to keep anything liable out of any statements or video review. That's why it's "Only the facts Ma'am."

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Flemming Bo Christiansen

Post by Flemming Bo Christiansen »

Robby - Thank You for the Christmas greetings.

Everytime I se a new whip in use in a smooth controlled way I imagine that I can see the behave a little different. This whip seems to be very easy to crack and very gentle to shoulders.

About the bad whipmakers - After what I have seen on the internet, and the amount of money I have spendt on bad whips, I think that, that serie wil become an never ending story.
Today is a good day
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Jessie Edwards wrote:I have a couple of concerns on a reverse whip review. Really, these are serious things. They can destroy a business. I guess it is what it is. It's not like the information isn't out there...or here. I guess if this news does anything, it makes us want to be even better.
Jessie, I think I share your concerns. We have all encountered bad whip-makers - but trumpeting their names to the world seems (to me) to be slightly 'over the top'. Robby, I know that - as a German - you always want to 'tell it like it is'; but it might not be necessary to be too vicious about the baddies. Just saying, 'These are whip-makers I would rather avoid', or something like that, might be quite enough....

Sometimes understatement can be more powerful than outright condemnation - but that's just my view....
'Less is often more!'
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

I do see where Jessie and Robby come from. I think it can be approached graciously however. I remember the video that Robby filmed after Craig sent him the antler handled whip. In that video, Robby pointed out that the transition was a little loose. Nothing rude or meanhearted about it. I also have to say, an unbiased, purely factual review might encourage some of these disreputable makers to improve their methodology.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Jesse Bessette wrote:I remember the video that Robby filmed after Craig sent him the antler handled whip. In that video, Robby pointed out that the transition was a little loose. Nothing rude or meanhearted about it.
I greatly appreciated the review, especially the correct assessment of flaws.
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

When done in that way, we learn how to inprove our product. If done in a rude manner, the subject we are discussing can often be dismissed under the pretense of, "Oh, theyre having an off day."

I have to say, and I really don't care what this does to me in regards to him, but I sent a whip to Adam Winrich earlier this year. Wanted to get his opinion. Apparently, it was too stiff. Like it had been bound tightly, which it had. It felt stiff, and it wasn't as loose as a used whip. All in all, it was a "poorly built whip. Too stiff for actual use of any sort." Fast forward a couple weeks to when I see a buddy of mine who performs, and he fell in love with it, bought it on the spot. Uses it in his shows pretty regularly. Needless to say, I was a little miffed about Winrich's review. Then I find out how his are made and that cleared everything up.
-Mark Twain

Return to “Whips (+++ public thread +++)”