Rules for the lottery

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Robby Amper

Rules for the lottery

Post by Robby Amper »

Each ticket will be 5.00 US Dollars.

One ticket means one paper with your name on it in the bowl. The more tickets you buy, the more papers with your name on it will be in the game.

If you win a whip, and your name will be drawn again, it will be ignored.
The reason for the whole thing is not to win as many whips as possible. The reason is that we'd like to collect as much money as possible for the dog shelter.

The names of the whip makers who donate a whip, will be in a separate box. The drawings will be made by two persons - back to back at the same time. One draws a name out of the lottery box, the other draws a name out of the "Whip makers" box. That way there will be no "first price" or "second price". We will have only equal winners in the end.

They are hairy and have four feet...

The whole thing will be filmed in one piece and then released on YouTube. The money will be donated in full and I will post the donation receipt into the public area in the forum.

IMPORTANT! The lottery is open to everybody. It is NOT limited to WB members. Everybody who likes to join is welcome. Therefore this thread is open to the public. I know that this forum has a lot of guests. Of course the access for guests is strictly limited. But if you're interested to join the good cause - just drop me a line!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

I have read and acknowledge the rules.

That said, I very much approve of the structure for this lottery, very fair I think.
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

You've got my vote.
Lasse Carenvall

Post by Lasse Carenvall »

Read and understood.
Also agree with Devin, it can´t get much more fair than that.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

This all sounds like an honest and fair deal to me, thanks Robby
He died for me, I'll live for him
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, this is not only wonderfully fair, but wonderfully simple!

I hope we can raise even more than last year!
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

Hi Robby, I like the approach and I hope we got a lot of donations for the
dogs.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Well done Robby! Sounds like a great system.
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Jared Routon

Post by Jared Routon »

I'm in Robby. I see this being a great fund raising event for shelter this year.
Robert Wurth

Post by Robert Wurth »

This sounds like a great way to do it to me, Robby! Congrats on setting this up and for the amount of thought you've put into making it legitimate and safe for all donors!
Robert Wurth

Post by Robert Wurth »

One quick question, because I didn't see it clarified (you may have mentioned it elsewhere):

I am assuming that those who generously donate a whip can also purchase lottery tickets, yes?

Since it sounds like there might be quite a few talented makers donating whips, I think there might be a possibility that someone could actually win their own whip.

Do you have a procedure in place for this? I would think the easiest would be to just draw a new name and put the first back into the pool, but it seemed worth asking about. :)
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

All fine with me, Robby.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Roger - thank you!

Robert - it's very close to what you wrote. If anyone draws his own whip, the "whip ticket" will be put back into the pool. Because the name that was drawn was pulled under the same rules as all the others. And he paid for his ticket. So he's entitled to win a whip. Just not his own :)

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

There is a supplemental to the Rules of the lottery:

In the meantime, some generous folks bought tickets but told me to give those tickets to the others. But how could that work? Printing more tickets for the others? And who would decide who will get these "free" additional tickets? For sure - not me.

It will work like this: Every time we draw a ticket with the name of one of these fine members who gave away their tickets, we put them aside a draw another ticket.. In case we'll have again a ticket which was donated to the others, we put it aside and...draw again. And so on. I won't - and can't! - be the one to decide whose chances will be higher and whose not. That way it will still be a matter of luck. And nothing else. There will be a high chance that we'll draw some "donated" tickets, simply because there will be a lot of them.

Is that completely understood? Anyone who thinks that this is not good? You have four days from now on. At Thursday evening (my time) the gates are closed. Because Friday in the morning we'll start to print and cut the tickets.

Time is flying, folks... Deadline is directly ahead of us.

Robby
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Sounds very fair to me, Robby
Inch by inch.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

I think that's very fair, Robby!

It's all very exciting! :)
'Less is often more!'
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

It is really exciting!
Inch by inch.
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Can't wait!
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That's a perfect idea Robby. Time is blowing by. I waxed the thong of my whip last night and hope to work on the handle this evening. I will post pics as soon as its done
He died for me, I'll live for him
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

I was hoping that my tickets would help someone who doesn't have a good whip collection start one. Who entered and only has whips that they have made themselves? Those are the people I want to share my tickets, Robby.

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”