Robert Amper

This is all about the Whip Swap 2015!
Robby Amper

Robert Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

And here are a few impressions of how the Whip Basics DVDs were made :)

Introducing - "The Wip Masta" :)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Post by Guest »

Ah, ze Wip Masta. Be honest, have you at any point considered going out to town wearing that look?

- Pokkis
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

I really like this build thread!!!
And, the Wip Masta is very popular at my house. That part of the DVD is played a lot!!!!!
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

What...what do you mean - consider... This is my every day look.

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Of course. You should not dress any other way.
:D
Inch by inch.
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

You need a monocle. And minions...
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Robby's Minions - Now, what would they look like?
Taylor Jennings

Tyler or Jose know....
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Heh...whip Mastah...I have actually taken up saying the half-hearted "ta daaaaaa" around the house. It's kind of THE catch phrase.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Oh. And, every time I see that field, I kind of want to spin around in circles in it singing Sound of Music. On my bucket list.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

I think it's really cool that Robby has his own build thread in a whip section!
Inch by inch.

Post by Guest »

It is cool, and appropriate too. I think he's responsible for many whips being built in the first place.

- Pokkis
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Me too :) Like I said before - I'm happy if I manage to lace my shoes properly. I have the highest respect for those who are plaiting. Okay; not for all of them. It's funny, because I am asked sometimes, how I can judge the quality of a whip when I don't braid myself. I keep telling them that it is like in a restaurant. You don't have to be a chef yourself to judge is something tastes really good or not. I mean... You don't have to be a director and/or actor to see if a movie is well made. Not if you like it! That is a matter of personal preference and another story.

At least I can tell you that it a very strange feeling to wear closed monitor glasses which are connected to the camera on the crane and the camera goes up high in the air. Let me assure you: It does not feel like being Superman. I only became sick within the minute :)

Robby

Post by Guest »

Maybe a Shoe Basics video would help? ;)

I know what you mean. Every now and then if someone says "this sucks" about a movie, song or whatever, there's someone retorting with "well can you do better then?" And I hate that so damn much it makes my eyeballs boil. No, I'm not a better director than Ed Wood nor a better actor than Keanu Reeves, but I still reserve the right to say it out loud if something sucks.

If a whipmaker makes a whip, the person testing and judging it doesn't have to be a whipmaker. You know how there are people doing car reviews for magazines, TV and Internet? Well, there are. And no, if you give them all the tools and materials, they cannot make you a car.

- Pokkis
Donovan de Swardt

Post by Donovan de Swardt »

Rachel McCollough wrote:I think it's really cool that Robby has his own build thread in a whip section!
I second this. Very cool to see how the videos are made
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Hm glasses? neat! I though someone was up there on the boom ladder thing with a camera.

...I was thinking this should be Robby's art thread. Making movies is his art...
~Management
Taylor Jennings

I think NOT making them gives you a unique and fresh set of eyes and skills to be unbiased and honest in your reviews. I have no idea how to make films or videos but I can honestly say I am qualified to report how much I love your videos . same theory?
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I did it. My package is on its way to the new owner. I was under the impression, that the new owner could use some positive things in his life. So I asked Pokkis. He's boss in all that whip swap business, so I asked him first. And he gave me green light :) So a complete set of WB DVDs - Vol. I - IV + the two DVD set Vol. V is on the way to - I was about to write "it's proud new owner" - one of our members. If this will be a proud owner - we'll see. Shouldn't take too long, because it's on the way since the beginning of this week.

Who that is? I don't know for sure. The name is covered in mist, right now. But I see that we all will know more in about one and a half weeks or so. And - finally - I am the first one to finish the job. In fact it's the first time ever that I am the first to finish anything that is going on here. Usually I'm too late; but this time, ha! Now I hope that the recipient will be happy with this. Or at least okay. The good thing is, that he's one of the folks who accepted my DVDs as contribution to the Whip Swap 2015. So he can blame himself, now :D

Robby

Post by Guest »

Exciting times :)

Yeah, the original idea was to wait until some whips were delivered, just to keep up the excitement. But sometimes that's not the most important thing. We still have plenty of that.

Thanks again, Robby! I'm sure someone will be happy with your contribution.

- Pokkis

Post by Guest »

a-ha! HE you said...

That's quite the DVD -set. I'm sure HE will be a proud owner.

Return to “Whip Swap 2015 (+++public thread+++)”