Lucy

I started a charity auction for a dog shelter. Here you find the details.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Oh no, not for all the whips! It's a guy called Erik. He's from the german Indy forum and he supports me very much in all that. He asked me for three whips. Not more. Three from ten I'm going to sell for the charity. And he gave me these 500.- Euros. For three whips...! He fell in love with an australian style two tone bullwhip. Who made that... :)

The first auction starts on monday at 3pm my time. So it'll be earlier in the day in the states. I think, it'l be around 9 or 10 am. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 500wt_1182

I'm not sure if this makes sense - to buy when someone lives in the states. The shipping costs are horrible! But in europe it could become a real bargain. So I hope the folks support me in that.

We'll see, right?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

And now we're at 820 Euro...! That is 1172.00 US Dollar :)

Robby
Jim

Post by Jim »

Ebay said: "Das Angebot (260469046013) wurde entfernt oder der Artikel ist nicht verfügbar."

Did they sell already Robby?

Jim
Last edited by Jim on Sun 30. Aug 2009, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

No :) The auction starts tomorrow at 3pm my time. Until then the auctin doesn't exist. It'll be about 9 or 10 am your time. Then you can follow that link. And yes, they're selling very, very good. The real cool thing is, that the folks in the german Indiana Jones forum bought the whips directly from me even before the first auction started.

Dan Borton put the story on COW. That post had already about 30 views, but no answer...

So the german Indy forum generated these 1172.- US Dollars. Isn't that great?

Robby
Skip

Post by Skip »

Robby wrote:And now we're at 820 Euro...! That is 1172.00 US Dollar :)

Robby
Did you sell another one? :) At this rate you may not have any left for the auction. :lol:

skip
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

This is great Robby, the ebay auctions have not been so good of late for sellers so fantastic news some whips have pre sold for decent money ;)

Fingers crossed they all go and you raise a good sum for a good cause..

Tony :)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Yes, I know. And otherwise it would have been a real problem. But due to the fact that I could sell some whips outside ebay, we have some serious money now. The two whips on ebay are at the moment at about 56.- Euro. That's nearly 80.- US Dollars - and the auctions are running for five more days. And tomorrow the next auction starts...! I hope that we break the 1000.- Euro barrier. We'll see.

Robby
Skip

Post by Skip »

medical attention for animals can be really expensive. Any of us that have or used to have an animal knows this... any amount helps but more is better...

Good job Robby.

skip
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

I don't see a second auction, perhaps you should show us some of that German efficiency and post the URL's the only auction I can find is an 8 foot Skip whip of which I am the current highest bidder :)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

;) FANKU ;)
tomek9210

Post by tomek9210 »

I wrote about your idea and whip auctions on polish forum whips.pl . How many whips do you want to sell Robby?
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Just follow http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 500wt_1182 and from there you can click other auctions from this seller. Thanks for posting it there! I appreciate it!

Robby
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

I posted the links all over the European Fetish forums, whilst they are not fetish whips your selling there are a lot of the fet folk also into their sports whip cracking and targeting.....huge crossover

Tony
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thanks, Tony. We have a good cause here, and everybody who wants to help is welcome!

Robby
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

Bugger, I got outbid, still my bid bumped the price up so it was worth it for that, a few more pennies into the good cause....

Tony:)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

So, here we are. About 15 minutes ago I sent exactly 1266,59 Euro to the dog shelter. That's 1.867,39 US Dollars. The biggest part came from the german Indiana Jones Forum. In fact, they brought about 900.- Euro.

If someone of the german Indy Forum reads this... Ein ganz herzliches Dankeschön an euch! Ihr habt Größe gezeigt, und mich in der Sache nicht alleine gelassen.

That's it from me. I'll have a receipt for the money, and as soon it's here I'll scan it and post it here.

Thanks, Folks...

Robby
Jim

Post by Jim »

Very good Robby :)

Jim
MidWestWhips

Post by MidWestWhips »

Hi Robby,

Great to hear it went so well!!! No doubt the money will do good for the shelter!!!

- Paul
JamesCJr

Post by JamesCJr »

Congratulations Robby.

Return to “Whip Auctions For A Dog Shelter (+++ public thread +++)”