Big Time!

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

Roy, just box it up, address to me....im winning that one! Or not. We need to talk about layaway. :)

Im sorry to hear about Topher's bad luck. I get it. But...
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

There were reasons for his departure which had nothing to do with the lottery. If he had a defense for them, he should have let us know about it during that two months of complete radio silence.

I feel bad for the guy, too, but we have to accept that forum policy is universal.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Ya, I agree at the rules apply to everyone equally. I still feel bad though.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I feel bad, too. He emailed me. I didn't even bother to read it. I deleted it. I feel bad because of all these excuses. Isn't it amazing? All these tragic things happen (I suppose they are tragic - like I say, I did not read it) exactly at the right time. Gave your word? Messed everything up completely? Made a matched pair for Donald Hilsabeck and no time to post at WB for over two month? No problem. We all understand! I am totally angry, right now. Those people are the reason why I was called a liar, a conman, a thief, a prick, an asshole and more. Yes, I feel bad. Very bad, actually. That I accepted him at WB! He had more than two month to post. More than two month to post a fuckin' single word!!! What did he do? He posted at whip maker's hook. On Facebook. I can't stand that miserable cant anymore. I am so fed up, I can't tell you. To end this pathetic self-pity, poor Topher story once and for all...

A friend of mine, Karin, told me about four weeks ago that she will do me some digital graphics I need for my work by the middle of june. She was raped three weeks ago. Yesterday - yesterday! - morning her husband became the diagnosis that he suffers from skin cancer. He is 34 years old. And you know what? I told her that she should waste no thoughts on my graphics. She answered that she gave me a promise and she will do whatever it takes to keep that promise. Of course I will try to convince her that she doesn't need to do that. Yet alone that she wants to do it, shows me what she's made of. I'm so fucking angry that I better stop to type now.

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

Those were the "other factors" I referred to. If you have time to get on Facebook, you can spare 30 seconds to post here. And those other whips...weren't they made after he promised to donate one to the lottery?

Such a waste.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Robby, that is positively tragic for your friend. It is possible that she wants the project to keep her mind off all that has happened. I'll light a candle for her and send up a prayer.

David, I do believe that the Donald whips were made after the agreement for the lottery.

Post by Guest »

Great work, Roy! And thanks in the name of all dogs...

jose
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, I somehow missed your post #64 until now. Your friends are in my prayers.
'Less is often more!'
Robert Wurth

Post by Robert Wurth »

I think that's the key. To be active everywhere else, but total radio silence here.

So he says he emailed Robby and never got a response? Ok. Post here. Send a PM to Robby. Message another WB member on Facebook and ask them to get in touch with Robby. That's THREE other EASY ways of keeping in contact.

Saying that maybe Robby never received the email is just a passive aggressive attempt to deflect responsibility.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Robby, that is tragic, and proof positive of solid people- that they still exist. Praying for your friends.
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you Bobbi and Robert. I will pass it on to her.

Yes, the whips for that barter were made long after the agreement on the lottery.

Robert - you are absolutely right. There is more than one way to reach me. That "Robby never replied" is a cheap excuse. I even mailed his wife how everything is going!

Roy - I apologize to you. I was posting on that "Topher" guy thing, before I wrote bout the whip, you kindly donated. Please let me close that and then I will come directly to you. I simply was at the end of my tether. And I hope that makes sense...

Isn't it wonderful? All these excuses? As long as there is nothing special going on, people are able to do this, to do that, to make whips for a barter, do work on what ever is handy that moment - in other words: Everything is fine. But in a situation like this - you gave your word under attack of feeling very honest - every kind of problem is more than welcome. It is amazing what happens, isn't it? Health issues, personal problems and so on. But making whips for a barter, driving through the country to meet that person (Donald Hilsabeck) works just fine. No time to post at WB because of all the horrible things life has in stock for him.

But posting on Facebook works pretty fine.

When I made my first post on that matter I was more than angry and mad. In the meantime I calmed down and the world rotates within normal parameters again. So my apology goes to all of you, too. I don't like to become emotionally, but I couldn't stop it. So let's go over to Roy, now. Roy has severe health issues for a long time. His neck. Roy works full time (and more) on the ranch. Hard work. In the evening he is plaiting to fulfill his customers orders. And then he made a whip for the lottery, too! Even that he made clear that he is way to busy to do that this year. He helped. I am grossed by these folks who come up with their self-pity stories. I have nothing than disrespect for those people. I too don't like to see members to leave WB. But those people are no members to me. But let me assure you - we don't have to feel sorry neither for "Topher" nor for Donald, because they (both!) became whip making & cracking heroes at Facebook.

Roy. I thank you so much for your help. That is what I call character and style. You fulfilled a promise you never gave. You fulfilled the promise, others gave and broke. All those folks should be ashamed seeing what you did. All I can say now is, that the new owner of that whip will be a lucky guy! And our great winners are the doggies. The whole thing was called "Charity for Lucy". And I know that my little Lucy is somewhere in heaven, looking down on us and barking "Well done!"

And that is all I ever wanted.

Robby
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I can only second what was said of Topher- and I'm so sorry for your friends, Robby- I don't even have the words for that.
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

Robby Amper wrote:Roy has severe health issues for a long time. His neck. Roy works full time (and more) on the ranch. Hard work. In the evening he is plaiting to fulfill his customers orders. And then he made a whip for the lottery, too! Even that he made clear that he is way to busy to do that this year. He helped.

That is what I call character and style. You fulfilled a promise you never gave. You fulfilled the promise, others gave and broke. All those folks should be ashamed seeing what you did.
Robby
Seems to me that this is how you get into the Ring of Trust, not a random email basically demanding entry.

Sorry, that's off-topic, but I wanted to point that out.
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Robby don't you ever worry about 'sounding off' on here if you need to. You know we will all understand the need to vent a little passion and anger. :D
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

I'm just happy to help out whenever possible. I'm thankful that Robby has given us this chance to make a difference in this world no matter how small it may seem to others. Thank you all for the compliments
He died for me, I'll live for him
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

Roger is right. I'm sorry; I meant to say that earlier and got distracted.

Robby, I'm sure there isn't a single member here that hasn't had their time to talk about what's troubling us. You're not exempt from that ability either. I know you're not always going to be roses and rainbows, and that's okay.

I think a person that's never upset might be a sign of some kind of emotional disorder, honestly.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I read somewhere that's a way that police detectives will try and determine if someone's a sociopath or not- the normal person will admit that they get angry and even think bad thoughts about others. By all means, Robby- vent away, when you need to.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Okay, friends. Time to start something...

Some of you told me that they want me to give their tickets to the other members. There are two ways, now.

We could say that we write the names of the other donators onto these "blancs" in relation to how much tickets they bought themselves.

When we draw on of these "blancs" the donator of that whip will decide who shall have that whip.

You see - as wonderfully generous this is - as much difficulties it makes. So - if we do that lottery thing next year again - if - then there will be tickets with names on it and that's it. This "System" becomes more and more complicated. So please let me know what the donators think. And ONLY those who asked me to give their tickets to the others!

Roy, Mario, Devin and Roger. What would you like me to do?

And then is Bobbi. She told me that she wants to give the tickets to those who don't own a good whip. I tried to call her six times now, but the line is kinda broken. So this way :) Bobbi, please give me the names you want to be on your tickets!

Thanks to all of you and - don't forget - I have something very special in my hands behind my back :)

Robby
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Ahh yes...the surprise...this really is quite a long drumroll Robby!
Robert Wurth

Post by Robert Wurth »

Robby Amper wrote: I have something very special in my hands behind my back :)
How in the heck are you typing?!???? ;)

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”