All our little friends who need our help...

I started a charity auction for a dog shelter. Here you find the details.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I had several discussions about the "Who donated what" thing. My point was: "If people donate anonymous, it's easy to send as little buck as possible. And that's not the meaning of all that". The other side was: "If it's kinda official, you push the people. You force them." So, what to do...?

Usually I don't trust people when it comes to these things. So here's an idea. And that builds - again - on trust and respect. As soon as we have the PayPal account, the email address where to send donations, too, I'll open the "Donated!" thread. Everybody who donated, can post what he donated, but no one has to. That way it's open to all and everybody.

I will post what I sent, and in the end we'll have a donation receipt that tells us what we made in total. Is that okay for you? Please let me know what you think.

Other thing. I see every day in the User list, that members are online. Members, who don't report in the respective thread. Please do me the favor and let me - let us - know that you acknowledged that. You don't have to donate. But I'd be happy if you'd report.

Thanks,
Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I think that's a good compromise. It's always been my habit to donate anonymously - it's just something I picked up from my parents. This is a tight knit group, so it's different than a public event and therefore may carry different feelings on that line for different people.
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

I'll follow what ever rules are set up. I normally donate to things quietly but it is different in this little group.
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Great idea to help our little friends, I'm for it. :)

Mario
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, I agree with Tyler: this is a good compromise. I, too, generally prefer to donate anonymously, not least because, if the donation is larger than average, it might make other donors feel 'up-staged', and if it's smaller than average, it can make me feel stingy, even though I've given all I could at the moment. So I think your compromise is good. The important thing is the animals, not our egos!
'Less is often more!'
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

You're right, Robert. So anyone can donate anonymously. And - right again! - it's all about the animals. Not us. Well said, Sir!

Robby
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

I love the idea Robby, and the compromise sounds good, and I don't think it will be a problem with the group we have here.
Jared Routon

Post by Jared Routon »

Hey I agree whole heartly on this. I'm in.

Robby, Thanks for the email. Don't know how I've missed this thread the past few days.
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

ARGHHHHHHH!
I goofed. Was not thinking clearly when I started to post the first donations made.
I will remove what I posted and hope that nobody listed wanted to remain anonymous.
It is now up to each of you to post when you donate .... or not.
I will periodically post only the total received.
Again, my sincere apologies.
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

I'm glad to see that Whip Basics is offering assistance to underprivileged animals. They are often treated like property, but are living beings and deserve at least some measure of respect.

I have never been one to keep animals myself, but my mate is absolutely fanatical about them, so I have had plenty of exposure to the delight they can bring to others. They all have their own personalities and quirks. I can't imagine anyone subjecting them to harsh conditions or simply turning a blind eye. We have taken in at least five strays ourselves, so we do our part in our own small way.

Kudos to all involved for lending a helping hand.
Tim Cousineau

Post by Tim Cousineau »

Worthy Cause!!
Josee Richard

Post by Josee Richard »

A very worthy cause, i'll be happy to contribute to it in the coming week. Just have to wait for funds to come in ,having just spent a good amount on a leather order .

Post by Guest »

Just to lighten the mood, here's Ilpo, the mighty Jagdterrier wearing my shemagh. Can you say no to that?

More of this, his best friend in the dog world, a very pretty and loveable Kira, the awesome miracle malinois being her own cuddly self in a group portrait.

It's all for their fellow dogs, guys :)

I hope this doesn't take away too much of the serious undertone, just felt like sharing the pics of some of the coolest roommates I have had. Not my dogs, not living with them anymore, but they still have my heart which they stole with not much effort.

- Pokkis
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

That's a noble initiative Robert!!!
Last edited by Giovanni Celeste on Sun 30. Mar 2014, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

The three week animal shelter campaign is now finished.

I will not fully close the campaign to donations until all the funds are confirmed as available in the PayPal account.
I am closing the campaign to donations from outside the US however, because those seem to be the ones that have a 21 day wait before they are available. We don't want to extend it another 21 days forever.

NOTE: Both Fritz and Enoch's donations for some reason DID clear immediately. We now have a total of $517.04 USD !!!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Wow! What a splendid result! I'm delighted to be part of this.
'Less is often more!'
Keanu Shimaoka

Post by Keanu Shimaoka »

Awesome!
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Absolutely right, Jonathan! And what a result! I was hoping for something between 150 and 200 bucks. Okay… Back in my head I was hoping for more :) But 500 Dollars are way more than I ever could hope for. Thanks, folks. Thanks for your donations and your help. No matter how much one donated - we're all together in that.

Again - thank you all!

Robby
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

We rock!

~T.
Enoch Compagnoni

Post by Enoch Compagnoni »

Y E A H !!!

Glad to hear I was just in time to help out!

Enoch

Return to “Whip Auctions For A Dog Shelter (+++ public thread +++)”