Einar Stephenson

Archive
Robby Amper

Einar Stephenson

Post by Robby Amper »

This is the Gallery of Einar Stephenson.

http://www.floridacrackerbullwhips.com

In the section: Whip Basics - The Video Reviews -
you will find a documentary on his work.

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

This is a whip I recently sent out to a customer it is constructed of vegetable tanned latigo steer hide. The whip is 10 feet in length with a 9 inch handle. The whip is naturally falling with two plaited bellies and features all braided construction no bolsters are used. The overlay is 12 plait with 8 seam work on the handle and 4 seam work throughout the thong the whip finishes with a 6 plait point. The fall is 30” and constructed from 7 ounce latigo steer hide.
Last edited by Einar Stephenson on Thu 6. Feb 2014, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

Very pretty,
I really like the heel-knot on this one. Looks like it would fit snug in a hand. Nice length too, I like 10 footers.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Let me tell you from 1st hand… These knots are really more than handy! When I did the review on Einar's whips, I was surprised about how good these knots fit into your hand. The shape is - unusual, but very practical.
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Einar Stephenson

Thank you Fritz and Robby for the comments I try to make the whips I construct as ergonomic as I can form is important but fit even More so if you plan on using the whip for any length of time. I also don't take very good photos so the angle that I shot this picture at makes the butt knobb look a little longer than it realy is.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Hi Einar,
your whip looks very nice and stiff!!!
in my opinion you should have put a fall slightly thicker and rounded.
In any case, it is always a great whip!
Congratulations
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

That does look awesome Einar. And like Fritz and Robby, I also like the heel knot, which is certainly unusual looking.
Einar Stephenson

Thank You gentlemen for the comments.

Post by Guest »

This is a beautiful whip, very streamlined and with nice colors. How does the leather on the knots look like after some aging?

The heel knot does look strange. Mostly just because it's somewhat unusual, but that doesn't make it look ugly or out of place. Function over form is a nice principle, and that knot has both once I looked at it for a while. Looking good indeed.

- Pokkis
Einar Stephenson

Thank you Pokkis for the comments the leather tends to darken with use more so on the handle the natural oils from the skin of the hand and dirt on ones hand tend to contribute to the darkening.
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

Gorgeous whip Einar! I'm a fan. :)
Einar Stephenson

Thank you Rhett for the compliment.
Keanu Shimaoka

Post by Keanu Shimaoka »

That is a beautifully shaped heel knot. The color looks great as well.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Very cool Einar! As mentioned above, I love the knot- I like the look as well as what I imagine it would feel like. I think ergonomics are sometimes overlooked with whips (and other tools for that matter)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Einar Stephenson

Thank you Keanu and Tyler your input is always valued.
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Beautiful whip, I like the color and this great design of the ergonomic heel knot. You make a very good job, Einar. ;)

Best wishes,

Mario
Einar Stephenson

Thank you much Mario
Einar Stephenson

This whip recently went out to a customer it is a 7' 16 plait two belly nylon bullwhip I relay like the color combination it was chosen by the customer and I would have never thought to mix these colors. But it is one of my favorites.
Last edited by Einar Stephenson on Fri 24. Jan 2014, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.
Einar Stephenson

This whip is part of a new product line for me the Performer series it recently went out to its new owner. These whips are designed with a faster action than I would normally build in to one of my whips. They are more for fast routines or targeting. The whip is 6' in length with a 14" fiberglass handle, two plaited bellies and 16 plait overlay.
Last edited by Einar Stephenson on Fri 24. Jan 2014, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

So beautiful! I love the blue one.

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”