Some of my whips

Le'me see... Whips, whips and - whips!
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Outstanding work, Ben!!!!! You've really done a fine job on these whips, excellent top notch work, very clean! Be really proud :)
Inch by inch.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Thank you very much Brandon, Matt, Fritz and Rachel :) !!!

Rachel, I've just taken a break from making loadad falls using the tipps that you've givien me for stiching and they work very well - Thank you so much :) !!!

All the best
Ben
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

Beautiful whips, Ben. Your fall hitches are so clean.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Ben you're very welcome :) I'm happy if I can help!
Inch by inch.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Ben, those are fantastic. I'm a great fan of 6.5 foot whips - a really good length, at least for me. And while I don't generally go for bright colours, i think that snake is stunning! :)
'Less is often more!'
Morten Aalykke Pedersen

Post by Morten Aalykke Pedersen »

Have to say they look very nice, clean and wellmade
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Good work, Ben. Good work. I like the fact, that everything on your whips looks so "clean" and straight. Nothing to hide. When you come to visit me, bring them with you, please. I'd love to try those. And...perhaps you can bring some more crackers...? :)

Thank you,
Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Woah Mr. Varsek, I'm no expert whipmaker, but your work looks really good!
I'm impressed mate. Thank you for sharing pictures of your whips.

All the best for future endeavours!
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Ben's whips are really good. I got to see one in person. :)
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Nice :)
Grant Weaver

Post by Grant Weaver »

Ben, I had no idea how clean your work was. That's amazing. I'm suddenly very jealous of that start, what kind of is that a crown or square or what? Absolutely beautiful, my friend.
Gary Bunker

Post by Gary Bunker »

Gorgeous work, Ben. Really love the colors on that snake whip.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Thank you very much Jesse, I make all of my fall hitches following the method described in the Ron Edwards book and it helped me a lot to learn how to make them!!!

Rachel, the falls are done and once again your detailed advise has been incredibly helpful for me - thank you so much :) !!!

Robert, thank you very much !!!
My wife had been very sceptical when I told her about the combination of colors which I had in mind on this snakewhip (she is usualy in charage when it comes to choosing colors) but she changed her mind after she saw the finished whip.
I also prefer a 6,5 foot length over a 6 foot lenght for my practice :) (its amazing that such a small difference in length is having such a big influence on the performance).

Thank you very much Morten !!!

Thank you very much Robby :) !!!
I promise to bring both whips with me and of course new crackers as well. The crackers are already made since Tanja and I where thinking that you might be running short on them :) !!!

Thank you very much Mr. Jones and please call me Ben (I prefer a non formal adressing) :) !!!

Thank you very much Jessie :) - and I must say the same about your work (I've tryed one of Jessie's whips on the meet&greet and I was amazed how good it performed) !!!

Thank you very much Grant !!!
It's a slighly modified square start: first I did a normal square start, pulled the strings tight and then opened up the plating again to a certain point. Then I started palting in the double herringbone pattern. The reason for this is that I didn't want the checkeborad pattern to be seen on the handle which would have been the case if I did a "normal square start" combined with the size of the knot foundation which I had in mind for this whip.

Thank you very much Gary !!!

All the best
Ben
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

Ben, I just got that book, so I'm hoping it'll help me in the same way. Mine are highly functional, just not very pretty.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Sure thing Ben :)
Please feel free to do the same also, that is unless you like calling me Mr. Jones :)
Grant Weaver

Post by Grant Weaver »

All that's very clever Ben. Beautiful and ingenious. Just, wow. :)
Johnny Pell

Post by Johnny Pell »

Ben I posted on this thread yesterday but, I do not see it here today so I will again. The reason that I noticed that my post wasn't here is because I was so impressed with your whips that I have been back to this thread three times since yesterday to show my wife and both my sons how amazing your whips are. Your work is so unbelievably clean and precise it all looks virtually flawless. Bravo!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Johnny Pell wrote:Your work is so unbelievably clean and precise it all looks virtually flawless. Bravo!
I concur 100%. :)
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

Very, very clean work, Ben, I can only second the compliments given here!

I love the interweave work on the snake whip heel and I'm glad I was of inspiration! It does look like a tropical snake :O
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Jesse, I'm 100% sure that this book will help you the same way !!!

Thank's Russel :) !!!

Thank you Grant !!!

Johnny, thank you so much for you compliments :) !!!
I'm feeling very hounered that you've shown these pictures to your family - kind regards to your wife and to your sons !!!

Robert :)

Erik, your work has inspired me several times - thank you very much !!!
Tropical snakes can be dangerous but I'm sure that it won't "bite" me or "choke" me as long as I treat it right :)

All the best
Ben

Return to “Whips (+++ public thread +++)”