Tyler Blake

Archive
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Mario! :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Hi Everyone,
Here are a couple of interesting snakes:

This was originally going to be my Pipe whip prototype, but it came out just a wee bit too thin, so I thought it would make a nice Exosnake. I've wanted to do the red, black and yellow Coral snake pattern that Rhett and others do for a long time, so I went ahead with it here. It has a 6 foot thong, and it's bound at the base so it has nice leverage. I'll stick a video in the appropriate section, and both of these will go in the Sale and trade thread.

And then this one here, is kind of opposite, because it was supposed to be an exosnake, but the customer asked me to try loading both bellies and it came out too thick- it would have been HUGE with a carapace, so I made him another one and finally got around to turning this one into a snake:

It's 3.5' long, the person who it was intended for lives in Singapore, and felt he might get in trouble with a whip in a park so he was mostly going to practice in a tiny apartment.

Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Tyler, these are both very fine! I really like the red, black and yellow carapace, and the all-black little guy looks very serious. Really good work. (I also like your grapevine: it looks very stylish.) :)
'Less is often more!'
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thank you Robert!
Giovanni Celeste
Member of the Ring

Post by Giovanni Celeste »

Like always, Great and fine whips Tyler!!!!
"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity". www.giovanniceleste.it
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

That carapace looks really good. It's never occurred to me to decorate with a 'half' covering like that.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Beautiful work, that first one is too cool!
Inch by inch.
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That carapace and TH really pop out from the black thong, very creative, unique and beautiful Tyler.
He died for me, I'll live for him

Post by Guest »

Cool! The coral snake carapace really goes well with the black thong, especially when the yellow strands don't go all the way to the end.

How does the black one feel with the loaded bellies?

- Pokkis
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Ah, come on... I hate it when you do that. You show so much great skills - yet alone the seams!!! - your whips are fantastic, and I don't have the money to buy all of them :) I remember the first whip you sent me for my expertise, long years ago. And when I compare that to what you do now... I am careful with the word "master". But there's a reason why I invited you to the Mssters Gallery. I would love to say something new. But all I can do is to repeat myself over and over: Great work, Tyler. Amazing quality and craftsmanship.

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Sir Roger Tuson

Tyler, when you say 'loaded bellies', what do you mean? Is there weight loading added somehow to both bellies?

Post by Guest »

Great and very stylish whips Tyler! And as usual very high craftsmanship quality looking whips. Thanks for sharing.

Jose
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thank you Gio, Roger, Rachel, and Roy! Thanks Pokkis, the black one with the loaded bellies feels good, it helps to have the extra weight in a whip that short. It's very kinetic, if that makes sense.
Thanks Robby! You shall make me blush!
Roger, when I talk about loaded bellies on any of my whips, what I'm doing is running leaded fishing line through all the strands of that belly. I've mostly just done that on the first belly, it ads a little weight and not too much thickness. Also, the weight tapers as the strands drop. And when you do it on two bellies...it adds a lot more weight and significant thickness. I've mostly done it on shorter whips, although I did recently put it on a Night train for Fritz, (first belly only) and I liked it. Sometime I mean to try loading two bellies on a long whip, it will sure be heavy!
Thank you Jose!
Sir Roger Tuson

That's very interesting Tyler. No need for BBs. Cool.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I haven't tried BB's in years, but just to clarify that is still over a bead chain core. Dacron is quite a bit lighter than paracord.
Fritz Ehlers

Post by Fritz Ehlers »

I reckon a 10 footer with two loaded bellies would be really good.
The Might Train you made me has a very nice balance, I don't know what the original one is in comparison, but I like this one a lot.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Fritz! I think this more "responsive" than the original night train- I'm keeping this as a permanent feature. I definitely want to do a long one, like you said a 10 footer, with both bellies loaded eventually.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Tyler, you whet my appetite something fierce! :)
'Less is often more!'
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks Robert :)

Post by Guest »

Wow really cool coral snake. They really compliment each other with the exowhip design. I'd love to have a dacron whip.

Also thanks for sharing the thing about loading bellies!

Return to “Masterpieces & Craftsmen (public archive)”