Where are the whips...???

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Robby Amper

Where are the whips...???

Post by Robby Amper »

It's some time now, that the lottery happened. I know from two folks that they received their whips. What about the others??? I know that some whips were sent. But - strange enough - no reports of received ones. Here we go:

I'd like to ask those, who sent their donated whip, to post right here to whom and when they sent it. And due to the fact that you all should have tracking numbers, please check where your whip is right now. Or if it was delivered...

Thank you!
Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, the whip I won from Fritz is having a new handle fitted. It's not ready yet - and, because of the surgery on my hand, I've told him there's no great hurry. But he's been in touch about it twice, and in due course I'll get the whip - and report!

Robert Wurth has told me he's received the whip I send him.
'Less is often more!'
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

I only recently received Taylor's address for shipment. We are planning a trip to town tomorrow so I will ship it then. I have a confession to make though. I wasn't happy with the original so I tossed it in the garbage a couple days ago and started a new one. I finished the overlay last night and will wax it tonight.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Robert and Roy. Good to know what's going on.

But why did Robert Wurth not post anything? The deal was clear: You receive your whip - you post it. When did he tell you that he received it, Robert?

Robby
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, I had two messages from Robert Wurth on 22 July, saying the whip had arrived.
'Less is often more!'
Robert Wurth

Post by Robert Wurth »

Ack! I apologize for not chiming in. I wanted to get some cool photos of it to post and I just haven't had time to set up for it yet. I should have at least popped in with a message I received it, but got sidetracked.

Photos *are* coming, though. I just need to wait for a small break from weddings.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Sidetracked. As usual.

Okay - Jesse received a beautiful whip from Einar. Robert Wurth had a whip - obviously - from Robert Gage. We won't see pictures, anymore even if the wedding season should ever slow down... Fritz and Robert (from now on it will be only Robert and I mean Robert Gage, okay?) are in touch because of a change on the handles. Taylor received his great price directly from Roy. Jose' had a veeeery nice looking package from Roger :)

What happened to the whip, Tyler made?

And one more thing... Please - please - post the lottery whips right in here. Into the lottery category, okay? That way everyone will be able to find it month later. Or even years.

Thanks to you,
Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

From Pictures and Stories category, I'm not sure i know how to move the whole post, or that I can :)

The donation whip I won thanks to Miss Bobbi arrived from Mario:
How cool is this!

Thank you, Mario!!!!! Thank you, Miss Bobbi, and thank you Robby!
Now that just really made my day!
That is some beautiful fancy plaiting on the handle!
Thank you again!
Inch by inch.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Ohhhh how pretty! Rachel that's so awesome!
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Perfect, thank you! That was the reason why I wanted to have everything under one roof. But now... Perfect! :)
Thanks for putting it over here, Rachel.

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

No problem! Thank you for making it possible :)
Jess, it is a beauty isn't it ;)
Inch by inch.

Post by Guest »

Cordial congratulations Rachel. I wish you loads of fun with this very cool "naranja" whip ;-)

jose
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Thank you José :)
Inch by inch.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Sorry, I didn't see this until now- Robby, I replied to your e-mail too, but I just checked the tracking # and if I understand correctly it's waiting for Fritz this moment. It said it's cleared customs and is at the Post Office awaiting addressee notification. If anyone else had/has a hard time finding good shipping boxes, I'm listing a place under whipmaking materials.
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Hey all, yes I received a confirmation notice from the parcel depot. I'll go get it tomorrow after work It's like Christmas :)
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Robert Gage wrote:Robby, the whip I won from Fritz is having a new handle fitted. It's not ready yet - and, because of the surgery on my hand, I've told him there's no great hurry. But he's been in touch about it twice, and in due course I'll get the whip - and report!

Robert Wurth has told me he's received the whip I send him.
Robert, your wait is nearing it's end my friend. Thank you for your patience.
I had a few problems getting a handle made locally, and I really didn't want to finish the whip as a pipe whip.
Anyway, one disappointment after another, I decided to turn to our very own Roy Partin and I emailed him the details of length and dimensions of how I imagined the whip handle I would need.
I was expecting a response with options and how long it would take etc, ..... he replied that he'd shipped it the day before and it's on his way............

LEMONADE!!!

Thanks Roy, you saved the day and sent a masterpiece of a handle.

Anyway, ...long story short, I sanded the handle cup a little for some final adjustments and it's done.
Unfortunately, some branding on the handle is covered by the knots that fix the handle to the whip. Sorry about that, the only way round that would be to glue the whip into the handle.

So here's the whip Robert, I'll email you the tracking details as soon as I've sent it off.

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Fritzfactor/library/

and a mobile phone video, ....
https://youtu.be/IFsr7LsHKKU
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Beautiful, Fritz- Lemonade! Beautiful whip, and handle :)
Inch by inch.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Fritz, that's Fantastic! Thank you so much! I can hardly wait - and this was certainly worth waiting for. Huge thanks to Roy as well, for his magnificent woodwork. I am seriously chuffed! :) :) :)
'Less is often more!'
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Fritz, thanks so much for the pics and video. It all came together perfectly and that is a beautiful coral snake pattern my friend. Well done Fritz and hope you enjoy it Mr Robert.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Oh what a great handle! I love how this whole thing turned out for all of us!
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”