The Lottery Prizes 2015!

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

I am sorry I have failed to produce the whip in time for the raffle, but I would still like to contribute some money for the shelter if I may.
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Yes, this is really a sad day, but I will still give some money for our little friends, they need our help.

Mario
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Hang in there, Robby.
Inch by inch.
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

I will also be purchasing the "tickets" i had planned on. Just will need to know how to do so. Will there still be a Paypal setup? I'm sorry things fell apart. But, hopefully, we can all still help impact the little friends' lives in a positive way.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

With all due respect. Did you even realize what happened here? You - and the others too, to be fair - had SEVEN MONTH. SEVEN!
Do you really think, that to post now:

Devin Bauer wrote:I am sorry I have failed to produce the whip in time for the raffle, but I would still like to contribute some money for the shelter if I may.

changes anything? Helps to safe my reputation? The reputation of the forum? What you (again - and the others, too) did, killed the whole shelter donation campaign. No one forced anyone to say: "Count me in!" No one did! And now all you have to say is that you are sorry that you failed to produce the whip in time? This is not only about a broken promise, you gave. It is about damaging the image of WB in total. Of Whip Basics and it's members. But for the third time now - you were not the only one. I don't know if that helps.

You are a great whip maker. I was about to produce a WB short on your new handle design. And I more than admire your craftsmanship, your art! Now it is on me to be sorry, but with this I lost all my confidence in you. And the others...

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That's a noble gesture Taylor. Lets do what we can for the main reason of this whole idea, help to feed the critters. Maybe we can still make lemonade out of this big lemon, even if its just raffling off the 3 whips that are present to WB members only.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I haven't been here for very long, but...WTF? I'm pissed for Robby right now. 7 months? I have a really drama filled sucky life, but come on. Procrastination and natural disasters are 2 different things. It's possible to keep a promise from a hospital bed. I got my medical transcription certification from a hospital bed and I made 2 glow whips in 2 days despite the fact that I was co founding the Fest and building games and setting up for the weekend with kids hanging on my skirts. I'm not tooting horns, I'm just saying, unless your arms are shot off, if you say you are doing something, you do it, even if its from the hospital bed, in the waiting room of therapy, in place of story time before bed, while you are in front of the TV, at the same time as you are telling stories to the kids. You do it. You make time. To say you don't have time is bullshit. Did you sit in front of the TV at all? Of course you did. I'm sorry this happened Robby. Don't let it stop you next year. After the ass chewing everyone got, I'm sure next year will be completely different and successful. I sold some jewelry this weekend. It's not a lot, but if you still want money to donate, I would like to help you as well. You will still have something to give to the shelter.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

How do we go from everyone saying they were either ready or on the brink just a month or so ago to this? Does everyone remember that little thing a while back where the entire forum got taken down by a hacker who hates us as a group or Robby for his videos? This is wonderful ammunition, for them. When Robby asked if everyone was ready, THAT would have been a good time to speak up about unforeseen schedule problems. I don't even know if we could hold a future event and have it taken seriously, now... how do we come back from this? That's not a rhetorical question...
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That's also a noble gesture Jessica. If you use PayPal then send the money to
contact@whip-basics.com
Then Robby will forward the money to the animal shelter.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Thank you!
~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Jessica! Being political correct and polite is one thing. Telling the truth is another one. I know that Devin's Grandfather died. But that has nothing to do with this. his Granddad died two days ago. 12 days ago I asked all the "donators" to post pictures of their whips. Over all it was seven month of time. Not only for Devin. For everyone who said he will donate a whip.

Perhaps I am repeating myself, now. But where are the pictures from Guy, from Einar, from Pokkis, from Jared and from "Topher"...? That means that six out of nine folks did not what they promised to do. I am sure- no. I am convinced! - that there are excuses. And I expect some folks to send me emails with "I am sorry and I am not worthy to be part of WB anymore". And I am convinced that there will be messages to me (or right into the forum) that will say that the respective person doesn't need neither the forum nor me and that I should go and fuck myself. You'll see...

