Individual Whip Swap for 2016 (not the official annual whip)

Ron May

Individual Whip Swap for 2016 (not the official annual whip)

Post by Ron May »

Here's where you can post your build thread for the individual whip swap in a new topic.
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your creations. :)

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

That was the quickest tutorial ever. Sorry Ron, cyclone. I'm making supper. :) This was a great idea! Thanks for setting it up!
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Jessie, the idea was first presented by Brandon and Charlie.
It's such a good idea of both the swap and the new section.

Ron
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Oh yeah, I knew the whip swap idea was Brandon and Charlie, but when I was reading through I saw the bit about the separate section, which was absolutely necessary. I have to admit, I haven't been paying attention to the thread because I wasn't contributing a whip. I am, however, pretty psyched to see the work being done.

Anywhoooo, thanks for the section idea. It will help keep things organized for everyone I think.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Good stuff. I'll get a thread sorted.

Thanks for getting this up for us.

Post by Guest »

Awesome!
Charlie Carpenter

Post by Charlie Carpenter »

Thanks for setting up the swap Erik :) and thanks for giving us a section to play in Ron :)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Okay. I was waiting now for several month. But - like everyone can see - no more news since last December.

Ideas, anyone?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Last I had read, no individual swaps were to be set up through WB unless it was by PM? And only the results were to be showed?

This was due to if someone did not do their part, that kept it between the individuals and not back on WB... Unless I read wrong :)
Inch by inch.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I'm not sure what happened to this one either.

Ron
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

A whip was not produced, misunderstanding or not, there were resulting feelings about it... And that was the consensus was to keep any future individual swaps private between the individuals.
Basically, we are responsible to deal with our own drama and it not bounce back on WB for all members to be responsible for.
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Yep. THat's right, Rachel. But I have another drama, that really makes me angry. It's right here:

viewtopic.php?pid=119681#p119681

Post #290...

A lot of people talk abou the great community, we have. And as long everything is fine and sunny, it's a wonderful community. But the same moment it is about taking responsibility for something, it becomes dark instantly. And quiet. Very, very quiet. Those are exactly the moments I ask myself why I don't close my own account, give this forum to who ever it wants and have a nice and quiet life. I am so sick with all the promises, the "great" ideas, the completely fucked up participation in the 20/20 challenge thing. The reason why I am more and more behind the curtain - aside handling the hords of idiots, who want to join the forum and the Ring of Trust - is that lack of interest. The moment I really start to prune this place, we will have a cozy, little and nice place. With 10 or 12 members. And I swear to God - I will love it.

One day the majority here will try to log in, only to see that their accounts are deleted. That will be the day I will feel like home, again. And those 10 - 12 remaining members will feel like home, too.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

You're right.
Absolutly right.
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I started and deleted 9 accounts. We're down to 39, now.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I believe Tyler is at a point where his eye and promised whips are going to let him do the overlay.

Pokkis is doing the knots but he may not be feeling like he can do this at this time.
So, I really don't know where it goes from here.

I think this is too good a project to let it die or fade off the radar.

But you are right. If it's not done it's not a completed "good idea" and becomes one of many that never get finished.

Ron
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

I will do whatever I can to help Tyler with this project.
Inch by inch.
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

I'm not at the point where I can directly help with the construction of the whip, but if the whip I ordered from Tyler is the customer order he needs to get to before he can finish, I'd be happy to wait a little bit extra and get this one in line before mine.
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Brandon "Sparky" Lam

Post by Brandon "Sparky" Lam »

After the original whip swaps (Morten and I, Sir Roger and Craig), wasn't there a few problems with people disappearing or something? So it was agreed that any private whip swaps was our own concern and to PM it if we wanted to....not sure if anyone's done a swap since.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Brandon, yes. The main point is the larger issue here.... Not following through. Not following through in a respectable timely manner, whether its a swap between individuals or a group project or...?

The holdup on the Conglomerwhip project is NOT due to Tyler.
I just want that to be clear...
You can't send it forward if you have no place to send it.
Inch by inch.
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

OK, I apologize if I misunderstood. I took Tyler's post on July 27th to mean that he had not yet gotten to it due to the problems he had with his eye. I wasn't in any way trying to point a finger at Tyler. Rather, I was trying to help out by giving him some extra "wiggle room" in his schedule if it would help bring this project to completion.

As far as Tyler not having someone to send it to, one of the challenges I face being the guy with his name at the bottom of the board is that I don't have a lot of the history behind things that happened (or didn't happen) before I got here. Some of it I can infer from reading old posts, but if I get it wrong, please understand that it is out of ignorance, not malice.
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Return to “Private whip swap area”