A new idea. A new project...

The WB Ring of Trust is a group of whip makers with integrity. Their goal is to create transparency, reliability, and the best customer service available.

A big, new project. With great whip makers. Just see for yourself...
Jared Routon

Post by Jared Routon »

This is outstanding Robby and thanks for all the work and effort you personally put in on the behalf of the whipmaking community.

Question: Will this section be only visable to members of WB or will you make it visable to anyone who gets on the site? I feel personally that you should make it public so that anyone either member or not can get a good reference openly and honestly. Trust me that when the word gets out that you can get a good honest and an open look at a whipmakers work and customer service it will take off like a wild fire.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Robby, I see your vision and I am so happy to be a part of this. Thank you for including me. xox
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Bobbi - the honor is mine. I'm glad and happy to have you in the boat!

Terry - you have my word. When you sell your whips, and when you can live up to these standards... You'll become a Ring member. It'll take time, sure. But when you are ready - I'll be there for you.

Jared - I'm with you a 100%! As soon as the site is finished - like I said, give us, give Jonathan time for that - it will be open for everybody and everywhere! It wouldn't make too many sense, if only WB forum members could see it.

The WB Ring of Trust will be open for all the folks. Worldwide.

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Jared Routon

Post by Jared Routon »

Once again many thanks Robby and thank you Jonathan for working on this project. It will help out many people in the future.
Keanu Shimaoka

Post by Keanu Shimaoka »

That's awesome Robby

Congrats to: Rhett, Tyler, Bobbi and Simon.

Jonathan, the retired whipmaker you're thinking of is Ron Allen.
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

That's it! thank you Keanu.
Alex Lewis

Post by Alex Lewis »

Thank you Robby for putting this project into motion.

Congratulations to Rhett, Tyler, Bobbi and Simon.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I told Robby in e-mail that I think it's an great idea- and now let me thank you publicly Robby, for including me and for your work promoting making and cracking whips :)

A long time ago, I bought a custom knife that I really liked. But- the sheath sucked. In fact, it fell apart. I contacted the maker, or tried to, and was ignored. So, I'll never buy from him again or recommend anyone else to do so either. In the meantime, I found someone else to make me a sheath and paid up front. And waited....And waited...etc....I finally had to threaten legal action to get my sheath, 7 months later after being told it would take a week. The sheath is great! The knife is great! The service from both vendors sucked horribly! I mention it because I think that other crafts would benefit from this kind of idea. I myself am gun shy now about making large purchases from people I don't know because of this, and so when Robby told me about his idea it was like a ray of light. I'm honored to be in this group with Bobbi, Rhett, and Simon, and I can't wait to see the site and how this all develops.
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Caleb Krug

Post by Caleb Krug »

I think this is a great idea! I hope the work goes smoothly for You guy's working on the new web-site.
Gideon Rodgers

Post by Gideon Rodgers »

Robby - 100% I think it is a step in the right direction.

What I was saying was.
It is sad that some people can have such a love for profit and money that they take advantage of the ones that give them there business.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

And here are the names of the last two Whip Makers who joined me in the

Einar Stephenson and Giovanni Celeste

With these two the Ring is complete, now. We're working behind the curtain
and it won't take very long now, to make everything public!

So here is the 1st generation all together:

Tyler Blake. Bobbi HolyOak. Giovanni Celeste. Rhett Kelley.
Einar Stephenson. Simon Martin.

And working in the cole mines to keep the fire burning...
Jonathan Lewis and your's truly. Me :)

Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Congratulations Einar and Giovanni!
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Yes,

this is something new in the world of whips.
I think we're all in agreement that whip-cracking as a sport as we know it has become increasingly more popular, as a result the demand for whips has and will increase.
This is a good thing, but also it leaves a lot of people at the mercy of crooks who'll be in it for the profit and nothing else.

Like this a potential new buyer can make an educated decision before spending hard earned dollars.
I look forward to promoting this. It's a brilliant service that will successfully separate the good from the bad. The influneces all come from the best in the business who already have an established reputation.
And it feels great that I know most of them through this very site and have whips made by a few of them. :)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Yesterday I was talking to Bobbi. And I told her, that I know, that out there are enough folks, who will say:"Ah, who needs that nonsense? Nobody!". There will be whip makers saying: "I don't need that weird Ring of Trust. I guarantee for myself!" Yep.

Actually no one needs that Ring of Trust. Until it is needed…

I had reports, emails and calls from customers who were treated more than bad by "whip makers", asking me for help. All I could tell them was, to contact the whip maker to settle things. And the answers were all the time the same:

He/she refused to accept my complaint. The heel knot of my whip just slipped of. The whip maker told me that I simply cracked my whip too hard. I can have it repaired, but I'll have to pay. End of line.

I contacted the whip maker, but there was no response. End of line.