And next year? Jessica, as much as I appreciate your post, do you really think that I want to repeat that desaster? Again folks, who promise the blue out of the sky and then forget about the time or simply vanish? I don't think so. There are whip makers who said that they are too busy to donate a whip. No problem. That was honest and it was clear. I said that there will be consequences. And I mean it. As angry as I am right at the moment, I would call my team and produce a video with the names of the people who offered donations for the dog shelter, what happened and release it on monday. Destroy the reputation of some folks. Right after the editing... But I won't do that. Because that is not me.

To be honest - I am angry, pissed and sad at the same time. I never - NEVER - expected members of WB to act like that. Perhaps I was arrogant to think that all of the members here are men of honor. Men of their word. I've learned my lesson.

Again, thank you Jesse for your straight and clear words!

Robby
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I understand not doing a lottery again. I'm certainly not getting hateful phone calls and letters to deal with. I wasn't thinking the situation through when I said that. Only trying to encourage and support. You need the sunflower story today. It applies.

~Management
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thanks for the sunflower, Jesse. And yes - the story applies completely.

And Tyler... Tyler is right. This is not a rhetorical question. Or a theory. Of course others will use that against us. Against me. I second every word from Tyler. There was a time to say "Sorry, I have a problem here. I won't be able to donate anything". But to say nothing, literally nothing. That is pathetic. And cheap. And yes - I get more angry every single minute.

Robby
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

While I am new here, and do not wish to pile on, I understand your anger Robby. Totally justified. Communication. Its a great thing. While I would love to own a whip, a professional one, and second Roys suggestion of an "in house" lottery, I owe Robby and WB a great deal and while its not a tonof cash, lottery or no, Ill donate wednesday. Im disappointed as both a new member, and potential winner. But bottom line, our little friends, and Robby's promise both need our help. Robby, I am sorry for the abuse in your near future. Its an honorable and noble thing youre doing. If I can help in any other way, please dont hesitate to tell me. Was thinking maybe send a few leashes? Much better with those than whips at this point. I realize its not much , but wish to contribute somehow. Breathe, my friend. We will figure something out. Lemonade SHALL prevail!
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

I hadn't been following this thread for a while, because I wasn't able to contribute and didn't think anything I had to say would be relevant because of that. But...after a PM I got today, I checked the thread again.

I promised to spend some money on the dog shelter campaign. That promise got broken because all of my money is gone. I mismanaged it and spent it all on tools. I'm going to have to live with that. I'm not exactly innocent either. However...

Seven months is a long time to make a whip. I don't want to be overly critical, especially when I'm just as wrong, but where I come from, you don't agree to do something unless you intend to do it.

And it's not just about failure to produce. Whip Basics has lost a bit of its lustre today. This is an organization. It's more than just the sum of its parts. For us to commit to something and then back out at the last second...that's not what professionals do.

I don't care whose fault it is. I'm just disappointed that this happened. This was going to be such a wonderful thing, and would have helped so many innocent lives. Now it all looks like apathy and disinterest.
Lasse Carenvall

Post by Lasse Carenvall »

To put it very short, I can understand Robby´s reaction right now.

Like David, I have not followed this thread very close, in part since I knew I would not be able to contribute, and in part because I was uncertain how many (if any) tickets I could afford.

Now, I am surprised. As Robby points out, 7 months is plenty of time. Even I, who am a notoriously (often even embarrassingly so) slow worker should be able to finish in that time.

On the other hand I am (especially after this spring…) painfully aware that things can happen that turn everything upside down and shred all your plans to little bits. Shit certainly does happen, without being anybody´s fault or blame. Fact of Life.

But perhaps what surprises me most is that if you have an agreement – any agreement – and find that it will be difficult to fulfill it, you say so. You tell the other part and explain how it is, and if the doubts of finishing in time are strong enough you back out – and say so in good time, not the last minute. Backing out on a promise is definitely not a nice thing having to do (and I certainly do not like to it myself) but at least it is fair.

