The Tasmanian Cutback from 5/8/2017 to 5/17/2017

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Sven, your last day video shows good improvement (I also liked the victorian cutback at the end of your video) - well done !!!
I will also keep on practicing the tasmanian cutback additionally to the current challenge.

All the best
Ben
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

Thank you Ben. I'm very glad to hear that. It's encouraging.
Thank you.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

This is the hardest whip crack I've attempted to learn so far. Most attempts were frustrating. Learning to rotate the whip better might help. I'll be trying this again soon
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Russel, don't feel bad.
This is the crack that started my shoulder hurting again.
I never even came close to completing it correctly.
Hang in there and persevere and you'll get it.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Thanks Ron, I must admit practicing this one has hard on my shoulder and wrists also.
I'll keep trying though :)
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

This is a difficult crack to perform. Good luck practicing Russell.

Sven
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Russell, good luck with the tasmanina cutback! It's a difficult technique in my opinion, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

One of the mistakes that I made while trying to learn the tasmanian cutback was that I didn't wait long enough before changing directions. Warming up befrore going for a session is also helpful in order to prevent injuries on your shoulders/wrists.
You could also start by brining up the whip against the curve, so you can bring it down with the curve without having to do a rotation. Once you feel cofortable doing that you could add the swivel (bringing the whip up with the curve, swivel, and bringing it down with the curve again).

All the best
Ben

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”