I finished the kangaroo hide whip last night and was able to get some photos this morning, although it is overcast here and the light was not great. It is an 8-foot, 16-plait bull with a cocobolo handle. I had somehow torn the protective paper around the natural hide when I placed it in the storage rack and for nearly a year part of the hide was exposed to sunlight from a nearby window, causing it to discolor part of the hide. I decided to cut the strands and was going to just use it for the bellies, but after looking at the strands and thinking, about it decided to use them for the overlay. I really like the way it turned out. I also had some trouble with the handle. I had originally picked out a piece of Bubinga for the handle and it turned out great except for one small problem, I drilled the hole too small! It will be saved and used for a smaller whip. I remade the handle out of an oddly light-colored piece of cocobolo that had some yellow shades in it and matched the whip very nicely, I thought.