The Dog Shelter Campaign 2017

Well... We have an annual whip lottery, in which everybodey can participate. And the money for the tickets goes - exactly; to the doggies. And to avoid any possible "misunderstandings" - with an official contribution receipt...!
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Scott! It worked perfect! I really wish that everybody would read that and do it that way. I received another donation/Lottery tickets for 50.00 USD. It was sent in USD and so it was cut down to 41,13 Euro. PayPal fees and conversion...
So - please - send it as "Family and Friends" and in Euro. On the last example we lost nearly 18% of the donation in currency changing and PayPal fees. 17,74% to be precise :)

Anyway - thank you, folks!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Robby,

Instead of dealing with all of the currency changing issues, fees, etc., why not change things so that each "lottery ticket" costs 5€, instead of $5 US? Not everyone is in the US, you and the dog shelter are located in a country that uses Euro, so why should we use USD? If people want to send USD, thats fine, but they don't get as many tickets (8 tickets instead of 10 in the example you used above). And, should they choose to use USD, you don't lose money on 10 tickets, you gain extra money on 8 tickets!

Scott
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

You're totally right, Scott. Thank you for your comment. I already posted this (Post #15):

Just one more thing... Please send the money for your lottery tickets in EURO. Not in US Dollar. Reason is, that if you send US Dollar, we will have to pay conversion fees. I hope I use the right words, here smile Okay, 5.00 Euro are a bit more than 5.00 USD, but I think the cause is worth a few Cents more, right?

Post #25 was this:

I really wish that everybody would read that and do it that way. I received another donation/Lottery tickets for 50.00 USD. It was sent in USD and so it was cut down to 41,13 Euro. PayPal fees and conversion...
So - please - send it as "Family and Friends" and in Euro. On the last example we lost nearly 18% of the donation in currency changing and PayPal fees. 17,74% to be precise
:)

I can't help it - I can't do more than to post it here. I mean... I get orders for the WB DVDs from the Philippines.

In Euro.

Robby
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Robby,

I was referring all the way back to Post #1, Item #01 which reads "Each lottery ticket is 05.00 USD." and suggesting that you change it to read "Each lottery ticket is 05.00 Euro." You then can change the way you calculate the number of lottery tickets "purchased" is based on the number of Euro you receive, and not on the number of USD that was sent.

In other words, if you send 50€, you get ten tickets. If you choose to send $50 US (41.13€), then you get 8 tickets and the extra 1.13€ is a bonus donation to the puppies. A person who sends in 100€ will (and should) get more chances to win one of the donated prizes than a person who sends in 50€. Everyone can agree on this.

The conversion issue is exactly the same thing. The person who sends money in Euro is sending more money than a person who is sending USD. If you can't or won't send money in Euro, then you shouldn't get the same number of chances at winning one of the donated prizes as someone who has followed the repeated requests and who has actually sent more money.

If you allow the cost of the tickets to remain in USD and are giving people the choice between purchasing 10 tickets for $50 or purchasing 10 tickets for 50€, then people will continue to choose to send USD for the same number of lottery tickets because the price per ticket is cheaper in USD than it is in Euro. All I'm saying is that the conversion needs to be applied someplace, either to the currency or to the number of tickets purchased.

Scott
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

You are right - again :) I changed it to Euro. But I already mentioned it in my other posts.
Let's hope for the best, right?

At the moment we have 116,13 Euro in the pot. I'm waiting for the money from Pokkis - then it should be a little bit more.
But actually - here with me - it is 116,13 Euro in total.

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

The money arrived today. I have no idea what took him so long, but - well. It's here. Special thanks to Jessie - she wrote him in private and more or less begged him to finish this drama. Pokkis did not log in here since the 10th. Hm. I am still interested why he was not able to send the donated money because of a lost contact lense, but was able to post about it...

Anyway. Here a few stats for you:

The donated money is actually (in Euro - that is the currency in which the donation will be made)

And that money was donated by 4 people.

I will keep you updated!

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Thank you Jess, thank you Robby:
For the pups....
Inch by inch.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Thanks Jessie, and thank you Robby for the update.
Over 223 Euros.... yea ! :)

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

Robby Amper wrote: Anyway. Here a few stats for you:

The donated money is actually (in Euro - that is the currency in which the donation will be made)

And that money was donated by 4 people.

I will keep you updated!

Robby
I'm shocked! Only 4 people have donated so far? If anybody has looked at what is being put up for auction that number would be much higher. There are some very high quality whips in there. To think that a classic Mike Murphy bullwhip can be had for only 5 Euros, what a steal!

By the way, I put a new redhide fall on it today. I had to replait the point and lost about an inch in the process. I still plan on giving it a good cleaning and a new coat of shellac before some lucky person gets it.

Jeff
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

In the meantime it's five...

Robby
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

And now, six. I've just sent a donation.... :)
'Less is often more!'
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

When all the donations are made and in the pool, I had planned on making a slideshow, like i do with my own whips for on youtube. I am waiting on you all to get your donations done and in the pool with good high quality pictures. I may need you to send pictures via email.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

I'm almost done with mine, just have to put the keeper on the handle and finish a couple small details. I hope to have pics by tomorrow, though I start school this evening at 6:00.
I will try to get that done asap, Jess.

Jeff I have a feeling we will see the donations grow.
Inch by inch.
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

Ill be putting knots on tonight. The whip,itself is plaited.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Seven :)
Inch by inch.
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Jessie Edwards wrote:When all the donations are made and in the pool, I had planned on making a slideshow, like i do with my own whips for on youtube. I am waiting on you all to get your donations done and in the pool with good high quality pictures. I may need you to send pictures via email.
That's an excellent idea!
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

The thong is done on my whip. Finish up the handle this week and I will post it
He died for me, I'll live for him
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

OK, are almost all the donations posted and accounted for? I promised I would put together a slideshow video with all the donations, so if everyone is ready ill get to work on that this weekend. ?? Yes? No?
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Jessie, that would be fantastic! Folks... Everyone of you, who's donating a whip - please send a few pictures right to Jessie. She will pick up the best and create a slideshow. Thank you, Jessie. That is a great help.

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

I will get pictures taken today, I am feeling better today.
Inch by inch.

Return to “The official annual WB Dog Shelter Campaign”