Bobbie Holyoak

Archive
Caleb Krug

Post by Caleb Krug »

Cool whips Bob! The oxidized handle idea sounds really really neat! I can't wait to see developments of this in the future.
Ben Rezendes

Post by Ben Rezendes »

Very Cool work Bobbi! I too was surprised at how inexpensive your whips are! Not that I'm complaining. I'm currently trying to save up what little change I can to buy a few whips (all I have are my own!) and you are on the top of my list! I love your work.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thanks Caleb. Yay! Someone else is calling me Bob. :) Right now I am in love with the green oxidation with the shiny copper... but I have dreams of doing my logo in black and a swirly design in green.... That kind of thing my only be for me though. It would be labor intensive.

Thanks Ben, I would love to work with you on a whip sometime. It looks to me like your own whips are really nice. I like the handle you are working on now.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

We're producing a review on Bobbi's show whip next week. Then you'll see a bit more :) Here's a screenshot...

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Really cool, Robby! I wonder how many others have turned their cracker keeper into a pendant? It makes me happy to think we are matching.

Post by Guest »

You really make some good looking whips, I like everything about them. And the gemstones? I wouldn't call them justy "girly", they give a nice, contrasting touch. Me like a lot :)

Also I have to agree with previous comments about the copper handles. It just works, kind of gives the show whips more soul and attitude in some steampunkish kind of way. Metal is always metal.

I've been really busy and preoccupied with all things not whips, unfortunately, so haven't yet seen the video of the Bodlak handle one. It looks different for sure, but not still sure what it actually does. Looks like a chore to plait over so it must have a point.

More, please :)

- Pokkis
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thank you for all the kind words, Pokkis. :)
I LOVE all things steampunk.... and dress the part quit often. One day when I have the time I want to make a whip handle with metal gears and wire wrap. I have some glass dragon eyeballs that I think would look crazy good on a whip like that.

Post by Guest »

You. Are. Officially. Awesome.

- Pokkis
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Bob!! I'm making a steampunk bullwhip as we speak. It has a copper T handle with metal gears and, suprise, suprise, wire wrap. I'll get pics up tomorrow...

~T.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

That just put the biggest smile on my face!! Great minds...with the wire wrap. There can never be too many steampunk whips in the world.... I'll try not to copy you too bad when I make mine. ;)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Folks... You are cool...! :)

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Carl Feairs

Post by Carl Feairs »

I guess I am totally out of it! Steampunk?
Ben Rezendes

Post by Ben Rezendes »

Ha! This is awesome! I can't wait to see some steampunk bull whips! I had my own idea's for using wire wrap handle. I work a lot with swords and it is a common handle technique. I was thinking of modeling a whip handle after an 18th century small sword. Not sure how I would do the guard…. We shall see!

Carl- Steam punk is a Mix of Modern and Victorian/edwardian styling. If that era had never ended and the steam engine was our primary power…. Lots of gadgets and trinkets and leather. Top hats with monocles but your top hat is actually a clock and your sword cain has a compass in it that when removed becomes the key to your airship… Steam punk.
Last edited by Ben Rezendes on Sat 29. Mar 2014, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

Welcome to the Gallery Bobbi. Great work. :)
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thanks, Rhett. I'm not sure how I missed your comment. :)

I just wanted to share this picture. Not because it is the greatest whip but because of how perfectly it matches my lilacs.

Its a 6 foot, 12 plait Sonic alignment whip. I made it slightly heavier than normal and I think that I need to adjust the formula just a bit because I have a gap in one of my drops. Anyway, it is pretty and makes me happy.

Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

Very nice Bobbi. I really like the green with the lilac. That must be a "Tropical-Birds-Eye" pattern.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

That is a lovely whip, and a well-composed picture :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Carl Feairs

Post by Carl Feairs »

Very nice whip Bobbi:
My lalacs are a bit behind yours! No leaves and about a 2" covering of snow last night. I still think spring will come (date unknown)
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

Nice whip Bobbi, I always like a birdseye plait. Jealous of the Lilacs though, the grass is just barely green, and we went from mid 60's back down into the 20s with some snow.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thanks everyone! :) Tropical birds eye... I love it!

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”