Lucy

I started a charity auction for a dog shelter. Here you find the details.
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

Good stuff Robby, thats a tidy sum of money considering the financial climate at the minute.....and the Germans came through strong in your support one of the fetish guys off the German forum is the proud owner of the 7 foot Skip Whip.....

Tony :)
Franziska

Post by Franziska »

What about selling leashes, heeling sticks and other dog gear, too? I've seen beautiful heeling sticks braided from kangaroo at this site, for example: www.graystonebritishlabradors.com/index.htm
(They seem to have a server problem right now, maybe try again in a few hours.)

I have made and sold a few leashes, too. They don't bring as much money as whips do, of course, only 50-70 Euro each, but dog owners buy them readily and they are easier to make.

Sorry, Robby, I can't you give much more than an idea. I already try to help animals with a handicap. My own dog "Merlin" - German shepherd x Husky, 9 years old - suffers from severe hip dysplasia.
Last edited by Franziska on Sun 27. Sep 2009, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Hi Franziska,

and a big thankyou for your post and idea. The whole thing is over now, and we raised some serious money for the dog shelter. I've heard a word lately. It was "Mercy on us, if only one animal is part of God's court in the end". Interesting thought, isn't it?

Thanks again and take care,
Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Update - the dogs had their operations and everything went more than fine. One dog didn't loose his leg, the other one is able to walk again and the third didn't go blind. Everything's fine :)

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Here's the next step. As you might know, we have the WB shop on this site, too. On every sold item I had my cut. Today I sent all the members of the Whip Basics team an important message. Well, I think that it's important... From now on I waive on every commission in the WB shop.

From now on every Cent which comes from a WB shop sale, will go directly to an animal shelter. Directly from the respective whipmaker. So there won't be any "administration fee" or something like that. Every single Cent that is made from a WB shop sale goes directly to an animal shelter in the respective whipmaker's area.

Of course I can't control anything. I'll never know who sold a WB model. I'm depending on the honesty of the members of the WB team. And I don't doubt their integrity for a second. As I wrote to my folks - we won't raise fortunes. But every single Cent is better than no Cent.

And I'm pretty sure that our little friends will be grateful for every help we can give them.

Right?

Robby
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

This is a very good idea, Robby! :) :)

And yes, our little friends cats or dogs etc. will be grateful for every help from us.

Mario
Guy Washburn

Post by Guy Washburn »

Well Robby, We've finally won her over. My wife Katalin has been a bit skeptical about this whole whipmaking thing from the gitgo, but all she had to read was the email you sent about the dog shelters and Bingo we're all geniuses now LOL. This is a fantastic idea. My dog "Smokey" was found by hikers in the Georgia woods along with his mom and 4 siblings, they were transferred to what I understand is a "Kill Shelter"(oxymoron) if you ask me. This wonderful woman Meridith McGraw takes these animals loads them in a converted school bus and hauls the all the way up here to the NE US and finds homes for them after some very rigorous screening, the most difficult part for my family was not bringing them all home. Its as if this dog knows what his future would have been, and I couldn't have ended up with a better friend even if I had special ordered him. ncidentally all of my dogs in the past have been rescues. I live in a area where most people spend sometimes thousands of dollars on some pedigreed purebred and then prance it around so they can brag about it"s bloodline and how much they paid for it, these dogs are not companions, but "trendy" accessories...makes me sick....On a side note my sister and I are huge NASCAR fans and we participate in a "pool" where you weekly pick a driver and if he wins you get a check made out to your chosen charity, ours is a shelter called "The Little Guild of Saint Francis" which has been here since I was a child. Through the years we have made a shitload of cash for them and all the money to enter comes out of our pockets...but the ultimate payback is the feeling that you've done at least something to help these forgotten angels. Sorry for rambling on, but this is extremely important to me, and I know it is to you.
In closing I would be Honored to know that anything you get from me went to help such a cause..................KUDOS.....Guy
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

We talked about the charity dog shelter on the M&G, it is a great thing, A Dog is for Life, my little Border Collie is nearly 18 years old, yeah maybe she costs a bit more in vets fee's with the odd infection at this great age, and is maybe a little bit slower and blind an deaf, but she has her good days. She has also epilepsy she was born with this problem, but it did not stop me from wanting her to be part of my life. I also have a mild form of epilepsy so for me it was normal to help a fellow sufferer.
Lassie now lives with my son, as she was his dog from the beginning, we had no idea that she would get so old. Although her mother made 18 and her grandmother made 21.
So this charity is a great idea, and no dog gets ugly or is ugly, the people that abandon them are the ugly ones.