Leaving the other part “hanging out to dry” is not fair.
Ralph Masemann

Post by Ralph Masemann »

Ohh my goodness... What's up here?

I remember in the beginning of this idea all people where happy and cooperatively.
The called whipmakers would donate a whip from the first time on.
What happened?
Too busy for seven month? No time for a comment?
Very badly... I'm sad to read this today in the morning.

Thumbs down
Mistakes are just decoration ;)
For technical Support (forum): Look here
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Your comment is spot on, Ralph. "Too busy for seven month? No time for a comment?"

Time for other comments and posts - yes. Time to post a lot of things - yes. Time for other
projects - yes. Time to remember a given promise? Time to admit that it doesn't work?
Why? In the end we all noticed that anyway.

I'm still angry. And that is the reason why I don't do anything, right now. "Talk in anger and you
will hold the best speech you are ever going to regret".

We have some money, now. And - thanks to Roy, who jumped in at the last minute... - we now
have four whips for the lottery.

But what really amazes me - and I am not sarcastic, okay? - is the fact how deep people can
disappoint you. I mean - for example Chris ("Topher"). It did not take long and he called me friend.
After I sent the reminder to all of the "donators", he posted that in the forum:

26 march 2015
Sounds good, Robby. I will post them here as well as email them to you.

The next day - 27 march 2015, he posted that picture:

It was for the barter with Donald Hilsabeck (I deletd Donald's account in the meantime, by the way).

And from then on - no more word. No picture, no nothing. I know that he and his wife had big trouble with their tobacco shop. But there was still time to create a matched pair of pipe whips for Donald. Others had other projects running. Big time. But no time for promised stuff for the shelter. Well - priorities, right?

And - Lasse - to say "Leaving the other part “hanging out to dry” is not fair." is not exactly what happened. I was called a liar for all that. It is my name which is connected to all this. There was not a single email in which anyone would have named the folks who disappeared without a word. No one called them liars. I was called the liar. Not fair? I would call it "Killing Robert Amper's reputation".

Robby

Post by Guest »

This is unexpected...

First of all, sorry for my absence. Didn't even make myself a MIA thread because it's been a case of "I'll be back online tomorrow" for the last weeks for me.

Tyler, your whip is even more awesome than I expected! You're a real inspiration to us all.

I still don't have photos of the whip, but trust me, it does exist. The only thing that will be left to the last minute is the waxing, since I still have to go shopping for a pan big enough for that. I'll get the photos up as soon as possible.

- Pokkis
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Unexpected?

I made my post in which I requested the pictures at June, 17.
You posted into the forum at:

June 21 - 1 post.
June 22 - 2 posts
June 23 - 5 posts

You knew about the deadline. And it wouldv'e been easy to post something like you did now. But you didn't.
So - No way - this was NOT unexpected. When you had problems - personal stuff or rants about your job -
there was always the time and the chance to post. Always! And you logged in yesterday, too. At 2pm and 10.47pm.
And now - 24 hours later - it is "unexpected"?

You talk about health problems. I think, I have to accept this. But I don't trust you anymore as I don't trust in Devin,
anymore. You too had seven month. And when we needed you to stand to your word, there was nothing. Stay in
the group. Keep posting. But you don't have to finish that whip. Well, of course you can do that. But I don't want
it as donation for the lottery. Sell it to someone. You gave your promise and all you say is: "Sorry for my absence"...?
You have your very own ways, Pokkis. And you have your principles. I know that very well. But this time you went too far.
What should have been a great thing for everyone is now rescued by the folks who jumped in for those who broke their
promises.

The Pokkis I know from a year ago wouldn't have done that. The Pokkis I see these days I don't like very much.
I've lost a big part of my reputation because of the folks who broke their word. You have lost your reputation because
of what you did.

Robby

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”