Einar Stephenson

Archive
Chris Barr

Post by Chris Barr »

Beautifull finish on the vege tanned whip Einar.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers
Chris
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

Thank You bobbi and Chris for the compliments I am grateful.

Post by Guest »

The performer series whip looks like a lot of fun to crack. A fiberglass handle that long probably has a good deal of flex to it, can you feel it while cracking?

- Pokkis
Einar Stephenson

The handle thickness I use allows only a slight bit of flex barley perceptible in my opinion. But it lightens the overall waight of the whip and is impervious to the elements.
Dusty Damrel

Post by Dusty Damrel »

I know there have been plenty of comments about the heel knot but I like it. What was your method for building it up to that shape?

-Dusty
Einar Stephenson

I use skived leather strips to build the shape I want.
Einar Stephenson

This whip is 8 feet long in 16 plait it was made for a customer who wanted a coral snake color pattern. Its my take on the coral snake and the customer was satisfied and that's all that matters.
Last edited by Einar Stephenson on Sun 26. Jan 2014, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
Einar Stephenson

This whip although quite plane, is 10 feet in length with a 16 plait overlay in chocolate brown. it went to a missionary to the Masai people in Africa. He wanted something tough that would ware well in the rough environment.
Last edited by Einar Stephenson on Tue 4. Feb 2014, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Porter

Post by Chris Porter »

I am a fan.
Very neat plaiting and knots….

Chris
Einar Stephenson

Thank you Chris.
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

I think its cool that you had a missions order like that. I had one circa several years ago that ended up in the hands of some missionaries in Sudan. That was a special build for me.
Einar Stephenson

I totaly understand Rhett the Masei whip was a very special build for me as well.
Ralph Masemann

Post by Ralph Masemann »

Wow! Very nice whips! I linke your Whips :)

Ralph
Mistakes are just decoration ;)
For technical Support (forum): Look here
Einar Stephenson

Thank You Ralph for the kind words.
Einar Stephenson

Here are three whips that I recently sent out to an international customer, he wanted the patterns to match a whip I had made for another customer quite some time ago that he had seen on my website. The whip lengths are 4, 6, and 8 feet. They are all too plaited bellies with 16 Plait overlays in neon orange and black. It was quite time-consuming matching the patterns on all three whips to what the customer had seen previously. But I think they turned out pretty well after all.
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

Oh man, I bet that was time consuming!! Very sharp. :)
Einar Stephenson

Thank you sir mush appreciated.
Jared Routon

Post by Jared Routon »

Man Einar! These are some awesome whips. I especially like the three matched whips. They are really nice. I bet they'd glow like the sun under black light.
Einar Stephenson

I think they probably would, thanks for the comments.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Very good work, Einar. More - impressive! I think, the missionary has a tool, that'll serve him for lifetime. And the other ones... Art. The art of braiding!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”