Re: Erik Torpström

Oh yeah!!!  Very exciting!!

Inch by inch.

I'm happy to announce that today, just now, I've finally completed my Swap Whip for the 2015 Whip Swap!
I won't be posting pictures yet for excitement's sake - but I'll take some for later use after waxing and before it starts it's journey over the big sea.

It is what I said it would be before: heavy, 7 feet, 2 bellies, 12" handle and it ended up getting a 32" fall and an artificial sinew cracker.

As you might remember I took the first attempt apart as I was not satisfied and made a completely new one to meet my standards. It's now as good as I can make it right now and I'm pleased how it turned out. So, I've given this whip a lot of my thought and energy to nail every detail the best I can. I can only hope the one receiving it will be happy to own and use it!

It's been an awesome learning process so thank you all especially who participated on the swap!

Erik, the best is all that is expected and I am sure that the recipient will be thrilled to have a whip made by
your exacting standards.
Just re-doing it shows your dedication to detail and quality.
Good Job! smile

Ron

Being superstitious is bad luck.

Great job Erik, great job!  Everyone will be on pins and needles with this high anticipation!

Inch by inch.

OOOH! The Excitement!  Over the sea you say.  I guess that means almost anywhere as Finland has water on 2 sides and Norway and Russia - with no members in either of those countries - on the other 2.  And that would rule out Pokkis as he is in country, not "over the sea".

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

big_smile. Good eyes, Jeff!

Inch by inch.

Well, I already got mine, so "overseas" isn't really a spoiler wink

- Pokkis

Yeah, but even the apparition of a hint... Well it's just fun, without the spoiler!!!!  For me, anyway, I always loved watching everyone else open their gifts at Christmas!

Inch by inch.

Well like Pokkis said it's hardly a spoiler. I can even go as far as to say that it's going to be heading to the US!
Speaking of mailing it, contrary to what I said yesterday I won't be mailing it until tomorrow.

The mailing box is bought, the wax is melting and I will take it to the post office first thing tomorrow daytime!

Now, wax on!

~Anticipation~ !

Inch by inch.

Quite right, Rachel! We all pant to learn the outcome! smile

'Less is often more!'

Okay okay.. I took some pictures just now... and... so, since I'm the worst at keeping the anticipation going, here they are (pre-wax so the finished whip is slightly darker):

http://i.imgur.com/ninTcD1l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yKyRL6Nl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KFEs4cPl.jpg

It's in coyote with a brown handle.

A fossil stone can be seen on the heel.

Full sized pictures and full album: http://imgur.com/a/Babh8

Enjoy and please let me know what you think!

Whippy smile

- Pokkis

WOW, that thong is super straight. Love the subtle colors contrast.
Very classy.

Being superstitious is bad luck.

Very Nice!  Are you sure you haven't been making whips all your life?

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

That's one beautiful whip, Erik!!  The transition and plaiting, knots- it's very classy, well done!!!!!  Oh the excitement, somebody's gonna be very pleased!

Inch by inch.

Erik, as has been said, that's classy! Very classy!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Your whips always have a sort of deft understated elegance that I really admire.

Wow! Drool-worthy indeed! Thanks for posting the pics...that will make one happy camper!

-C

Erik - did you do double strand drops?  I'm asking because it looks like significant changes in certain areas. I'm not criticizing it; I'm just curious as to what the difference in appearance would be if I tried doing double drops instead of single.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"