Re: Portable and cheap target stand

Roy Partin wrote:

Ben requested portable and cheap. She is highly portable but far from cheap, so that won't work for him LOL

I hope your wife does not read this forum...mostly cause she seems to know how to handle that revolver pretty well *grins*

Enoch

P.S.= btw, what is that, it doesnt look like a S&W.

Going a bit off topic here, but Colt Diamondback maybe?

- Pokkis

You guys are way off. That's her .17 C02 pellet pistol that she uses to keep unwanted critters out of the yard. Her concealed carry is a S&W 38. Enoch, I hope she doesn't read it. My sense of humor sometimes gets me in trouble with her. Actually it gets me in trouble everyday. If I even thought of swinging a whip in her direction I would have to sleep in the barn.

He died for me, I'll live for him

Robby, that target stand with the clamps looks 'just the job'. I think I'll have to make myself a new one! (Incidentally, 'pegs', rather than screws or anything else metal, are also used in making the best pianos.)

Roy, that's an impressive target stand you've got. I've never dared to use a human model in all my years of target practice! (What would happen, for example, if the target-holder suddenly sneezed?)

'Less is often more!'

Luckily I'm just kidding but, striking a human target stand would be awful and if it happens to be your wife, Holy Cow life would suck for a while

All kidding aside Roy. Count your blessing sir. That is one beautiful lady you managed to snag there!

I like Ben's target stand! I am a firm supporter of inginuity! Making do with what ya got or what you can cobble together is a true mark of imagination and intelligence in my book!

~T.

Thanks for the compliment Terry. Yep, she sure is a lucky lady(ha ha)

Robert Gage wrote:

(What would happen, for example, if the target-holder suddenly sneezed?)

Oh, that's simple. Use a clothespin and put it right onto the nose of your human target holder. No more sneezing!  smile

But in the end Ben's more than right. He made his own construction and if it helps him to practice - it's just perfect, isn't it?

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Robby's solution is excellent for preventing sneezes, but might make the target holder a bit bad-tempered! But Robby's wisdom is spot on: if it works, it's perfect!

'Less is often more!'

(dies laughing) Good solution there Robby!

~T.

Sometimes the simple solutions are also the best ones.
And like Robby said..if it works for him, it works!

Enoch

Absolutely right, I'm all about function and simplicity. Only target practice I ever had were blades of grass or weeds in my yard so Bens stand is looking pretty good

Simplicity: scientists almost always see the simplest explanation of anything as the best explanation. I've found that 'simplicity is best' extends to almost everything - though there are exceptions!

'Less is often more!'

You all are hilarious!
I've been sitting back just waiting for this conversation to come full circle and full circle it has indeed!

Since I have this big monkey (and then I say "big" I mean King Kong size) on my shoulder, I am thinking quite seriously about a target stand.
1st of all it needs to be super easy to build, cause I have 0 handcrafting skills, 2nd 0 maintenance and 3rd easy to carry around.
I am thinking to use aluminium profile, but I need to verify prices and availability
I will go look my local hardware store next week.

Enoch

For ease of transport, Look into using something like a bicycle quick release for anything that needs to be fastened and taken apart. I have used them to great success on other portable projects. No tools necessary and very sturdy. Also, rather than aluminum flat stock, if they have it, go with tube. Way stronger for the size/weight.