Article in a german Lifestyle magazine

The GEAR magazine is for all outdoors and adventurer stuff. This time about whips.
Robby Amper

Article in a german Lifestyle magazine

Post by Robby Amper »

In the GEAR magazine (it's about outdoor stuff, tools, jackets, knifes, tents and all that) was an article, a portrait about Whip Basics and me :)
The text is all german, but you can see the pics. The story tells about how I started the WB project, how I came to whips in general and so on.
It tells about the help for the animal shelters which is connected to WB
and shows some whips. It shows whips from Rhett Kelley and Skip, too. But both weren't here for a long time.

And - yes - germans love this cowboy look...

Enjoy,
Robbby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Kinky_swede (Passed away)

Post by Kinky_swede (Passed away) »

Looks like a nice article, congrats!
Right now i'm sorry that i'm so bad at the german language :-(

/Kent
Einar Stephenson

Post by Einar Stephenson »

Congratulations, positive publicity is always a good thing!
Stephane Normand

Post by Stephane Normand »

Congratulations Robby!! That's just awesome.

Looks like Rhett, Guy, Tyler, and a few other makers may just benefit from the article as well !

I was just thinking the other day about how I've never seen an article on whips in a gear magazine, funny how these things happen
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Cool! Thanks for posting this, Robby! I've never wished I was bilingual more than I do now :) Do you know if they will ship back issues to the US? Even though I can't read German I wouldn't mind having some copies of that. Happy cracking,
Tyler
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Jeremy McEachern

Post by Jeremy McEachern »

That's awesome! Congrats :)
John M. Jackson-Tree

Post by John M. Jackson-Tree »

can not read of word of Greman but it look well done and Congrads ! it is good to see complents where they are well deservied and thank you Robby for all that you do for us here as well and in the Mag :)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Well done, and congratulations!
Guy Washburn

Post by Guy Washburn »

Congrats Robby, it's great when someone who has given sooo much is recognized for their contributions:) Your passion for an art that we all love is unparalleled!
As Tyler had hinted, is there anyway we can get an issue here in the US?

Gut gemacht Mein Freund
~Guy~
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

What I do is only possible because of the passion you whipmakers have!
All I can do is to crack a whip and teach the art. Without the whipmakers,
these artists, I could do nothing. So I have to say thanks to all of you!

And for the magazine... I already gave Tyler the contacts. Perhaps he can order some magazines for those who are interested...?

All the best,
Robby
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Let's see how many people over here in the States are interested- just post a reply here :)
Guy Washburn

Post by Guy Washburn »

Count me in Tyler...........~Guy~
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Would love a copy Myself. Robby you under estimate your worth in this Whipmaking Community. Without your advice and the reviews the new makers would have problems getting started as quickly as they do.
It seems you give Something to aim for.
Every one needs a push sometimes and You certainly help.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thank you for the kind words. All I do is telling the truth and the facts. When folks ask me what I am, I keep telling them that I'm kinda ground school teacher up to third grade. The title "whip master" is used so inflationary... I'm happy with what I am and what I do :) Anyway - thanks again!

Robby
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Update: I've e-mailed them but not heard anything back yet. I'll try them again, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Robby, I consider you to be on a level with the late great Ron Edwards in terms of helping to preserve and revive the arts of whipcracking and whipmaking :)
Andree

Post by Andree »

Tyler, i can't agree more.
We just need to tell the facts and the truth.
Guy Washburn

Post by Guy Washburn »

Gotta' Echo that sentiment Tyler :) @Robby, my 3rd grade teacher was more inspiring than most of the people that I have met in my life....Don't sell yourself short :) Kudos, ~Guy~
ps- Tyler yer' inbox is full :(
Victor

Post by Victor »

A bit late for me, but wow :) very nice. I'm sure this will go a long way in the introduction of whips in the modern world.
Redx

Post by Redx »

thats an insanely nice spread. usually when people get an article for a mag its not so many pages and portraits of people. not the mag's i get anyway.

Very Well Done Everyone! Very Nice.
Rhett Kelley

Post by Rhett Kelley »

Just found this! That's really awesome Robby. Indeed, I don't get around the forum much, but I pop in every so often. I appreciate the support and am very delighted to see how everyone is progressing.

I was supposed to have gotten a write-up along with 2 other whipmakers in the American Rifleman magazine published by the National Rifle Association here in the States. Even sent a cow whip to the NRA headquarters. Sadly, the article was never approved by the editorial staff and that was that. This is very encouraging.

Return to “Whip Basics In The GEAR Magazine (+++ public thread +++)”