Giovanni Celeste

Archive
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Fantastic work, Giovanni! They're all very fine, but I specially like the elegant green and black snake whip. The dog lead is super!
'Less is often more!'
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

thanks indeed Robert i', very glad and a little bit pride you like my works :-)
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

Giovanni, those are all quite lovely. I really like the creativity you express along with your fine craftsmanship.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Thanks indeed Jonathan,
I always try to push my chances over..keeping an eye on the past and the other eye on the future
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Fine work Gio- That raiders leash is really cool, and I agree with Jonathan about the snake- the green and black is very subtle, and the hitch looks great.
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Many Thanks Tyler!!!
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

I'm a proud owner of an eight footer made by Gio.
When the weather dries out a bit more, I'll be getting out to have a play with it. It's been hanging in my room looking pretty for too long.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

hi Fritz,
your words gives me immense pleasure that you are proud to have one of my whip.
But in all these months you ever didn't cracked this whip? I don't care :)
If so,a few days before going to crack the whip give it a good leather conditioner a little bit on the thong and a good leather conditioner on the fall.
Last edited by Giovanni Celeste on Wed 5. Mar 2014, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

I've cracked it once or twice briefly, but my back yard is a bit small and I can't really swing anything loinger than a six footer about.
It's been treated with leather conditioner which has been caringly carressed into the thong while it's been wintering.
I don't keep any of my whips in the bag over winter, mainly because I didn't want to keep them rolled up for very long.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

You are right Fritz, as many Big whipmakers say the best way to preserve the whip is use it and don't keep it rolled for a long time.
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Hi Guys,
In the absence of a whip that has some aesthetic feature that makes it special, I have the pleasure of showing you this 10ft raiders style just made.
Regards
Gio
Bobbi Holyoak

Post by Bobbi Holyoak »

What a great whip!
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Thank so much Bobbi!!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

That's an extremely elegant whip, Gio!
'Less is often more!'
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

You are very Kind George
thanks a lot!!!
Enoch Compagnoni

Post by Enoch Compagnoni »

Bravo Giovanni!
From an italian to another i say: it makes me proud to see how much the other guys love your work as i do.
Keep going!

Enoch
Terry Shaw

Post by Terry Shaw »

Gio - you stated 'each whip I build is better than the last'. I completely understand and agree with that statement. This whip is delightful in it's simplicity. A very clean and elegant whip. I envy your skill in leather! I also like your trademark tag of leather as well.

~T.
Jonathan Lewis

Post by Jonathan Lewis »

Beautiful Gio. I'm not usually a big fan of Indy-style whips, but this one is elegant and beautiful.
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Oh wow, :P :P this Indy-Whip looks very elegant and smooth you make a fantastic job, Gio.

Best wishes,

Mario
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Another fine whip Gio- I like how you used a darker brown for the transition knot, it makes it "pop"
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”