The donation Paypal Information. Let the games begin!

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Matt Henderson

Post by Matt Henderson »

Ron, I love it when people refer to WB as 'the family'... it's like something out of an 80s gangster film :D
'Sic Parvis Magna'
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

So, a wise guy huh? Just kidding Matt :p

Cool, that will make this our first successful whip auction open to the public- given how successfuk we were when we limited it to WB members only, this could get huge :D
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Post by Guest »

And the money has officially started pouring in :)

At the moment we are at 87,48 EUR. Keep it coming for our furry little buddies!

- Pokkis
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Almost a hundred bucks, cool.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Great!!!
Inch by inch.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I feel like we should have kind of a concerted marketing campaign for this since this is open to the public- Those of us with homepages should post an announcement, and we should cover the social media angle too. It may be too early to start that since we don't have many pictures yet, but it's not too early to start thinking about it...
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

I agree, Tyler. It will be almost end of July before I have very much time, maybe august 1st. But I think I can do something for my website and other places.
Inch by inch.
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

FWIW, I'll be posting something up on my FB pages. Hopefully bring in a bit more cash.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Tyler, that's a great idea!

I thought about how I could bring attention to this campaign since I'm not a member of FB or any other social media. Therfore I've spoken to a friend who runs a shooting range (over 1000 members from different shooting clubs) and asked him if I could print flyers and spread those amongst the members of his shooting range. He allowed me to do so and he also invited me to their annual BBQ to promote the dog shelter donation campaign (Quote from him:" bring some of your whips with you and show them how much fun it is to crack a whip - this way you'll get more attention/interest before handing out the flyers of the campaign").

All the best
Ben
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Do we have to word it a certain way to avoid confusion and possible legal issues?
I guess it depends but there might be some legal guidelines and rules to be able to do this on social media like FB .
I would hate for myself or another member have some legal issues if it's not done right.

Just something to think about.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Ben, that sounds great! let us know how it turns out....

Ron, you're probably right. The legal pitfalls in this litigious age are many and varied....
'Less is often more!'
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Good deal Roger :)
Ben, that's awesome!
I hadn't thought about legalities... but, Wouldn't it be a bitter irony, with the crap that goes around social media, if the thing someone got sued for was trying to raise money for dogs?
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Tyler Blake wrote:Good deal Roger :)
Ben, that's awesome!
I hadn't thought about legalities... but, Wouldn't it be a bitter irony, with the crap that goes around social media, if the thing someone got sued for was trying to raise money for dogs?
That is a legitimate concern.

What about, if this is going to be open to the public, having a public spot on WB (as has been done before) where the donAtion info is. Everyone can then post a link to the "how to donate" spot.

Ben, that's really awesome!!!
Inch by inch.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere and I missed it. I'm in the middle of studying for finals next week.
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Pokkis - how is it going? Do you have an actual list who is donating what whip and how much tickets are sold...?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Post by Guest »

Robby, it seems that nothing has changed since the last time I checked in. There's one donation for $100,50 USD.

I just checked, and it seems that I made a bit of a mistake. Normally whenever I make a PayPal purchase, my personal card is charged instead of the PayPal account. I just now noticed that one purchase I made from Steam was charged from the donated funds, but I'll correct that from my paycheck next week. Not much, just 7 or so EUR, but still money that isn't mine to spend, and I hereby give you all my apologies for this. It was my mistake and I'll replace it with some extra. Hopefully everyone will understand that this was not intentional, and accept my apology.

The donated whips are another thing. I haven't been keeping track of those at all, as I didn't know my duties covered more than the money involved. That said, I can keep track of the whips as well, if necessary. No problem.

- Pokkis
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

Pokkis, I think we all understand. There should be a setting that allows you to use your preferred payment method as your card rather than a PayPal balance. I would have to double check, but I do believe that is the case.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain

Post by Guest »

Turns out that it's a per payment sort of thing, but however it is, I'll make sure our furry little buddies get what's theirs. Even my workmate's pretty little amstaff approves, disregarding her slight "he thinks I'm a lapdog?" face:

Noooo! Imma scary attack dog! Stop! Fear me!!

Yeah, fortunately my workplace is cool enough that everyone accepts the occasional dog visit every now and then :)

- Pokkis
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

It's cool Pokkis, that could have happened to anyone :)
Ethan Mitchell

Post by Ethan Mitchell »

As I am totally new to this kind of thing could some one explain how this all works? Especially, what I will need to do as far as donating a leash?

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”