Roy Partin

Archive
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Appreciate it Roger, Pokkis and Mario. Pokkis I think I agree with you on this cowboy color thing. This brown looks even more rugged than the rust. Thanks for that observation Lasse. Yes if our bodies hold up then we can tweak on these whips until we are called home. Even then we still wouldn't be satisfied.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Great looking whip!!!! as Always Roy. I like the color combination the wooden handle with the dark thong. Again Great work!!! Roy
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

That Acid Brown gets the thumbs up from me.
I like the handle on this whip a lot. It's nice and simple and looks like a good fit in the hand.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

I really appreciate your kind words Gio and Fritz. I agree Fritz, this was a simple cow whip build, nothing special, but the finished product really pleased my eye.
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

Nice work Roy, the Acid Brown is a personal favorite of mine, and your whip certainly makes it look good.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Thanks Devin. I'm happy to know you also like this color. It did remind me of your whips when I first saw it.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

This is the "Striker" cow whip that I recently finished. First of all, I must admit that this build was for my own amusement. I wanted a light and accurate whip for target/routine work when playing in my yard. The 6 ft 12 plait overlay is in rust and acid brown color. The first 2 feet are in an under 1 over 1 sequence. The point is 6 plait and the twisted fall is attached with a snakes head hitch. This is the first time that I have utilized double drops. I am pleasantly surprised at how smooth the drops and taper are. The 8 plait belly is plaited nearly the entire length in an under 1 over 1 sequence. The core is a tightly bound tapering twist. The handle is an 18 inch piece of Goncalo Alves branded with spiraling reptile scales. The heel knob has an alligator tooth inlay. This is the first time I have tied a turks head knot on a handle. I want to give a big thanks to Taylor for the advice on TH knots.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

I love this so much! Amazing!
Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

Absolutely stunning. And it is my pleasure to have helped in any small way possible. The knot looks perfect, and now you know they just ain't that hard. :)
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

That's really fine work the handle design is really cool!
Ryan Fitts

Post by Ryan Fitts »

Dude, you straight up killed that. Not only is the build quality stunning, but the aesthetics are incredibly original. There's just not enough good things to say about this whip. :)
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

I echo all these remarks. What a whip! It's not only elegant - it simply cries out, "I'm efficient! I deliver!" And the photos with the Croc head also suggest the inescapable message, "I bite!"

Roy, until fairly recently, I would have thought an 18 inch handle with a 6 foot thong would be unwieldy - unbalanced. I'm gradually moving towards a preference for longer handles (not least because of the 10-footer you made for me, with its 16 inch handle). As I've said before, I've only even handled one rather poor stock whip, but I begin to see why the Aussies say that's the ultimate whip for accuracy and control.

This whip is a real masterpiece. Please let us know how it behaves over the coming weeks....
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

Wow, that looks really exciting! Can't say much that hasn't been said already, but yeah, that turned out very cool :)

- Pokkis
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Love the alligator head photo mount! Oh, and the whip's not too bad either! ;)
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Beautifully done, Roy! Beautifully done!!! With everything together it definitely reads "dangerous reptile". Very fine work, indeed! I look forward to your review of it for target work.
Inch by inch.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Okay, okay. I see your point, Roy. If you are really that unhappy with that whip
and want to get rid of it...I will do that for you. Just send it to me (as the good man
I am, I even pay the shipping!)
and I will get rid of it for you. No, really, no need to
thank me. I am more than happy to help you.

:D

Hey, Taylor tried it with the "welcome present for the new member". Didn't work out.
So I thought, I could try another trick. Doesn't work either, hm?

Great work, Roy. As always, Sir!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Great job, Roy, great job. ;) ;)
I like this elegant design of the handle and I love this beautiful reptile pattern, I have to say it again, fantastic work, Roy. :D :D :D

Best wishes,
Mario
Simon Martin
Member of the Ring

Post by Simon Martin »

Looks fantastic Roy.
Curt Baumgardner

Post by Curt Baumgardner »

Very nice Roy.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Thank you all so much for the support and compliments. Robby if the day comes that I'm bored with this one then I will send it your way, BUT I just don't see that happening soon. Yesterday I had a blast sniping dandilions and clover blossoms in the yard. The accuracy is pleasing me. I hope to get some video of this one in motion to post.

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”