Why "Terror in the Aisles"...?

How much description does it take, when the whole thing is called "Movies", hm...?
Robby Amper

Why "Terror in the Aisles"...?

Post by Robby Amper »

Pretty simple. That title is an hommage to Donald Pleasence, an english actor who died in February 1995. He was one of those actors who you instantly recognized when you saw him. But nobody could remember his name. He was in the (original!) movie "Fantastic Voyage", he was Dr. Loomis in "Halloween" by John Carpenter, he was the bad guy in "James Bond - You only live twice" he was the priest in "Prince of Darkness" and many, many more. I bet that the most of you would look at him, saying "I know that guy...!" snapping your fingers, guessing what his name is. Once he was the host in a movie - or better, a sampler - in which all the famous evil guys in modern film history were introduced. And the title of that sampler was...it was...right. "Terror in the Aisles" :)

And so I can't think of a better name for this thread. Donald Pleasence was one of those actors who never received an Oscar. But he supported a whole lot of actors in roles they got the Oscar for. We can't give him an Oscar. But I can call a thread after this great man.

So... If you like to talk about movies - or you'd like to recommend a movie or a show; this is the place. I am sure that this thread will not be "crowded". Actually it will be a more dark and silent place. But not dark, because of the Vampires who fear the sun. I call it dark, because everybody waits for the magic moment, when the lights go down, the curtain opens and - the movie starts.

Legend

*Those who watched the other threads know exactly what it is about "Legend", right...?
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I loved Donald Pleasence and the parts he plaid.
I remember him in all of the movies you mentioned.
He was a very underrated actor who probably will not receive too much recognition, aside from Terror in the Aisles, that he deserves.

Lets get some popcorn and bring down the lights, aaaaaand...... "Action!'

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

The bad guy preacher in the Charlton Heston movie "Will Pence"! And who "Dr. Evil" is a parody of the character he played in the 007 movie! "Soldier Blue" I think he also was the trader who sold guns to the Indians.
Fantastic actor.
Inch by inch.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Robby, I'm sure, knowing that your Nerd Credentials are quite in order, that you watched The Outer Limits... there was an episode called The Man With the Power that he starred in that is really excellent, and even though it's less well known than his movie roles it's how I always think of him :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

I actually remember him best as the guy who went blind in The Great Escape.
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Geoffrey Tucker

Post by Geoffrey Tucker »

I have never been a big movie watcher for the most part but I think it is wonderful you guys have a place to discuss. I still enjoy reading what you guys write here. I am more of the documentary type. Keep it coming this is interesting to read :)
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

Craig Frank wrote:I actually remember him best as the guy who went blind in The Great Escape.
Oh! That Guy! Now I remember him.
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.
Guy "Ocean" Jonassen

Post by Guy "Ocean" Jonassen »

The Great Escape I think I enjoyed the most of his films. He was a very good and underrated actor. Fun fact, he was the host of the SNL episode where the LA punk band FEAR broke a few cameras.

Return to “Terror in the Aisles (+++public thread+++)”