Rescuing the situation

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Robert Gage
C Member

Rescuing the situation

Post by Robert Gage »

You'll have seen that the Auction has had to be cancelled: several members who promised whips have not produced them.

This project was all about helping a dog shelter. Some WB members have now offered to make a donation to this good cause.

If you want to join this group, please add your name to this thread. Robby can then tell us when and how to proceed.

Let's do what we can for the dogs, even if the fun of the auction is lost.
'Less is often more!'
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

I'm in! I'll willingly donate the cost of the tickets I was intending to buy and if I can, a little more.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

You won't see a candle in bright sunshine. But when it is totally dark - it will show you the way.

Thank you Robert. That is a great thing. Okay, here we go. We can do that. And let me tell you that I already received some money. Roy sent me - right after the collapse - 100.00 USD. Jessica sold some earrings and sent me 20.00 USD. Robert (Gage) offered to send me money. And Roger was the first at all who said that he will send the money he would have spent for the tickets. So - if you like - send me your donation. Send it to: Robby.Amper@me.com It will be converted into Euro (or even better! - you send your donation in Euro, which will avoid the fees for the curreny change!).

And all the folks who promised a donation, a whip, and did not post the pictures I was asking for... Please don't send any money. I simply don't want it. Thanks for your understanding.

Here's at least a positive thing. If it is okay for Roger, Tyler and Robert, we will have a lottery! We will draw tickets! Right at the Whip Basics meet and greet 2015! We will have a video and we will have money to give to the shelter!
I'm calling all of you to participate, now! Buy tickets! Send the money. I promise that every Cent will be - you know what I want to say... We will have "only" three whips for the lottery. And your chances to win one is astronomically low. But we will have the chance to gather some money at last. And I will be proud to post the donation receipt in the end right here in that thread!

What do you think?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

Im in. Although I am not smart enough to figure out how to send euros from here. Anyone able to explain to me like im a five year old. Lemonade, Robby.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

This sounds like some lemonade to me Robby. Mr Robert, I will throw in with you. I will take an order for say an 8ft 16 pl cow whip.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, thank you very much for this response. I'm certainly OK with a 'mini' auction at the July Meet & Greet.

Taylor, do you have a PayPal account? If so, I can guide you through the process....
'Less is often more!'
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Done. Robby check your account please.

My Black and Fireball 6' Bullwhip is definitely stilll available as a prize!
Stefan Oberenzer

Post by Stefan Oberenzer »

Of course I will donate too. Even if there would be no lottery. As I said before, I think it is great that this community stands up for animals. It is a charity campaign and not just a whip lottery. Of course it is sad that some people let Robby and the WB down but even as a very fresh member I will do something to help animals and not just in the hope, that i will win. Im in :)
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

Sadly I do not Mr Robert, but I need to set one up. Good reason to finally do it . I will get it set up and contact you. Thank You.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That's fantastic, folks! You made my day :) And I am proud to announce that we already have 125,13 Euro (Euro - not USD!) in the pot. Stefan - thanks to you. It is a great gesture and a good signal.

Just mind that we will have a deadline, then. The WB meet and greet starts at friday the 10th of july. So that day will be the deadline. The drawing will be on saturday the 11th. You can send in a donation all friday long. But please no more on saturday, because we have to print the names for the drawing in the evening and cut them out. Thank you!

Taylor - if you'd like to send some leashes, I think they would be more than happy! When you're ready to do that, I will post their address and you could send them right to the shelter! No need to include me in that process. It would be just you giving to them. I love that idea!

And Roy - please...What do you mean with "you throw in with Robert"?

I close it for today. I thank all of you so much. Like I said - we will have our mini lottery. I know that it's from now on not anymore for the prices to win. It is for the doggies. But when we have some whips to give away as prices - why not? :)

Thanks to you again. And a good night.
I'm gone for today.

Robby
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Absolutely, I still want my whip used to help the dogs! Is this mini lottery going to be open to the public?
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Sorry Robby, it means I want to join in and help. I highly doubt I can have a whip ready so whomever draws my name I will make a whip for them. If that's ok with everybody, if not let me know
He died for me, I'll live for him
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

That sounds fine to me Roy!
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Ok, Robby I sent you my donation 50,- Euro. ;)

With best wishes from our little angels

Yule

and

Danny

Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

WOO! See? No need to fret. Now, I am gonna sit right down on a big pile of pillows and meditate on how I'm gonna win that fire whip. *grin*

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby Amper wrote: And Roy - please...What do you mean with "you throw in with Robert"?
Robby, I think this expression comes from playing poker - but I may be quite wrong! I seem to remember it from Western films.

Roy, I think your offer is very generous!

Mario, thank you for passing on the good wishes of Yule and Danny - but do they really understand what a dog shelter means? :)

Jessica, your Meditating Dog is truly classic!

Roger, your black and fireball whip will give the mini-auction a special 'zing'!
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Tyler - I think we should keep that internal. Simply because I posted that we have 9 prices, and suddenly we would be down to four (incl. Roy's offer). And that would look very, very strange and suspicious. At least to me. And I think, that a lot of people would see it the same way. Anyway - I am happy that I can put your whip into!

Roy - thank you so much for your kind offer! That makes everything even more interesting and attractive! Again - thank you!

Mario - thanks for the donation. And the pictures :)

And here's one amazing news... Over night more folks sent their donations. Namely:

Roy
Roger
Jessica
Robert (Gage)
Keanu
Mario
Ralph

Don't forget: Roger and Roy did not only buy tickets - they both are donating a whip, too!

And at the moment we have exactly 418,06 Euro! Yesterday I thought we have nothing. And today this. It is wonderful to see how that desaster is turning into a good thing. If there is someone who wants to donate... Now we have four whips in the pool! And with a little luck we can reach the 500.00 Euro mark. Don't you think?

Robby
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, as well as the donation I sent last night, and the whip I've promised, would you be able to use another whip to auction? Would that help to raise a bit more money? I can understand why you didn't want a second whip from me to make up the number 9; but, as this will now be a separate, 'internal' auction, would that help?
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That is very kind of you, Robert. Thank you! But... There are other members, here, who could donate a whip from their collection, or anything else. I do not say that anyone should do that, okay?! All I say is, that it is enough for one person to donate something AND buys tickets! You sent a very generous donation. And you donated a whip. That is definitely enough. But - still - thank you, Robert.

And to give you an update... Noch Rachel sent a donation, too! The lottery pot with the tickets is filling up, right now :)

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Robby, I sent a small contribution for tickets in my sons' names. Anything past that to help cover fees/donate.

How I feel about all this, this little guy says it better than I can:
Inch by inch.

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”