Lucy

I started a charity auction for a dog shelter. Here you find the details.
Robby Amper

Lucy

Post by Robby Amper »

Hi all,

I'd like to ask you something... It's very easy to love a dog when it's alittle, nice puppie. Well, everyone loves them. But what, if it's an old dog. A dog, no one wants? That's it.You're not nice and funny anymore. You cost us. You can die...

Let me introduce you to Lucy.

Lucy was a family member for about 12 years. I loved her to her last hour and still love her. In germany we have a group, called „Boxer Nothilfe“. That means it's an organisation of people who care for these dogs. The sick, the old, the dying. And they're in desperate need of money.

That's the point were you come on the plan.

All of you were so generous to send me whips for the whip basics project. I paid for the pics and the DVDs, you delivered the whips. So, even if you had no sell of a whip basics model, your names become known more and more all over the net.

So here's my idea.

I'd like to start whip auctions for charity. For that dog shelter I mentioned above. One can say now „there are charity auctions for people. Like cancer reserach. Why not support them?“ Trust me - I do support them. My father died from cancer. But now it's time to help the other ones, too.

My plan is, to sell every week another whip. Best offer wins. And in the end I'll give all the money to that shelter. And to make sure that everything went the right way - in other words, to make sure that I don't fill my bags with that money... - I'll post the receipt for the money here and on all the
forums I'll announce that. And to be absolutely sure, here's the homepage of that organisation.

http://www.boxernothilfe.de/index2.html

When everything's done, everybody is free to write them to ask, if that Robert Amper paid that amount of money for the dog shelter. How much that will be? I hope a lot.

Now I need your approval. If you say. „No, my whip was for the shop. I don't want you to do that“ no problem. Your whip won't appear in that charity auctions. Just write your comment here in the WB forum and let me know what you think.

I said to Tony once that the ugliest dog sometimes makes the best friend.
Now it's time to give back some of that friendship. To help these ugly dogs.
Those dogs no one wants, because they're no more little and cute puppies.

What do you think?

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Essentia Whips wrote:I gave you the whips Robby so therefor I consider them YOURS! as they are YOURS! you can do what you like with them....apart from that you did in effect pay for them anyway as the pictures and videos you did as promotion on each cost you more than any of the whips would have cost had you bought them....

I love Boxer dogs so I think thats a great cause :)

I also recently thinned my whip collection out I only have 2 whips now and am only going to take that back up to 4, I used to have lots but as you say they end up collecting dust as you can't crack them all which does make it seem a little pointless (unless of course your a collector) thats my 2p's worth anyway so feel free to sell any or all of the ones I made you...

Tony
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Skip wrote:I feel the same.. any of the whips I sent you, you can do with what you will. They are your whips ... it's a good charity, Go for it. I just hope you get as much for them as you payed in Picture and Video cost.

skip
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Jim wrote:That is certainly ok with me Robby, dogs hold a special place in my heart. So anything to do with helping them is fine with me, plus like the others said, it's your whip.

Are you planing on selling them here or somewhere else. I hate to say the word ebay, but you have a huge number of people looking for whips there.

Jim
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

So get on and get one listed then, they won't sell till you list them :P

Tony
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That thread was visited 69 times at the old place, and 31 times here now. Makes straight 100.

And three answers...?

@Tony - I want to make sure that everybody's comfortable with it. I had contact with Dan Borton from COW, and he'll support me with that project on the COW forum. I don't want to rush anything. If no one else anwers, I'll start the whole thing. It's just funny to see that the folks are online, but don't post. Well... :)

So - in the first line - a big thank you to Tony, Skip and Jim for their help and support. As I said - in the end I'll post the receipt for the money, so everyone can see that it was given to the shelter. Promise.

Robby
Jim

Post by Jim »

I guess that means no one objects Robby, go for it !!
Jim
MidWestWhips

Post by MidWestWhips »

Sorry for the delay Robby, we're shoulder deep here at the moment. ;-)

Lauren and I both echo the previous sentiments, and we are very happy that it is going to a good cause!

- Paul
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Ron wrote:I have had Boxers all my life...absolutely the best breed ever.
By all means sell mine for such a worthy, loyal, and loving breed.
Ron
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

So here we are. I give you my word that every Cent will go to that shelter, and not one single Dime will fill my pockets.

Robby
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

Robby,

I just found this... Haven't been here in a long while (see my latest post).

The whip is yours to do as you wish my friend.

Take care,

Rhett

P.S. We had a boxer when I was young. When we moved back to the ranch, she got eaten by a 10ft alligator. :(
Jim

Post by Jim »

We don't have alligators here, other than than the one that shows up in the news every now and then. Our problem is coyotes. One of my dachshunds was attacked a few nights ago. Luckily, he is a full blooded dachshund (badger hunter) with thick bones. He survived. The vet said he couldn't believe he got away and lived. He is recovering nicely full of pain pills and antibiotics.

Jim
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Sorry to hear that you lost your dog, Rhett. I can imagine how painful this must have been. And Jim - my best wishes for your little friend.

Our problem here are nor alligators nor coyotes. It's cars. Simple cars. The problem here is, that the speed limits are mostly completely ignored. So - if a dog or a cat - walks on a street... If they would drive slow, there would be no problem. But that way a lot of children also die.

Robby
Jim

Post by Jim »

He is recovering well Robby. Tough little bastard.

Jim
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

Just read this Jim, thats horrible I hope he makes a full recovery :(

Tony
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Okay, folks. Lot of work behind the curtain. I contacted several organistions and Forums now, and everyone responded very well to my idea. I'm waiting now for another two "go" from animal protection organisations (sorry - I don't have the right words, but I hope you know what I want to say), and then it starts. I hope and pray that I'll have a lot of money in my hands to give to the dog shelter.

By the way - I'd be more than happy if you could anounce this on your websites, blogs or forums you are involved with. If you like.

Take care,
Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Here we go. The first auction will start on monday. I posted the first pics in the german indy forum. http://indy.mamo-net.de/showtopic.php?i ... e=1#p91817 The response is more than good, and a lot of people support me here. Now I hope that a lot of people spend a lot of money, too...

Robby
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

And here's the first news on our charity... The first whips are sold, even before the first auction started. Gentlemen... We have our first 500.- Euro. That's about 720.00 US Dollar.

Robby
Skip

Post by Skip »

Good News :) That should buy some puppy chow. :)

skip
Jim

Post by Jim »

That's good news Robby. Did someone offer you the 500 Euro's for all those whips before you started to auction?

Jim

Return to “Whip Auctions For A Dog Shelter (+++ public thread +++)”