The drawing of the tickets/names...

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Robby Amper

The drawing of the tickets/names...

Post by Robby Amper »

...will be on Saturday, the 11.07.2015. It's that date, because at that weekend we'll have the WB meet & greet 2015. Mario will be here, Ralph will be here, and with a little luck Fritz and Robert will be here, too. We're going to film the whole thing and put in on YouTube, then. That way everybody can see how it all happened and you'll see on the video how won what. And the other thing: There will be some folks to witness everything...

So - this is to all the folks who agreed to donate a whip for the lottery:
You should start to plan what you're going to make and when to start, because the show begins! I take you by your word, now.

That way everyone who agreed to donate a whip has more than enough time to finish the work. Sorry - but no excuses, okay? I'd like to have everything that way that we have the drawing of the names and the respective whip is sent within the following 3-5 days. The shipping costs are paid by the winner! For that please see the rules for the lottery:

Each ticket will be 5.00 US Dollars.

One ticket means one paper with your name on it in the bowl. The more tickets you buy, the more papers with your name on it will be in the game.

If you win a whip, and your name will be drawn again, it will be ignored.
The reason for the whole thing is not to win as many whips as possible. The reason is that we'd like to collect as much money as possible for the dog shelter.

The names of the whip makers who donate a whip, will be in a separate box. The drawings will be made by two persons - back to back at the same time. One draws a name out of the lottery box, the other draws a name out of the "Whip makers" box. That way there will be no "first price" or "second price". We will have only equal winners in the end.

They are hairy and have four feet...

The whole thing will be filmed in one piece and then released on YouTube. The money will be donated in full and I will post the donation receipt into the public area in the forum.

IMPORTANT! The lottery is open to everybody. It is NOT limited to WB members. Everybody who likes to join is welcome. Therefore this thread is open to the public. I know that this forum has a lot of guests. Of course the access for guests is strictly limited. But if you're interested to join the good cause - just drop me a line!

Buying tickets...

One ticket will be 5.00 USD and - believe me - you can buy as many tickets as you like. I will let you know when you can buy them. This is the call for the whip donators. Not for the ticket buyers. I will let you know when you can buy the tickets. I will post a list who bought how much tickets, because I want the whole thing to be as transparent as any possible. Hopefully we'll have a lot of money in the pot and I don't want to have the slightest shade on the whole thing.

I will buy tickets, too. But in case my name is drawn, I won't accept the prize. We'll start another round, then. Like I said -it would look shady if the guy who runs the whole WB show wins a whip in his own lottery. The members of WB know that I'm an honorable man. But a lot of folks out there would love to spread the news that Robert Amper has won a whip in his own lottery. You know what I maen. For that I have to be absolutely neutral.

And for the others... Don't be disappointed, if you don't win a whip. You'll be a winner, anyway. Because your money will go to to a dog shelter here and - of course - I will post the donation receipt, then. To see for everybody.

That's it for now :)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

This sounds great Robby. The only part I don't like is I can't come to Germany to enjoy the fun with you guys. I'm sure that will be a great time.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Great news, Robby!

Could I donate a whip from my collection that I haven't made myself, or would that spoil the game?
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That wouldn't spoil anything, Robert. You paid for that whip yourself, so it would be a noble gesture to donate a whip for the lottery. Thank you for bringing this idea up!

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

To bring that up here, too - these are the folks who are in the "I donate a whip" game!

Einar Stephenson
Chris Holtz
Devin Bauer
Roger Tuson
Tyler Blake
Jared Routon
Antti "Pokkis" Mäkinen
Robert Gage
(He donates from his personal collection)

I'm pretty sure that nobody would be angry if some other folks wolud decide to donate a whip, too. Remember - it's not about you. It's about some doggies who are in desperate need for help.

If possible it would be great if you would post a picture of the whip you're donating.
Perhaps we'll sell a few more tickets, then... Who knows. And we can show who's receiving what whip directly in the video, then!

Robby

Post by Guest »

That's my 35th birthday :)

Photos will surely be coming when the whip is done. I'll probably toss in some project photos for good measure, not sure if everyone is crazy about them but I certainly am.

So far I've made many separate plans for what exactly to make, and chose the ones to use with a scientific method called "closing eyes and pointing randomly". That was not a joke. I actually did just that.

- Pokkis
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

I'll buy tickets too. I'm sorry that I am too busy to build a whip this time around.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

No worries. Perhaps in 2016, then :)

Robby
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

I'm still in for a few tickets. I have set aside that money and vowed not to touch it.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That's great, David. Thank you so much!

Robby
Chris 'Topher' Holtz

Post by Chris 'Topher' Holtz »

Heck Yeah, There are some fine whipmakers on that list!! I will have mine ready to go, Robby. I have had it all planned out since the first time this was brought up. Sweet, I can hardly wait, and Roy is right, I wish I could be over there to be a part of the festivities!!

Well, here's to a big pile 'o' moolah for our four legged-friends!!!!
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Here, Here! :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Guy Washburn

Post by Guy Washburn »

How I overlooked this is beyond me, but I'd be honored to donate a whip for such a noble cause....This is a great idea and I'm all over it.
My sister and I still play in a NASCAR pool, have been for years, and our winnings are donated to a local shelter in a neighboring town where I grew up.
FYI , That little rascal in my profile pic came from a "Kill shelter" (Oxymoron) in Georgia. I have also donated a percentage of proceeds from certain whip sales to Merrideth McGraw, the woman who rescued him along with hundreds more of these "destined for doom" dogs from down there and brings them north to find them homes with great success.
Anywho, when it comes to my dog "Smokey" I'm not sure who rescued who :)
p.s. Robby I'll need your mailing address (seems I lost it) and as soon as I have the funds to ship it I'll get the whip to you. I'll also see if I can get some interest going here at the local level for ticket purchases.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Guy - that's great! But you don't have to send anything to me, nor do you have to pay any shipping costs. I'll put your name onto the list of donators and on the shipping... The winner of a respective whip pays for the shipping. Not the whip maker! That would be a bit too much.

Anyway - thanks again, Guy!

Take care,
Robby
Guy Washburn

Post by Guy Washburn »

Thanks for clarifying that Robby, That makes perfect sense :)
Ralph Masemann

Post by Ralph Masemann »

Very cool,
I am very full anticipation to the Meet&Greet and the End of the Lottery :-)

I'm also very happy, that I see the real Date, because in my calendar there was the M&G one week in former times... That could have amusingly ended...

Best,
Ralph
Mistakes are just decoration ;)
For technical Support (forum): Look here

Post by Guest »

Hi Ralph, I feel the same way and am sure that all collect donations will flow to dogs that so desperately need compassion and help. I think this is the important point.
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Just finished a Snake and will start planning my whip for the lottery next. Looking forward to the build on this one!
Chris 'Topher' Holtz

Post by Chris 'Topher' Holtz »

Going on with the pipe whip kick I have been on the last month or so, I have started planing a pair of 4 ft pipe whips. And will start construction when I get back from my trip next week.

I dont know if any one has asked yet or not but do you want pictures of the whip for the drawing, Robby?
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

To be honest - I didn't think about that. But pictures would be great. Simply because when the folks see what they can win, they probably buy more tickets. The more tickets we sell, the more we can donate to the dog shelter in the end. So... Yes! Pictures would be great! ????

Robby

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”