10 Cracks In A Row. 2/25 to 3/6 2017

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Today is the last day for the 10 cracks in a row challenge.
I still can't get the crossover and the opposite horizontal (side arm flick) is still very iffy.
It's still better than what started with, not being able to even remember the sequence and all.

https://youtu.be/dnHyDIAL03o

It's going to take a lot more practice to able to do this correctly.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Russell Jones wrote:I mean no disrespect to Robby but it's good to see other people's views and techniques. :)
Of course not! The best thing a student can do, is, to look out for different teachers. Different teachers mean different aspects. And that means more knowledge for the student. I'm actually in touch with a girl, who's videos are very good. And - if everything goes well, I will make a WB short on her work. So - go out into the world and get as much info and different lessons as any possible!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

I learned so much from this exercise.
I want to thank everyone who participated and commented. It was very beneficial for me personally.
Ron, nice clip. Your coachman's crack looks very nice! Congratulations on getting the whole combo too. That's great progress :)
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Thanks Robby :) I agree too :) As I increase my input into whip cracking, so does my appetite for the output of knowledge and performances from the many people who enjoy whip cracking! It's like discovering a whole new world.I can't thank you and the other members of Whip Basics enough for your kind and ongoing guidance into it either!
Robby Amper wrote:
Russell Jones wrote:I mean no disrespect to Robby but it's good to see other people's views and techniques. :)
Of course not! The best thing a student can do, is, to look out for different teachers. Different teachers mean different aspects. And that means more knowledge for the student. I'm actually in touch with a girl, who's videos are very good. And - if everything goes well, I will make a WB short on her work. So - go out into the world and get as much info and different lessons as any possible!

Robby
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Russel, I will keep doing this off the challenge.
I really need to nail down the crossover and be more proficient with the opposite horizontal.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Good stuff Ron.
I am by no means finished with this one either. My crossover and Coachman's crack still needs work beside some finer refinements to the other cracks.
It's a really nice combo, I hope to "master" it.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Ron, that's really coming along very nicely - even though (as you realise) there is still progress to be made.
'Less is often more!'

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”