Einar Stephenson

Archive
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

Very nice! It really will show up on stage. I like single belly whips for my self.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

That's wonderfully vivid, Einar - just the thing for a stage performance, and at 11 feet, it should do the job brilliantly! I really admire your work!
'Less is often more!'
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

Thank you all for the kind words and yes Devin the overlay is 12 plait.
Last edited by Einar Stephenson on Tue 3. Jun 2014, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Cool Einar! Very striking! Is this a blacklight show? Although I imagine it will pop out well under any light :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Einar, very nice indeed. I learned recently with a single belly 8 footer they are indeed lighter and quicker, not to mention a bit thinner as well. Should do some very nice wraps with that whip!
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That is super shiny Einar and should be perfect for its purpose.
He died for me, I'll live for him
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That's good for a show. It's visible and has a bright color. Great job, Einar! One thing on the copyright "stamp" in the picture. I read there "2008". Did I see right, or was it a blurred image?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

What a beauty Einar !!!! Really great looking whip!!!! I like so much the choice balck and green really fine for the show!!!
Congrats
Gio
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it

Post by Guest »

I've seen this one before, at least I think I have. A cool one nonetheless, it will probably look really cool on stage. What I've found about bright colored whips tho is that they look veeery blurry in photos. That might be because I'm not much of a photographer, or not. I guess there are people way more qualified here to say something about that.

- Pokkis
Carl Feairs

Post by Carl Feairs »

Nice looking whip. Does it actually swell in diameter from the handle to about the 2' mark or is that just the photo fooling me?
I am just building my first 12plait bull whip. Just cut out the overlay tonight.
Einar Stephenson

Thank you all for your comments Tyler I think the part of the production ware the whip will be used will be in black light as they wanted a neon green. Robby you noticed something I missed when watermarking the photos I did not update the date template, surprising what I miss as I get older. Pokkis and Carl My photographic skills are limited as you can see the swell you see in the thong is an illusion created by the angle of the shot and my pore photography skills.
Einar Stephenson

Here is a matched pair of 5’ performer bullwhips that went out to the customer. They have a fiberglass handle foundation and are constructed to provide a faster action than my standard bullwhips. Thay are optimized for fast routines like the volley and work equally well for targeting.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Cool Einar! Are those gold and black, or is that just my monitor?
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

They look great!
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

Nice Einar. The double-checkerboard and 4 pass knots really compliment the high-contrast colors to create a very bold, almost primitive look.
Einar Stephenson

Thank you all for the comments and yes Tyler the whips are black and gold. Hopefully one day very soon I will figure out how to shoot these whips to get good photos.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Looks great Einar nice shape
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Very elegant, Einar!
'Less is often more!'
Einar Stephenson

Thank you Gio and Robert
Einar Stephenson

I sent this matched set of 4 ‘bullwhip out to a customer recently, he has been kind enough to purchaser several of my whip over the years.

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”