Bobbie Holyoak

Archive

Post by Guest »

Wow, Bobbi! Three beautiful whips... no, fifteen or more beautiful designed whips. I like the variety of color schemes. Thanks for sharing.

jose
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Beautiful and stubbing as always.
Great choiceof color
Bobbi!
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That Valkyrie in chocolate and cherry is simply awesome. That color combination would've never come into my mind. But to see it now looks as natural as could be. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Bobbi you have been a busy little bee. I agree, chocolate and cherry is looking mighty fine but they all look splendid. Thanks for sharing that big pile of whips.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Those are beautiful, lovely work as always! Fantastic plaiting!
Inch by inch.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thanks everyone! Now back to work for me! ;)
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Awesome Bobbi! I too, just love that chocolate cherry one in particular. They all look great though, and I'm always inspired by your productivity - especially in that quality!
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Awesome, I love your work Bobbi.
My favorite is the Valkyrie in chocolate and cherry, too. :D :D :D
This is a fine color combination. ;) ;)

All the best
Mario
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Very beautiful, Bobbi - as everyone has said so eloquently - but I'd be happy with a Valkyrie in any colour! :)
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

I just can't believe how much you produce. Well, I honestly don't even know for certain, but if "a few" means something like that, it's more than most whipmakers with a day job and a family.

And yes, that Valkyrie looks really cool :)

- Pokkis
Devin Bauer

Post by Devin Bauer »

Wonderful work as always Bobbi, I am particularly intrigued by the Cherry Chocolate, I whipped up a sample of those colors a while back, but it takes a whip like yours to really do it justice.
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Sorry I'm late to this but can only echo what the others have said. That handle on the 8' is outstanding.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Sorry that I'm late thanking all of you for your kind comments. I really do appreciate all of them.

So, here is a picture of the lemon meringue whip that I was cussing about earlier. I'm sure it is stained green by now, but it was beautiful and bright when I sent it out. (I just occurred to me that I name lots of whips after food.... lol!)

Here are 2 South Korea whips... I didn't take a picture of it but the handles have the South Korea flag in the heel knot.

Here is the 12 footer that I sent out today. and the last picture is the snake that inspired it so it makes more sense.

Taylor Jennings

Post by Taylor Jennings »

Ummmm...yeah, just WOW...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

I just had to pick my jaw up off the floor. They are all awesome but that 12ft bull is incredible. Is that a California King snake? With all the drama in your life and you can still put out this work, I have much respect.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

So incredible. Bobbi, you are such an inspiration.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Thanks everyone. You make me blush.
I believe the snake is a San Fransisco garter snake. They are on the endangered species list.... probably because they can't hide very well.

I do like how that whip turned out. It is really really strait and the handle turned out cool and snake like.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

That's a fabulous inspired whip you made.. They're all beautiful, but the San Francisco garter snake whip? I can only echo Taylor... WOW!!
Inch by inch.
Andreas Reich

Post by Andreas Reich »

So perfect and beautyfull work - especially the 12 foot bullwhip. And I never saw a snake like this.

Post by Guest »

That 12-footer is awesome! I'm normally not that much into bright and flashy, but the pattern is really cool. You managed to capture the snake's appearance pretty nicely there. Looks like a beefy whip too, 18-plait overlay and all.

- Pokkis

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”