Chaos in Germany. WB Meet & Greet. Oh, my word...

Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Don't listen to his reply. He is lying. He is the princess. A big meaner by day, fairy by night...
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

She was joking. Trust me. I didn't call call anyone names and no one was crying. Okay... Some tears from laughing, perhaps. And I did not - I repeat, not - wear anything pink. Nor did I had wings, fairy dust nor did I shave my legs. I think, I have to talk to Jessie.

And - Rachel - no Crocs with glitter. Sorry :)
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Lies!!!
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

I hear fairys can be cantankerous and mischievous critters :D
With glitter crocs I believe it.

Robby you're going to make Larry the Cable Guy jealous if he sees your legs lookin better in those pink tights.
Inch by inch.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Ok.......... what's the truth.
Was there glitter on the pink crocs or not?
"Ve haf vays off meking you tolk."

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

No glitter. I mean... Do I look like I would wear pink. Or tights...?
And Ron - you scare me with that "voice" of yours :)

Robby
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Really. You guys...it's scary here. Sniff...
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

There you go ;)
I knew you'd set it right!!!!
Pink is not my favorite either.....
No glitter, no glitter!

Now you have to say
"Make my day..."
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

It's scary as this...

Scary, hm...?

Robby
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I had to force a smile or he would kill me...Ralph has a knife....
~Management
Sebastian Schott

Post by Sebastian Schott »

Sorry couldn't resist... this just blinked up in my mind right now :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwr-7nkTuX4
Ralph Masemann

Post by Ralph Masemann »

Jessie Edwards wrote:I had to force a smile or he would kill me...Ralph has a knife....
Yes of course. I have a knife, but I forgot it at home... :D

I wish I could say something about the "Princess in the Garden", but it had to be before I arrived on Friday...?!

Ralph
Mistakes are just decoration ;)
For technical Support (forum): Look here
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Ralph, you had just left...did you go to the Apple store?

So today is my last day with the German. Tomorrow I have to get on a plane excessively early and go home. I'm going to miss everyone here and cry a lot on my way home. I miss my babies and my bed though, my dogs and macho man too. I gained friends and a new family that I'll miss a lot. I learned some new whip moves and some teaching skills this week, saved a worm, explored Germany, drank a towering beer, nursed blisters, laughed and laughed and hugged and hugged. It was hard work to get here, but worth every penny. I love you guys. I'm going to miss you very very much.
~Management
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Safe journey Jessie. I really wish the glitter fairy story had been true!
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

It's been such a wonderful time !!!
Thank you Robby and Claudia you have been wonderful hosts and thank you Jessie, Robert, Stefan, Ralph and Mario - spending time with you has been so much fun !!!

I'm overwhelmed by Robby's positive feedback on my work - this means a lot to me !!!

@ Rachel McCollough:
@ David Cross:

Thank you very much for your compliments :) !!!

The "princess in the garden" lesson sounds very interesting and it seems to have been very effective :) !!!

All the best
Ben
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

I probably won't get time to post my Big Post about the weekend until after lunch (and I still have to go and buy food for lunch!), but I need to say at once: both Robby and Jessie are utterly irrepressible! It's quite often rather hard to know how serious (or otherwise) they are. Sometimes they're very serious and utterly phantasmagorical at at same time! It's very enlivening - and often enlightening, too! :)
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

And again... Thank you, Robert. You are very kind. Ben - trust me - if I wouldn't have liked it you would have known. For sure. It doesn't help anybody when I say sweet things. And they are plain lies. On the other hand I see no reason to be rude. So I always try to find a middle. On both sides of good or bad.

The WB practicing was a huge success. For me too. Let me explain... I planned the lessons about four weeks before we met. I informed myself where the different students are strong or have problems. So I figured out what to do to help the beginners, but give a little challenge to the emore experienced ones. And the best thing was, that the students became teachers. And I became a student, again. Every time you explain something to a student, he becames the teacher. Because when he asks you something you have to explain. When thebstudent does not understand you have to think about another way to explain. And so on. That way the student forces the teacher to think even more about this technique/routine than before. And so the teacher becomes the student. And the student - who gives the teacher the opportunity to learn even more! - becomes the teacher.

So when someone is a good teacher, the roles always change. And in the end - you have two students. And two teachers. Both at the same time. That may sound now like some strange tourist chinese philosophy thing/nonsense. But if you wrap your mind around it, you'll see that it is not philosophy and no romantic Zen thinking. It is what a good student/teacher relation should be.

In my personal opinion, of course. Sometimes I wonder which people are teaching - whip cracking or math... - but it is not on me to judge them.

But it's on me to thank those people who allowed me to teach them. Because they made me a better teacher.

Robby
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Robby, I know exactly what you are saying.
My niece who is a teacher use this method to teach.
She will give the basics of the subject then pairs up the class so that they can teach/learn each other.
It ends up with all learning and teaching and most importantly of all retaining what the lesson was all about in the first place.
It works and works very well.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, you are 100% right about teaching and learning!
'Less is often more!'
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

Robby,

When I first started my job at Papa John's Pizza, in my old town, I met one of my longest and best friends. He was a good teacher, too. I eventually learned the procedures and such, even as they were being changed and streamlined. One day, he said something that completely threw me:

"Ok, so how do I do this?"

Well, naturally, I looked at him like he had seven heads. What do you mean, "how do I do this"? Aren't you the lead prep cook? Aren't you training me?

"It's my first day. I've never done this before. Show me how."

He made me take him through the steps as if I was training a new employee. So...when you talk about becoming the teacher, I definitely get that. Having to show him every step forced me to remember things exactly. If I got something wrong, I would have to correct it.

That man was the best person I ever worked for, because he cared more about getting it done right than getting it done quickly, and he cared more about building skill than he did about red tape and pointless redundancy. Together, we streamlined the prep process from 3 people, 6 hours, 3 times a week, down to 2 people, 4 hours, 3 times a week.

He would always say: "If you see me do it wrong, tell me. Double-checking work is not an insult. It's a guarantee of good work. And, if you find a better way to do something, tell me. If it works better than how I do it, I'll change."

Try finding that in any other person.

Return to “WB Meet & Greet 2016”