The WB Donation Campaign for 2015

I started a charity auction for a dog shelter. Here you find the details.
Robby Amper

The WB Donation Campaign for 2015

Post by Robby Amper »

After the campaign is before the campaign, right? Our first campaign is done now, and we donated over 500.00 USD. Here's the donation receipt and where they money was given: Donation Receipt & Report

So here's the idea for the next year(s)… But - very important - before I start all that, I have to say that the idea for an annual campaign was brought up by Bobbi Holyoak! It was her idea, and I jumped on that band wagon. I was talking to Bobbi, and we developed this idea, then: We could do this as a raffle! That means, everybody buys a lot for 5.00 USD. So his/her name comes into the lottery wheel once. Who buys two lots - 10.00 USD - will have his/her name two times in that lottery wheel and so on. The more lots you buy, the higher is your chance to win. In the end all that money will be donated, again. Every single Cent!

And the winner…? If one of our members will donate a whip for that raffle, I'll put on top a complete disc set of 4 Whip Basics DVDs. The DVD set alone will be worth 150.00 USD. That plus a whip… I think, that would be enough appeal to buy a few lots. In the end we're going to help animal shelters. Again!

Dear Guests.

I know that a lot of members from other forums read this, too. Cow forum, Indy lounge, whip forums from different countries and so on. I could understand if you wouldn't like to be part of something, as long it's held on "enemy ground". I know that a lot of other forums/people think - and write - that I am arrogant, self important, big-headed and incompetent. That's okay.

But the idea of supporting animal shelters is not arrogant nor incompetent! So - please - try to start something like that in your own forums! You don't have to mention me nor Whip Basics. Pretend it's your own idea. I won't tell :) But you would do some really good things for animals in general. Wouldn't that be good and important enough to ignore me and to adapt the idea…? ;)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Robby, I believe the raffle idea was all you. I just said I liked it. We donated that much with out a carrot on a string... It would just be fun to add that element. I do think having it be an annual campaign makes sense. That way people would be ready for it because it is more consistent but it isn't so often as to put a burden on anyone.

You make me laugh with the Dear guest part. :) I know you are dead serious.... and I love you for it.

Dear guest, Please, just come in and join us.

Post by Guest »

This sounds like a good idea, I'm definitely in. Also it will be interesting to see how much money the "carrot on a string" will get.

- Pokkis
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Carrots!! We don't need no stinkin' carrots!!

Robby, Bob, I am in love with the idea. An annual fund raising event for dogs? Always count me in. As I joked above, truly we don't need carrots around these here parts, but if ya wanna include a whip and the best whip training DVD set in the marketplace don't let me be the one to stop ya. I realize this go round I wasn't able to donate much, but I was able to donate! For anyone that just looked at the donation and turned away, I'll say it. Shame on you! When it's said that every LITTLE bit helps? They mean that! If I can scrape up a little bit you damn sure can as well. You now know well in advance. This is for 2015, start setting some change aside now and then. Who knows? You might get a carrot out of it all...
Last edited by Terry Shaw on Tue 13. May 2014, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

As I said before, I'll gladly support this - and the 'carrot' might well broaden the appeal of the campaign. Robby's offer of the DVDs is very generous, and if someone throws in a whip as well - wonderful!
'Less is often more!'
Enoch Compagnoni

Post by Enoch Compagnoni »

Actually we will might have a "whip on the string, with a cool DVD set" and i am pretty sure that the prize will rise the donations...maybe not the double, but who knows....
Anyway the most important thing here is THE REASON why we donate our money and i will never stop to say "count me in!"

Enoch
Keanu Shimaoka

Post by Keanu Shimaoka »

Sounds good to me!
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

I love the idea Robby, and I also like making it an annual deal. When the time comes I'd be happy to contribute a whip if you would like.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Oh, yes, I do...! Perhaps the time will come in 2015. I could imagine, that we can have more than one brilliant Exowhip and a lousy set of DVDs :) Perhaps we can have a brilliant Exowhip, a lousy set of DVDs and a whip from you... What do you think, Devin?

