Rescuing the situation

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Awesome news Robby! Way to step up everybody. That sounds like lemonade to me
He died for me, I'll live for him
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Fantastic news Robby, fantastic news for our little friends. :D :D

Best wishes,
Mario
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

500 Euro is what you were hoping for with the original drawing? HA! How awesome is that?
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, this is fantastic news! Of course it's about the dogs, but - even more - I think it's a real mark of the respect and commitment we all have to you! Thank you for being the focus of this splendid project! :)
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

Very good, accurate indeed and very well written Robert, I couldn't agree more. And it is also a great success for our Community.

Jose
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

It is a great thing and I am honored that so much people are helping. And it great from Tyler, from Roger, from Robert, from Mario and Roy to still donate their whips as lottery price. Probably the best on all this is, that the folks, who donated - bought tickets! - did that without knowing if there would be any price at all. I appreciate it! And it is fantastic that we already have that much money together. I said that I will keep my promise to the dog shelter. And now it became so much easier :)

Robert, you wrote: "I think it's a real mark of the respect and commitment we all have to you!" That's a good thought and would love to see it your way. But there's a little thing. In the end it will be around just a third of all WB members who joined that Enterprise. Who donated and/or bought tickets. I know from one or two folks that they're about to donate, but that that isn't even half of the folks. Optimism is a good thing. But being realistic is...realistic. I already posted that I don't accept donations from those who broke their promises. Therefore I will send back the money, Pokkis sent me yesterday. I will replace it out of my own bag. So nothing is lost. Call me conservative, but Pokkis' principles forced him to leave the forum last year. It was based on false informations, sure, but he left. And was welcomed with open arms, again. On these things I have my principles. I won't kick out anyone of the forum - I am not a yelling maniac. But I said that I don't want donations from those who promised and "failed". And I did not change my mind.

Now to something different... The lottery.

All those who donated, bought tickets. And those who donated a whip and donated money... Bought tickets :)
That means that there is a chance that someone who donated a whip, will win a whip, another one donated. And that's cool.
Simply because they donated/bought tickets. Only one thing; and I hope everyone agrees on that. If one already won a whip, and his name is drawn again, we ignore the name and pull out another ticket out of the hat. In other words: If one has won a whip, his remaining tickets in the hat are "gone". I know that there was another idea, but then I thought we will have nine whips and an public lottery. Now we have a whole lot of tickets and "only" five whips. So there would be a high, a very high chance for those who bought more tickets - and yes, we have folks who bought 10 tickets and some who bought 20 - to win two or even three whips. To make sure that those who bought not so many tickets have a fair chance, too. Please tell me what you think and if this okay for you.

On top - I already posted that, but to make it unmisunderstandable - I will donate, but my name will not be in the lottery. It would look "interesting" if the one who initiated all that and runs the WB forum, wins a whip. Even if that would happen during an honest and fair drawing, it would have an unpleasant smell. And there would be people who'd love to spread that. I want to keep the whole thing as open and fair as any possible. Perhaps we can try the whole "official" lottery thing again next year. At the moment I think not. But time will tell.

We'll have Mario and his girlfriend Sandra, José, Stefan, Andreas (he runs the Indy section), Ralph and his girlfriend and me. One will have to film the whole thing - we'll record the whole thing without editing, so everything will be documented 1:1 on cam. And then you can see the whole thing on Youtube. But please allow me to post it on Youtube at sunday in the evening, because I don't want to be the only person at the WB meet & greet who's sitting in front of the computer.

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, you're absolutely right: no one should win more than one prize, however many winning tickets are drawn. So - the first winning ticket gets a prize. After that - no.

And you're absolutely right about the filming, too: please don't spend all your time in front of the computer! :)
'Less is often more!'
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby Amper wrote: Robert, you wrote: "I think it's a real mark of the respect and commitment we all have to you!" That's a good thought and would love to see it your way. But there's a little thing. In the end it will be around just a third of all WB members who joined that Enterprise. Who donated and/or bought tickets. I know from one or two folks that they're about to donate, but that that isn't even half of the folks. Optimism is a good thing. But being realistic is...realistic.
OK, Robby - '...the respect many of us have to you.' Is that more realistic?
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

So I guess this answers my question in the other thread, and my whip donation is no longer wanted?