When I was a kid, I had a Boxer puppy called snoopy, she was 6 months old when she was run over by a truck, her brother was at the side of her, without a scratch, I was at school at the time and my uncle left the door open. I still miss her even now. But since then I have had only two dogs, and the last one is an old lady, the one before lived until she was 15. Also a good age.

I will not be having anymore dogs but if we ever get good enough to make a whip for this good cause I will be more than happy.

@guy kit is a good thing what you have done, you look like a great team. The love from a dog is without predjudice, they dont care what you look like or what disabilities you have they just love you for what you are.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Here's some news. I was able to send nearly 500.00 Euro to a dog shelter here in good old germany. I sold some stuff - whips from the reviews - and here's the dog that received the money. To be honest... The hospital where the surgery was made, received the money.

Please meet Duke...

1 year old, two damaged hips. They were about to kill him, because there was not enough money. Well - now the money was enough and it wasn't one day too early.

This is Duke after his surgery.

Dizzy - but alive.
Robby
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Excellent, I like a happy ending. =)
Jeremy McEachern

Post by Jeremy McEachern »

Pretty dog :)
Caleb Krug

Post by Caleb Krug »

Poor guy, glad he's going to make it. :)
Kinky_swede (Passed away)

Post by Kinky_swede (Passed away) »

I'm very impressed!
My "sambo" (the girl i live together with) has been taking care of dogs for many years so i'm really impressed. Happy to see that there are more people that is involved in things so all beloved dogs, cats etc can have it good.

So Robby, thanks a lot!
Cute dog!

/Kent
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thanks for your kind words. I do as much as possible to help these furry friends. Under other circumstances I would call this pure blatancy, but I think, in this case it's okay. I run the Whip Basics Onlineshop, and - of course - I have a cut on everything which is sold there. But this money - my cut - is not paid to me, it's sent to animal shelters in the respective whipmakers region. I can't control this, I can't control who has a sale, because the customers order directly by the whipmakers, but all these folks are honorable, so I believe every single whipmaker in the shop sends (my) money to the shelters. I'm dead serious on that "Help the animals" thingie.

So - if somebody thinks it's cool to sell a whip and send the money to an animal shelter... Let me tell you - it is cool! :)

Robby
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Well done, Robby! Here's hoping Duke has a good recovery and finds a loving home :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

I'm terrible at times about reviving dead topics. Curiouisity and the cat you know. I'm a true dog lover. Recently had to have my great dane put down after a life of 10.5 years, which is quite old for a dane. So the last time this section was addressed it seems was back in May of 2012. What's become of it? Am I stirring a bee's nest by kicking off the dust?

~T.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

No, absolutely not. As far as I know, Duke found a new family and everything's okay with him. Perhaps you've seen the WB online shop. It works like that... I have a cut on every whip, whip holder and/or bag which is sold over the WB shop. But instead of sending that money to me, the respective whip maker gives that money to animal shelter in his area. So the story goes on :)

Well, there was a problem, one day. A whip maker told me that it's no more a WBSR sale, if a customer wants to have a different length or a different color. And so there's no cut for me - or more precise - no money for the shelters. But that's history. The whip maker, too.

Some folks asked - and ask - me here, how I can control that. My answer is always the same. I can't. It's all a matter of trust. I think, that the folks who are organized within that WBSR team are all gentlemen and men of honor. The good thing... If one does not, I will never know. So it's easy for me to be positive all the time ;)

Serious - I really believe in honor and loyalty. And I believe in the whip makers I call friends.

Robby
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Thank you Robby for that update! I do hope I can reach the point of being able to sell quality whips at some point in the future. I'd happily join in the custom and support animal shelters!

~T.

Return to “Whip Auctions For A Dog Shelter (+++ public thread +++)”