A new idea. A new project...

The WB Ring of Trust is a group of whip makers with integrity. Their goal is to create transparency, reliability, and the best customer service available.

A big, new project. With great whip makers. Just see for yourself...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Pokkis you are exactly right. I think that it all boils down to greed. When you let greed over take your honesty and the pride in your work, then its a losing situation for everyone involved. Luckily I've only encountered a few dishonest untrusting people in my life. They all left me with a soar taste in my mouth. Since then, I run away from their kind. I didn't realize that their could be dishonest people in such a small community as whip plaiters. I recently read one of Rhett's blogs on the subject and it makes me sad. Ideas like the Ring of Trust still give me hope for mankind.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

Roy Partin wrote:Recently I took my truck to a shop for repair work. This was a large motor company shop that I thought I could trust. The mechanic estimated my repair bill at over $1000 and gave me a list of all the problems he supposedly found. Feeling uneasy about this, I took my truck to a small shop out in the country. The mechanic there replaced a sensor for $50 and now my truck runs like new. So yes, trustworthy people can be hard to find these days. The Ring of Trust is a great idea, and I hope it rubs off on other business's. Trustworthy people are great for a business, but being able to guarantee their trust is awesome for business. Nice work everyone that made it happen.
There are business's I will never deal with, both online and locally. I've been burned a few times. I walked in a shop once and the owner/clerk didn't even look up or acknowledge I was there. I waited around for 10 minutes trying to get help while he just sat there looking at a magazine. I've never been back again.

It's great that we have members that are willing to go the extra mile and serve customers. It is those little touches that make a bad experience good and a good experience exceptional!

Jeff
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Post by Guest »

That's how it goes. You can burn someone only once, after that you will have one less business partner.

- Pokkis
Carl Feairs

Post by Carl Feairs »

I think this is a great idea.
As the knowledge of the Ring spreads I believe it will give buyers great comfort in buying from anyone in the Ring.
The whip makers in the Ring will be the quality assurance.
I don't think any of you will start making an inferior product but if you do you will have wrath of the rest on you!
Again: Great addition to the site Roby!
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you, Carl! :)

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Now we have a little video, which helps to explain everything and introduces the folks who form that group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXJ-v3m9mko

Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Really fine, Robby! An excellent introduction to the Ring of Trust. I hope this might be an inspiration to masters of other crafts as well, with its notion of honour backed up by mutual responsibility.
'Less is often more!'
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Nice video,
Since I've been a member on here, I've only bought whips from forum members for that very reason. ;)
It made all the difference to have a quick chat to members and ask a few questions, see some reviews on their past work and nothing was ever a secret.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Great job, Robby!
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

:) I've already posted the video on my blog Robby.
Jared Routon

Post by Jared Routon »

Good video Robby. We're all glad that the Ring of Trust is coming along as well as it is. I, like Carl, believe that it will bring one extral layer of comfort and trust to the whipmaking community.

Hey Pokkis, the old saying I've always heard is "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

Good job Robby, and also with the new "welcome" video.
Both videos are now on the home page, and the Ring of Trust video is now on the main Ring of Trust page.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Hey!
You're the first who noticed that there is a new "welcome" video on the start page :) !

And on the other vids... Thanks for the compliments to all of you who were so kind to post here!

But without the help of Jonathan, the whole Ring of Trust thing would only be a very small thingy. He did all the graphic work on the page(s), and Tyler made us that beautiful logo.

Like I said - I had the easiest job of all. Have the idea, sit in front of a few cams and talking all day long. The real work was done by others.

Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

Love the video.
Ralph Masemann

Post by Ralph Masemann »

When I saw this video, a shower run down my back. Very good Robby!!!!! And a big thank you for all the members!!! :)

Ralph
Mistakes are just decoration ;)
For technical Support (forum): Look here
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Awesome video Robby, I should have it on my site by tonight, thank you! When I wandered over today, I was getting my coffee and I heard your voice on the intro, and still being groggy it took a minute for it to click that it was a new intro too. I think 2014 is going to be a good year, it's off to a great start :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Both videos are great! I love the new intro, but it was good someone pointed it out because I just go strait to the the forum instead of the the home page.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Very honored, proud, and happy to be a part of this. Thanks Robert for providing the initiative and leadership.
Cool logo Tyler!!!!
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
John M. Jackson-Tree

Post by John M. Jackson-Tree »

Great Job Rob I liek it and love the idea.. I have not with whips but other iteams bugh and then when they were realy bad try to bring them back and no reponce or sorry you did somethign wrong.. I rather make a whole new whip for the person then to let them be dispaoined that I do not stand behind the ones I make for them.. :) Great job in forming the ring .. Some day I may be there and ready to be there but for now I just look up to them and hope to be as honorable adn well known as the ring is ..
Derek Pulsifer

Post by Derek Pulsifer »

I think the ring of trust is a great idea, especially when all one has to do is take a look at ebay and all the garbage being toted as the best whip evar!

Hopefully this let's people order from the member's with confidence that they are truly getting a whip created by a professional.

Return to “A New Idea. And A Whole New Project! (+++ public thread +++)”