The 10/10 Challenge

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Geoffrey Tucker

Post by Geoffrey Tucker »

Thanks Ron. Thanks Sir Roger.

Well, this would have been my day 10 Circus Crack video and notes but I dare not put my whip in the sludge that is my practice area. There is large storm system moving into North Alabama right now that looks promising to bring more rain later and tonight. I thought the park near my house would offer a slightly damp but sludge free area to shoot but it's a bit worse than I had anticipated. As soon as I can I'll get day 10 videoed and posted and afterwards I will begin Day 1 Underhand Crack on the same day. I'm disappointed because it is the first day I have not gotten to practice since getting my whip. Just wanted to stay on schedule with everything so I felt I needed to post regardless.
Geoffrey Tucker

Well, Got a long enough break in the rain for my practice area to dry out nicely. Sadly, more rain is coming. This will be my first day Underhand Crack video. My form will improve. This is not so great in my book. I was in a lot pain today. On each repetition, once the whip cracked my bad right shoulder was locking up on me and my following through with whip momentum was almost impossible to do correctly. I will work hard on this to get it better and up to standard. It's a very fun crack. I love it! I didn't even hit my phone :) I was getting about 10" from it. All in all, not real happy with it but it could have been much worse I know. So, I've got a lot of fun practice ahead of me. I really do mean fun! Whips are amazing...

https://youtu.be/43hWoAW3GVc
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I love this crack.
Simple and it leads to so much more if applied.
*there's no video* it's been "removed by user"*

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Geoffrey Tucker

Ok. I'll check the problem
Geoffrey Tucker

Well, I see what I did. Lol.

Anyway, same info as above...

Let's try this link again :)

Day 1: Underhand Crack

https://youtu.be/-sFlVYSysnE
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Geoff, day one is looking very good.
Nice smooth delivery and follow through.
Keep up the good work.

Ron
Geoffrey Tucker

Oh, and thanks for the practice compliment man. I got sidetracked by t-shirt talk.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Sorry guys, I pruned. Please read this thread. viewtopic.php?id=5055
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

I can't: "Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated."
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Geoffrey Tucker

Day 2: Underhand Crack

I warmed up with a 10 min CC session and put in two 15 min UC sessions. Things going well. You can't put a price on focus. I pick a point on my tripod out in front of me and make sure I am back enough not to contact it. That becomes my focus point. The whip and I connect within the Force and the whip follows that with amazing accuracy. Wait a minute... the whip just might be the Force and I am simply following unspoken instructions. Hmm :D

Planning more practice throughout the day if my shoulder holds up and the rain stays away.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Geoff, that sounds like very good progress.
Don't over do the sessions if your shoulder is protesting. It's probably doing that for a reason.

Ron
Geoffrey Tucker

I know you are right Ron. That's sound advice and I appreciate your concern. I may just try one more later today. Thanks :)
Geoffrey Tucker

Day 3: Underhand Crack
I got in a very enjoyable 20 min session.

Everything is going well.

This is my favorite crack so far...
About time to head out again :)
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Geoff, that's the way to end a session, on a positive note.

Ron
Geoffrey Tucker

Thanks Ron
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Geoffrey, your day 1 underhand crack practice video looks very, very good (it's amazing how fast you get the hang of new whipcracking techniques) - very good job!

All the best
Ben
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

You're pick these cracks up prettt fast. Your day 1 video looks very good.

There's just one thing. It could be just me, but it seems you extend your arm out pretty far forward. I don't know if that's a bad thing, I just noticed.

Anyway, very good.

Sven
Geoffrey Tucker

Thanks Ben.

Ok Sven. Thanks. I will keep an eye on that.
Geoffrey Tucker

I went back and watched me in comparison to Robby and I do seem to be extending more than he does. I think I have it pinpointed. I believe that I am putting too much upper body rotation in. i will address this next practice session. Thanks again Sven.
Geoffrey Tucker

Robby seems to be stopping where his shoulders are in line with each other. I am definitely crossing more to an angle in regards to shoulder alignment.

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”