Robby
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

Sounds good Robby, I would just need a deadline.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Sure. One year from now on ;) Okay, maybe only 11 month, but I'm happy that you're in!

Robby
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

This is awesome. I am so impressed with everyone here.
Carl Feairs

Post by Carl Feairs »

Sounds good to me as well.
Enoch Compagnoni

Robby Amper wrote:.

Oh, yes, I do...! Perhaps the time will come in 2015. I could imagine, that we can have more than one brilliant Exowhip and a lousy set of DVDs :) Perhaps we can have a brilliant Exowhip, a lousy set of DVDs and a whip from you... What do you think, Devin?

Robby
Mmmmhhhh..if that will be the case, to have more than one whip, maybe you can decide to make like a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize....more carrots on the string are better than one *grins*

Enoch
Keanu Shimaoka

Post by Keanu Shimaoka »

Great idea Enoch. I was thinking about throwing in a whip myself, but seeing as we already have 1 set of DVDs and 2 whips, we'll see.

Post by Guest »

Really? Is "too many whips" actually a thing?

- Pokkis
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

I like the idea Enoch, though I think it may be fairer to allow the drawn winners to pick one of the prizes they would prefer.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

To set a first, second and third price would be one thing. To decide who's name has the first, second or third price, is another story. What we could do is this (to have everything really neutral!): Two persons - back to back - they can't see each other or what the other picked. One points to one of the prices, the other one picks a name card. Two times. In the end there is one price and one name left. That would be absolutely neutral and we'd have three winners. Which is in fact better than one winner with three prices.

One more thing. I can't be part of the raffle.

I'll donate and pay for 10 name cards, but I won't put my cards into the lottery wheel. If I'd win a whip, it could look...suspicious. So we make more money for the donation and the chances for the others are higher.

Robby

Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

I'm liking these wonderful ideas. The whip swap was an enjoyable experience and I believe this raffle will be just as neat, plus its for a good cause. Y'all keep the cool ideas coming and count me in.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Enoch Compagnoni

Robby Amper wrote:.

To set a first, second and third price would be one thing. To decide who's name has the first, second or third price, is another story. What we could do is this (to have everything really neutral!): Two persons - back to back - they can't see each other or what the other picked. One points to one of the prices, the other one picks a name card. Two times. In the end there is one price and one name left. That would be absolutely neutral and we'd have three winners. Which is in fact better than one winner with three prices.

One more thing. I can't be part of the raffle.

I'll donate and pay for 10 name cards, but I won't put my cards into the lottery wheel. If I'd win a whip, it could look...suspicious. So we make more money for the donation and the chances for the others are higher.

Robby

I am not an expert in these kind of raffles, even if i have bought tickets here and there for this or that good cause, but usually they start from the "lower" (i put this between the " cause i dont like to consider one whip or the dvd set better or worst than the other things) prize so = the 1st name you pick up get the "lower" prize and so on till the "top" ones.
You can even call A-B-C prizes, it still works. Or you can set 2 baskets, one with the names of the prize and one with the names of the people.
Your idea of the two person - back to back - is cool....plus that reminds me the old gentlemen duel with guns ;)
Another thing that comes to my mind is that maybe once a name got a prize, the same person cant get another prize; so even if someone cant buy more than 1-2 tickets, he/she has some possibility, while who buys lots of cards still has high chances to bring something home.
What do you think, guys?

YES, YOU CAN, Robby!
I dont see any reason why you need to keep you out. You have the same right to have a chance to win a prize, like anybody else.
NOTHING SUSPICIOUS.
This is my opinion, of course (even if i am pretty sure that some other members here could agree on that).

Enoch

Return to “Whip Auctions For A Dog Shelter (+++ public thread +++)”