The WB Donation Campaign for 2015

I started a charity auction for a dog shelter. Here you find the details.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, this gets more exciting all the time! The idea that there might be several whips....

[quote="Antti "Pokkis" Mäkinen"]Really? Is "too many whips" actually a thing?[/quote]
I have to agree with that!

I can see why you're cautious about allowing yourself to be a possible 'winner'. We all know you are highly honourable, but in today's world (perhaps more than ever) it's important to make sure that one is beyond reproach in things like this. I agree with Enoch: you ought to be eligible to win the raffle, just like everyone else; but perhaps it's better to 'play safe'. I'll support you, whichever way you decide....
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Robert! I appreciate what Enoch said, but I agree 100% with you. There are other forums and groups who are literally waiting to throw dirt at me. And what would be better than

"Robert Amper won the raffle. On his own forum...! Nice try, Mr. Amper".

Since I changed here to the two level system of membership, other folks followed that example. But not only because they think it's cool. But because they are acting like a prima donna. "What? On WB now I'm only Forum Guest? Pah! Now I'm going to set my own group to private, too!" And then imagine, I'd win a whip in that raffle They would spread that all over the world, the cow forum and facebook. I'm not a member at facebook, myself, but I know a lot of people who are :)

At least I could take part on the raffle, but when my name is drawn, we take it out and give the next one a chance. It's not that I wouldn't love to win a whip, made by one of these fine whip makers. It's just that I can't.

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

As always (and this may be off-topic) I will tell others of the animal donation campaign whenever I can. I will tell them where to go, how to donate, and what cause it's for. I'm afraid that's all I can do.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Believe me, David, that's more than some other folks did.

Robby
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

I know, Robby. I can't help them. I can help animals, indirectly, by passing on the word. Maybe they'll see that example and change their minds. Here's hoping, right?
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Yep. You're right, David, absolutely.

Robby
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

And it really does help everyone. Changing your mind is good for your mind, getting over a bad opinion of someone is good for your emotional equilibrium, helping other people or animals is good for your spirit. So if you encourage anyone to do do any of those things it helps them, anyone around them, and it helps whoever they help.
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

Jonathan reminds me of a quote I picked up from somewhere. I can't remember where I heard this.

"I like to confuse people. When confused, they have to think. When they think, they become smarter, and smarter people are usually nicer."
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

'To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.'

- John Henry Newman
'Less is often more!'
Derek Pulsifer

Post by Derek Pulsifer »

This sounds really cool, I would like to donate one of my whips if you would like.
It sounds like I should have time to get quite a few more under my belt before it's time. And I can donate my best one when the time comes.

I love giving my whips away, I have already gifted 5 of them. And I love dog's, I see the shelter commercial's on tv and never think about donating. Simply because I don't trust them, this group I know is actually donating every cent! I should also be recovered financially by then so I can donate some cash as well.

Return to “Whip Auctions For A Dog Shelter (+++ public thread +++)”