This is the Gallery of Giovanni Celeste

This new Gallery replaces the former "Masters Gallery", which will work from now on as pure archive. Here you will find not only the work and art from folks who sell whips, but also from folks, who create their whips out of pure passion. And we have an additional gallery. It is called "The Gallery - Making of".
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Clever. Makes for nice highlights.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Giovanni, ever thought of putting that signature on the heel of your whips?
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Gio that is brilliantly done, the sky blue square placed just so. It is a very high class beautifully made bag! You have not only made a fine product, you have made it with your own signature! Move over, Prada.

And the whip? Another great piece of classic beauty.

Well Done, Gio!
Inch by inch.
Jonathen Bullwinkel

Post by Jonathen Bullwinkel »

Hi everyone!

So, I am the very proud and happy new owner of that exquisite 6 foot, 16 plait dark brown target whip that Giovanni posted pictures of the other day. Quite honestly, just as Gio said, the pictures do not do his art justice.

Giovanni's work is stellar.

I am absolutely over-satisfied with the whip that he made me. I specified not only the specs for the whip, but I even conveyed exactly what I wanted the whip to be able to do, and Giovanni delivered. The whip has extremely fast action and is able to do nice quick compound cracks, and I haven't even been able to fully break it in yet! It's very responsive. Since my first whip was a 10 foot Joe Strain (I know now that a 10 footer is NOT the way to go for a beginner), once I became versed in using it I found that I was limited in my ability to do some of the faster compound cracks. I pull Giovanni's work out of the packaging, however, and I'm able to do the breakaway on the second try. I LOVE IT

The plaiting is tight, the whip is strong, and I asked Gio to design whatever he wanted into the handle. He produced the beautiful handle you see in the pictures, and I could not be happier with a unique piece of art he has produced.

For those who are looking for a nice unique piece, asking Gio to just go crazy and get creative is a good choice. Gio, thank you very, very much, and I am greatly looking forward to breaking this puppy in :)

Once I get some nice routines figured out, I will be posting online a video of what Gio's work is capable of. I hope I don't disappoint!!

Last fun fact - I had this whip delivered to my office because I didn't want to leave it lying around all day at my house for some ruffian to take. I promptly showed everyone in the office and they all had generally the same response: "this is beautiful." 'Nuff said.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Jonathen, first of all, I think I've mis-spelt your name in a previous post. Sorry!

Second, your endorsement of Gio's work is very compelling. I've been dreaming of a whip made by this master (and I don't use that term lightly) for several years. One day.... :)
'Less is often more!'
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Dear Jonathen and Robert
I'm so proud of your kind words... i'm turning red as beet!!
Your feedbacks are so important to me: they help me to do always my best
Thanks again
Gio
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Awesome Gio- that bag looks like a ton of work! How does that compare to making whips?
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Jonathen Bullwinkel

Post by Jonathen Bullwinkel »

Robert - no problem :) My first AND last names are spelled rather... interestingly. I like to joke that my father was so excited when I was born that he signed by birth certificate in a rush and misspelled the whole damn thing LOL!

Gio - you're an ace in my book, man
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Tyler Blake wrote:Awesome Gio- that bag looks like a ton of work! How does that compare to making whips?
Hi Tyler, first of all many thanks for your kind feedback, i'm very glad you apprecisate.
re. difference betwen the making of whip and the bag, as you may immagine there are some similar aspects such as cut, streching, resize of the strands etc...
The big difference is that these process will be done for a bigger number of strands. :-(
Another important process is to manage a lot number of strands when you plait the bag, but the real long and difficult process is prepare the strands for the back braiding and do it.
Anyway, it is a very satisfactory work that repays of all efforts.
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Jonathen Bullwinkel wrote:...Gio - you're an ace in my book, man
Glad and Proud of it Jonathen!!!
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Oh Gio, how beautiful. I hope to own a piece of yours someday. That bag is wonderful.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Ron May wrote:Giovanni, ever thought of putting that signature on the heel of your whips?
Sorry Ron, i've forgot to replay...yes this a cool idea, i can put my "color signature" just on a base of the heel knot.
Thank you
G
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Hi Jessie, thak so much i'm really glad you like it
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Can't fault good craftsmanship, nice work Gio.
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

fantastic work
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Thank you so much Fritz and Einar :-)
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

This is for You my dear Mate Bernie Wojcicki
It's my way to say you: THANK YOU
Bullwhip 8 1/2 ft 20 plait
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

A very fitting tribute, Gio! That is quite magnificent! :)
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

This is the best kind of "thank you" a man could wish for. If there's an afterlife, I bet Bernie is there surfing the 'net, looking at these photos, wearing a well deserved proud smile.

Gio, for me this is the most beautiful whip I've ever seen from you. And that's saying a lot. I've always liked how you can make a simple and elegant whip that still looks organic and alive, and this one has it all. Thank you for making this and sharing it with us, it's a great tribute for a great artist.

- Pokkis
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Gio, what a beautiful and meaningful tribute. Very fine and elegant work, I love the sky blue of your mark below the heel knot.
Very well done.
Inch by inch.

Return to “Makers and Masters (+++public thread+++)”