New whipmaker

Le'me see... Whips, whips and - whips!
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

@ Rachel McCollough:

The closeup pictures and the video of your sons work that you have posted make me even more speechless than I was before-Wow!!!

Thank you very much for sharing Madam!!!

@ Garret McCollough:

The quality of the whip that you have made is very very impressive and the fact that you have made such a good whip at the age of 12 blows my mind!!!
Very well done!!!

Greetings Ben
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

A big congratulations to Garret and Rachel, that is awesome. Garret says he wants to make a better one next time, which is a sign that he is now addicted. That whip looks and performs amazing for his first one, well done sir.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Wonderful! Congratulations Garret, a fantastic first whip. Looks like Rachel is building a whipping dynasty. What could be better than a new generation of whip builders. :D
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

From Garret, he says thank you very much- he has started taking some notes and has plans on the next build already. He is working on learning to make a good handle. Mama is going to need to set up another vise... :)
He said to be sure and tell that mama did help on the drops for one inch at each drop.

Thank y'all each very much for the encouragement and good advice that y'all have taken the time to give to a young fellow. He's a dedicated and hard worker. I appreciate it very much.
Inch by inch.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

...he has a very good Mamma. :)
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Rachel , he would make a great apprentice.
Of course an apprentice always does the crap jobs.... like rolling..... cleaning the work area.... etc. :)

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Rachel, Garret made an excellent job with his first whip, I like the color combination. ;)

And I like the western outfit from Garret at the pictures, he looks like the legendary John Wayne as U.S. Marshal Rooster Cogburn from the western movie "True Grit"
I'm a big John Wayne fan.

All the best
Mario
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Miss Bobbi, thank you :)

Ron you're right about apprenticeship!

Mario thank you, we are big John Wayne fans here, too! Garret likes Rooster Cogburn very much as well as John T. Chance from "Rio Bravo". Every year at Christmas they want new belts and badges :)
Inch by inch.
Grant Weaver

Post by Grant Weaver »

Very well done, he should be proud of his handiwork!

Return to “Whips (+++ public thread +++)”