The Lottery Prizes 2015!

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

And here is the video for my whip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux46o5IB0Xk
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Tyler, that whip flows very beautifully - and of course the handle design is great! But it looks like it performs in a really satisfying way. :)
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

Hi Tyler, Thanks for the video... great whip and presentation with the motto "Curtain up for great cinema". :-)
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That's a great presentation of a beautiful whip for a wonderful cause Tyler. I see more pups smiling
He died for me, I'll live for him
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

I managed to post a pictured of my completed whip in the wrong thread! But here it is in the right place now!

I present a 6 foot Bullwhip with steel bar handle, a twisted taper core with 2 bellies, both bound with sinew, and a 14-plait overlay in Black and Fireball down to a 4-pt tip with a standard fall hitch, black fall and popper. The heel knot foundation is silicon self-seal tape covered with a 4B5L tripled Turks Head and a fancy TH transition knot.
She's not waxed I'm afraid as I don't yet have the facilities but rolls out well. She does need further breaking in though.

Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Gentlemen! That's really cool Roger! It looks like the whip is molten inside and there's black covering parts outside!
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Tyler, very nice video presentation for a work of art- isn't a whip like that poetry in motion.

Roger, beautifully done! It definitely looks like it burns from within.
Two paws up to the both of y'all.
Inch by inch.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Roger, as I said in that other thread, absolutely splendid! :)
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Great work, Roger! Thanks for the picture! Now I hope that the other whip makers will chime in and post pictures of the whips they are going to donate!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Sir Roger Tuson

Thanks guys. The colours came out better than I was expecting. Very pleased!

Post by Guest »

Fantastic and Amazing work Roger!
Jose
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thank you Rachel! Does any one else have pictures available of the whips they made for the auction yet? Tickets go on sale tomorrow!
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Tyler is right. I wanted to start the ticket sales tomorrow. But - there is a little problem. The whips. I know from Einar, that he has everything ready to ship. But I don't have a picture. Anyway. Here are the names - again - of the folks who agreed to donate a whip:

Einar Stephenson
Chris Holtz
Devin Bauer

Roger Tuson (done)
Tyler Blake (done)

Robert Gage (done)

Jared Routon
Antti "Pokkis" Mäkinen
Guy Washburn

"Dear Whip makers who are going to donate a whip for this lottery - please post your pictures right in here. That way everybody can see what we have to offer. But - again - even those who don't win a whip - you are serving a good, a very good cause!"
I posted that at 17th of june. 10 days ago. That we'll have the drawing of the tickets was known to everyone for a long, long time. So...where are you? Einar - please post a pic of your whip. All the others - please do the same!

Devin, Pokkis, Guy, Jared, Topher... We already missed the chance to promote the whole thing with pictures. Tyler was the only one who mentioned the whole thing on his website. No one else did. Why?

To be honest, I doubt that all the folks who are on that list will deliver. I hope and pray that I am wrong. I would be more than happy to be wrong. But as long as we don't know that all the promised whips are in the pot, we can't start the lottery. Simply because if there is even one (1) single person who buys a ticket because it was told that there will be nine (9) to win, and in the end there are "only" four whips to win, he would be entitled to call the whole thing a fraud.

He would be right. And the other thing is the legal side. I can't accept payments for a lottery when it is not a 100% clear what the lottery prices are! Even here in Germany - where it is not as easy to drag someone to court as it is in the states - every judge would decide against me. And believe me - being accused of lottery fraud is no fun. Even in Germany. And since I run all this...guess who would have to face court. For sure no one who forgot that he gave a promise. That would be - me. Precisely.

So - please...! - post the pictures of the whips you promised to donate until tomorrow! If we don't have all those whips, I won't start the whole thing. I can't start the whole thing! It is embarassing enough that there are only pictures of three whips, until now. But it would be devastating for the image of WB - for my image and reputation - if we end with less whips than were promised for nearly a year as prices for the lottery.

I think that all of you are men of your word. So I am pretty sure that I can expect to see all the donated whips by tomorrow.

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

In Europe it is now 12.30pm / 11.30am. I received the first emails from folks who wanted to buy tickets. And asked about the prices. I was surprised how much emails came in. All I could tell them was, that given promises were broken. Actually - most of them followed this thread and already knew what is going on. Most of them were understanding, some called me a liar (but only three or four) and that it was planned that way and some did not respond. And you know what is really funny on all that? Not a single one said even a word about the folks who did not keep their word. They all blame "Robby Amper" and a few blamed me and "Whip Basics" in general.

The whole "Let's safe a few lifes" thread is closed for the public, now. The idea is dead. I made a promise to the dog shelter that they will receive some serious money in july. And I will keep my promise. I don't know how, but I will sell something, accept a few jobs on top, but I will send them the money I promised them. Because to me a promise is a question of honor and integrity. You can take away everything from a person. But not his honor, his good name and his integrity. That can only be destroyed by people themselves.

Talking about integrity and honor.

Thank you, Roger. Thank you, Tyler. Thank you, Robert. You kept your word. And there is more. Robert Gage and Rachel contacted me last night and offered their help. I think, they don't want me to tell that, but they deserve the recognition. Robert offered me to donate one more whip from his collection to fill the gap, and Rachel offered me to make a whip until 30th of june. I declined both. It is not on Robert to jump in to fulfill promises, others have made. And it is not on Rachel to fulfill promises, other folks broke.

What happened here is a confession of failure. Not more, not less. And just in case someone would dare now to post something like "I was so busy, my life was miserable, I had health problems, the martians were landing in my yard etc." There were SEVEN MONTH of time. Seven month to recognize that it won't work. Seven month to drop me a mail to say "Sorry, I can't do it". But to wait until the day where the ticket sale was supposed to start and saying nothing...? Well, "Topher" and Jared wrote me emails in which they told me that they will be ready in time. Thanks for that, by the way. Here we are. The whole thing told me in a very clear language that I know folks who are honorable and stand by their word. I've learned, that there are silent heroes, who offered their help without making a big show. That's it.

And if anyone should be interested - these are the pictures, I wanted to use for the end credits of the video of the ticket drawing. I don't need them anymore...

Robby
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, I will be in touch about helping you make a financial contribution to the dog shelter.

What I think we can all learn from this is the way all our lives impact on each other. None of us lives in a vacuum.
'Less is often more!'
Sir Roger Tuson

This is a sad day for WB :(

Nothing more to really say.
Sir Roger Tuson

And I will still 'buy' the tickets I was intending to buy, Robby. Please pass it on to the shelter.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Roger. And if anyone is going to do the same, I will pass on every single cent to the shelter. And - you are right - this is a sad day for WB. There will be consequences. There must be consequences. I just don't want to make decisions right now. Because if I would decide now, I probably would shut down all and everything. And that would be unfair to all those who did not break their promise. We'll see. I apologize to you, to Tyler and to Robert. Mostly to you and Tyler, because both of you worked hard to make these whips. You created wonderful things to support a noble cause. And now it is on me, Rog... I really don't know what to say, now.

Robby
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

This is complete bullshit people. Its a disgrace to Robby, the poor animals, and to us. Honor and integrity were thrown out the window today. Its time for Robby to save face anyway that he sees fit. For him to take the blame on this big failure for other people's neglect is completely absurd. I am deeply saddened. A big thanks to Tyler, Mr Robert, and Roger for being men of their word.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Roger Tuson wrote:And I will still 'buy' the tickets I was intending to buy, Robby. Please pass it on to the shelter.
That's quite a good idea, Roger. Perhaps others will take this up....
'Less is often more!'

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”