The Dog Shelter Campaign 2017

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Robby Amper

The Dog Shelter Campaign 2017

Post by Robby Amper »

Ladies and Gentlemen - here we go. This year we will have - again! - or dog shelter campaign.
That means that - hopefully - a lot of stuff is donated, and a whole lot of lottery tickets will be bought :)

EDIT!!!! The account to donate via PayPal is Robby.Amper@me.com, just put "dog shelter donation" on the payment message along with your full name and the email you would like us to contact you should you win. Read further for full details.

Each lottery ticket is 05.00 Euro.

Everybody can buy as much tickets as he/she wants. The more, the better.

The winner of a donation has to pay the donator's shipping costs!

Normally I would say it's absolutely normal to say "thank you" to a donator and to post a video, or at least
a picture, but past told me - told us - different. There were folks who received their donation, and did not say
anything. No word. No thank you, no nothing. A picture? No way. I can't force anyone to do so. But I can
say that I hope, really hope, that we now have folks with enough manners and character to do that.
Please don't proof me wrong.

Nobody has to be a whip maker to donate! You can donate an old whip of yours - but please not the cheap
mexican tourist swivel handle nonsense, okay? - or anything, others could be interested in.

And you can do that right here: viewtopic.php?pid=113350#p113350

The drawing will be made at SEPTEMBER 09, 2017 - here during the WB Meeting!
So everyone who wants to donate something, has three month to do that.

The drawing will be filmed in one shot, to make sure, that everything runs smooth. But... But we need someone to take care of the donations. Of the money. That can't be me, because it would become very easy to somefolks to say: "Look at him - he runs the WB show and now he has all the money in his hands..." We had this before. So - if anybody wants to have that job... Please: Post it here. EDIT! The donation PayPal address is at the top of this message. PLEASE make sure to include your full name and email address with the words DOG SHELTER DONATION in the message box please!

Ladies and Gentlemen - the race is on!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Thanks for setting this up Robby, it looks good. Robby and I had a talk and we have an idea for someone to take donations. As soon as we get the OK, we will let you all know.

Make whips! I love this part. Not only do we get amazing gifts, but we get to see what each of us are up to and capable of. So far I have a sturdy and awesomely functional whip by Einar and a beautiful coral snakewhip by Roger. I show everyone because they are wonderful, but also because its really an honor to show them to people as examples of good whips as well as the differences in performance and personality from one whip maker to another. These aren't just whips, these are reflections of ourselves and that's really cool. So, ready, set, plait!
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Yeah!!!!!! I can't wait to see all the art!!!
Thank you Robby for clear, straightforward rules which makes it simple to participate!

This is one of my favorite projects.
Inch by inch.
Brandon "Sparky" Lam

Post by Brandon "Sparky" Lam »

Alright! This sounds like a lot of fun~
Can't wait to see what people come up with ^_^
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Yay, I love this campaign. Thank you Robby for putting it together again. Hopefully we have a great turnout
He died for me, I'll live for him
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

This really is exciting and a cause that's dear to my heart.
It's an honor to participate.

I believe it would also be nice, not as a rule, but as a general understanding that posting pics and or a video of the prizes when received would be awesome.
It wouldn't be mandatory but saying thank you to the donator for their donation would be just the right thing to do.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

You are more than right!

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Done.

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Robby Amper wrote:Done.

Robby

Perfect :)
Inch by inch.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Sweet! This a highlight every year :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Let's keep this up and going. Anyone else have their donation whip ready to post? How are we doing on fundage Pokkis?
~Management
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I'm done with the overlay and working on the foundation for the heel knot.
I have something in mind for the heel treatment and I have to wait for an order to come in. But that should be in about 3 or 4 days.

In general, it's coming along.

Ron
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

I hope to post new (and, I hope, rather better) photos of the whip I'm donating within the next twenty four hours.
'Less is often more!'
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Hi guys,

Robby will be taking over the collection of the donations to move forward with the campaign. So from now on, please send the donations to the paypal Robby.Amper@me.com as a friends and family transfer and we can go forward with the campaign.
~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Jessie! Just one more thing... Please send the money for your lottery tickets in EURO. Not in US Dollar. Reason is, that if you send US Dollar, we will have to pay conversion fees. I hope I use the right words, here :) Okay, 5.00 Euro are a bit more than 5.00 USD, but I think the cause is worth a few Cents more, right?

I'll keep you updated how things are going!

Robby
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

So, I don't have the option to send in Euros. Ill be buying the bullet and buying some tickets anyways, in the next couple weeks.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Once all the donation prizes have been posted, I will feel a little more secure in telling others where to help the shelter and have a chance at quality whips and other great donations as well.

Ron
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I'm happy to help! It's about the doggies. It does not matter who takes care of the money. The only thing that matters is, that it goes where it belongs in the end, right?

Jesse - when you send money with PayPal, you should be able to choose the currency you send the money. Could anyone check this and help Jesse on that matter? Thaaaank you :)

Robby
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

I should have Scrappy done and waxed by the end of this week. Want it done before we go on hols.
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

I just sent money and I can confirm that it works (assuming that Robby actually got it). When you are presented with the amount boxes, on the left you will have USD and on the right, EUR. I simply typed the whole number amount into the EUR box on the right and it automatically did the conversion to USD on the left. It'll then add the small friends & family fee, and you're good to go.
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”