Robby, just for the record, I understand how this whole situation doesn't make you happy at all, but I still don't understand what I did exactly. I'm not asking this for the sake of starting an argument or a fight, but because I'm genuinely confused.

- Pokkis
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Pokkis, it's not really my place to answer for Robby, but I think the problem is this: You promised a whip for the auction; we were all reminded of the date tickets sales would kick off (last Saturday); but you didn't post anything - not even a 'holding' message. You've now said your whip is 'ready to go', but there was no photo to show the ticket-buying public that it existed, or what it was like. (Remember, it was clear from the beginning that this auction would be open to the public, not just WB members.)

You're not the only one who failed to deliver: we've heard nothing at all from Topher or Jared, for example. But surely you can see why Robby feels let down. Without the nine advertised whips to show the world, he simply couldn't proceed with the auction. He would have sold tickets under false pretences, and laid himself open to charges of dishonesty, or even fraud. Cancelling the auction meant that Robby 'lost face' big time - but he had no alternative. It's hardly surprising he feels angry.
'Less is often more!'
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Mr Robert is correct. It was awful enough for Robby to have to cancel the event at the last second. If he would have taken people's money it would have been devastating for him and for us. Its the exact kind of fuel that his enemies are searching for. Tyler also publicly promoted this event big time. He would have been labeled a fraud as well. Now they both have to explain to many people that the proof of these whips were never delivered and promises were broken. Robby is taking all the blame when in fact its none of his fault.
He died for me, I'll live for him

Post by Guest »

I understand very well how Robby is taking this, and I feel for him. And yes, I failed to post a photo on the thread, but it's not like I woke up one morning and just decided to be a bad guy and ruin the whole thing for everyone. It wasn't even clear to me that the photos were mandatory.

And now, even after I already said that I have the whip, I hear how I've "broken my promise" and "failed to deliver". Even my money is not good enough for the charity itself. Can anyone understand how this makes me feel?

- Pokkis
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

About the drawing of the tickets, Robby, I agree that's the best and most clear way to do so!
Inch by inch.

Post by Guest »

Hello Pokkis, I understand your point of view and how you feel very well, but, and let me say at this point, that this topic is not the right place to clarify the facts of the matter.

What this is about is help from encouraging people to give a voice to dogs in need.

This is precisely why I went Yesterday afternoon to an archaeology event called “Places of the archaeology and contemporary uses”, organized by ARGE Archäologie. And according to the motto “Let’s save a few lives” I was able to sell three paintings during this event, and I would like to donate the revenue from the sale to the Lotterie.

I am really exceptionally proud to contributed with the sale to this dog helping project.

Jose
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Three very fun paintings, Jose! And thanks so much for donating the proceeds to our four-legged friends! :)
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I loved the Micky Mouse... ;)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Great artwork, I love to see the drawings and paintings you post. And donating the proceeds? Very nice, real class, Jose!
Inch by inch.

Post by Guest »

Many thanks to all of you! And yes the Mickey Mouse is perfect in this case, because it hits the nail on the head.

Jose

Post by Guest »

José Godoy wrote:Hello Pokkis, I understand your point of view and how you feel very well, but, and let me say at this point, that this topic is not the right place to clarify the facts of the matter.

What this is about is help from encouraging people to give a voice to dogs in need.
Thank you for saying that, José. And I guess you're right, maybe this is not the best place for the discussion. It's just that I was publicly called a liar on this very thread so replying to it came naturally. I'll drop the subject now.

That's some cool artwork you got there, I especially like the last one :)

- Pokkis
Robert Wurth

Post by Robert Wurth »

I got so swamped with wedding stuff this weekend that I completely missed all of this going on.

Is the ticket purchasing still open? I plan to send in a donation regardless.

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”