Simple, fast & cheap

You can hit other persons onto their hands, until there's no one left who's holding you anything, or - you build a target stand. Great idea, by the way.
Robby Amper

Simple, fast & cheap

Post by Robby Amper »

I had some old pieces of wood laying around. For years. It was an old bed, or something. It's the most simple and cheapest target stand, ever. It took me overall something like 40 minutes, but it's okay for the job :)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

Great job Robby. I like the feet especially. - and the whip that goes with it. :)
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

Very nice Robby, there is something to be said for resourcefulness. Bobbi's show whips are really sharp.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

I love this target stand!! You inspire me to make my own stand.

I hope you don't mind, I'm going to snag that first picture for my self.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

....and seeing the orange fall reminds me of that mean trick you played on me! lol! Dry German humor gets me every time.
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Robby, simple, fast, and cheap is something I support whole heartedly! I know there are many of us here that don't have a lot in the way of financial resources so we're always seeking ways to 'get the job done' in just that fashion. Thank you for sharing. Something of this nature answers the need very well.

~T.
Carl Feairs

Post by Carl Feairs »

Zip ties are like another type of duct tape!
You have inspiered me. I must build a target stand. I have been knocking things around on the ground long enough.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Excellent, Robby!
'Less is often more!'
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Simple, fast, cheap and effizient, great work Robby. ;) ;)

Mario
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you all for your comments! If this simple thing inspires you, it makes me more than happy! In the meantime I know for sure that it was an old bed. I didn't even use screws. Only wood glue. The padded rod which is for the targets, is only bound with poly string. No glue, no screws. The "paddles" at the feet were born out of the situation. My garden is very uneven. And so these paddles kind of securing the whole thing. And - yes - that green chaos is my garden :)

Bobbi - when you like the pic, you can gladly use it. And the german humor is sometimes...problematic, indeed.

Carl - just go for it! But don't forget to post pics, okay? ;)

Robby
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thank you for letting me take the picture. The humor isn't the problem... The problem is that I believe every word you say! lol!
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

That's a very nice stand good job.
Enoch Compagnoni

Post by Enoch Compagnoni »

Someone once said "if it looks like a target stand and works like a target stand, it is a target stand!"
No matter how much time, effort or money you put into it till you reach your goal!
Dangerous to leave that whip all alone and defenseless....oh well, since i am a good boy, i will take care of it for you, Robby *winks and grins*

Enoch
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Oh, really? You would be so kind to take care of my whips? Enoch… I don't know what to say on this great and noble offer! ;)

Do you know if you can manage to come to Switzerland, then? I think, the best occasion would be the first weekend, because I have some backup with me - Mario & Ralph. So they could do all the work and we'll have a nice coffee :) I just hope, they don't read this… ;)

Einar - thank you!

Bobbi - Of course I mean everything exactly the way I say it. It's just my english, that causes problems… :)

Robby
Enoch Compagnoni

Post by Enoch Compagnoni »

Robby
I think to come the 7th of June. If i am right i can arrive within 11-12 o'clock

Enoch
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That's cool... So - coffee for us - work for Mario & Ralph :)

Robby

Return to “Target Stands (+++ public thread +++)”