And that is exactly the point were the WBRoT comes in. When a customer buys a whip from one of the members of the WBRoT, he does not only buy from a single whip maker. He has all the other whip makers right by his side. And that is the difference! In such a moment the customers will know, why the whip maker they ordered from is not a member of the Ring.

I mean… Imagine this: Whip makers with a first class reputation for long years of service, craftsmanship and quality, who do not only state that they guarantee for their own work, no, no, no… The whip makers with all their more than good reputation guarantee and vouch with their good names for the work, the quality and the service of other whip makers! Have you ever heard about something like that?

The next thing is, that a customer doesn't have to pay a single cent more than the regular prices on the list. It's all about to set a new standard in customer service. No more. No less. And again - the WBRoT is a pure dictatorship. A whip maker will be invited into that elite Ring of Trust. It's not a thing where to just have to register and that's it. And - believe it or not - in the meantime I had four emails from Whip makers who'd like to join the Ring. I feel honored, no doubt. But - like I said - you have to be invited.

Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Robby - I take exception to the statement that the WBRoT is setting a 'new standard' in customer service. In all truth, it seems to me that the WBRoT is recalling customer service from times in the past. A time when each manufacturer of any product proudly stood by his wares. He was seen as a fair person by his peers. He (or she) took constructive feedback and if a problem rose, rushed to resolve it. Although, the WBRoT is such a good thing!!

Sadly that level of customer service has fallen out of fashion. Partly due to situations just like the market we are in. I am a beginner in the world of nylon whips. It won't be much longer before I am offering them for sale to the general public. Now, at the age of 47 I happen to have over 20 years of Customer Service training. I know how to develop good customer relationships. I know how to build that relationship beyond the sale. I was raised with the ideal of being a man of my word. I'd wager the majority of new nylon whip retailers do not have such a background. They're younger. They've had no training in the world of customer service. Hey its the internet after all. Why not make a fast buck? If the product breaks tomorrow, oh well. Now I know that all of our members here at WB has a strong sense of ethics and morals. Else they'd not stay here. Not all plaiters out there selling their wares have the correct settings on their ethical or moral compasses. The WBRoT will certainly shine a light on that and in time become the normal way of doing business again and not something new, weird, or different.

(I really should not post prior to finishing my coffee and waking up. It seems I have a tendency to ramble.)

~T
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Robby, I love when you wrote that "Actually, no one needs the ring of trust. Until its needed..." That put the biggest smile on my face because it is so True.

I'm amazed that you are already getting requests from whip makers to join. It just shows that the RoT is needed and others see the value of being a part of such a group. This was the right time to take action. I'm proud of you for taking action so quickly. Well everyone took action... Tyler "whipped" out a cool logo and Jonathan is working magic on the pages and Rhett is so excited that he already has the logo in place. Yay! Good job, Men. I'm grateful to be included in a group like this who has the ability to move on an idea quickly.
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

Very happy to be a part of this. I have wanted something like this for several years. Thanks Robby for providing the initiative and leadership. Indeed, the logo rocks Tyler!! I'm totally blown away by everything!
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Perhaps it's a german thing - or just a Robby one; I don't know. But I think, if something is good, it has to be done. Period. I hate these endless debates, no matter what. "I want this, I think that, they don't want this but would like to have that and perhaps we could, perhaps you should..." and so on.

I'm used to make decisions. Clear, fast and consequent. I don't like to wait for answers. For example - Chris Barr agreed to join the Masters Gallery. We wrote a few emails. But then it took him more and more time to answer. I don't expect novels. But I expect a contemporary response. That's a matter of respect. At least to me. So - no Chris Barr. I set his account back to "wait for registration".

I absolutely understand if someone is busy. But everybody - everybody - has time to write something like: "Dear xyz, I'm swamped with work, right now. I'll answer you within the next week!" Again - everybody can type that. You know, I don't make a difference if someone is a well known whip maker or a "simple" member of the forum. Everybody is a human being that has to be respected. And if someone doesn't respect me... Well.

It's more than amazing what Jonathan and Tyler did on that new project. I had the most simple part - I just had to develop the idea. And the fact, that Rhett has the logo on his page already, shows me how much he believes in that. And that again reminds me on my responsibility to the folks who follow me in that adventure, these great whip makers. To have these great folks by my side.

Simon Martin
Member of the Ring

Post by Simon Martin »

Well done to everyone that has made this come into being. I'll be adding the fantastic LOGO to my website asap.
I'm looking forward to being a part of this fantastic team and having trust in each one to do the job expected of us.
Keep on cracking.
Simon
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

No pun intended, right Bobbi? :P Thanks to all for the kind words on the logo, for my part- it was a partnership with Jonathan. I really love how he did the gradation on the lettering, it makes it look like a sheriff's badge. I'm honored to be here with these fine folks- Thanks Robby!
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Return to “A New Idea. And A Whole New Project! (+++ public thread +++)”