Re: My whip journey so far :)

Nicely done Ross! Nice taper and clean lines!

Ross, very good job, my compliments to your work!

Ben

Thank you everyone I appreciate all the comments and it gives me the confidence to keep on plaiting smile next is a darker version of this then I think I will do a Zorro smile

Yes I wear a hat, no my names not Indiana Jones...........

I am looking forward to seeing your Zorro whip.
When I was a kid Zorro (Guy Williams / Disney TV) was my hero. He didn't use whips as such it was more of a "rapier" foil type sword.

A cut down chrome curtain rod makes a great ferule. It's what I used and at $0.25 each (this is what it worked out to be for me) vs. $10.00 each makes more sense to me.

Ron

Being superstitious is bad luck.

Nice tip Ron thanks smile

Here is my latest creation all finished and waxed, I promise my next on won't be an Indiana jones one lol
I hope you like it, the concho is 3D printed
https://i.imgur.com/Zmu4DVK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PepPARc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Jw8Osn4.jpg

Ross, they are getting better and better. 
Keep up the good work.

Ron

Being superstitious is bad luck.

Ross, I do like it!  I hope you're finding a market for these impressive creations!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Ron & Robert thank you smile
I've been advertising them on the Indiana Jones pages and getting some interest, I just need one person to buy and give a review then hopefully it will pick up.

Well done! Have your connection between cracker and fall lasted? I have always broken mine when i have tryed that smile

Well done, Ross. the plaiting looks very tight and straight and the fall hitch is very clean looking. I'm not sure from the photos what the concho in the end is. Looks cool.

Hey! Let's be careful out there."

Jyri Haveri wrote:

Well done! Have your connection between cracker and fall lasted? I have always broken mine when i have tryed that smile

Jyri so far I've had no issues with this method and I've changed the crackers many times, I do have a good Awl and a hooked awl I use to pull them through so it might make a difference?

Mark Elliott wrote:

Well done, Ross. the plaiting looks very tight and straight and the fall hitch is very clean looking. I'm not sure from the photos what the concho in the end is. Looks cool.

Mark thank you smile the concho is the headpiece to the staff of RA from Raiders of the lost Ark.
I've actually just come into possession of 4 metal ones so they will be a later 'deluxe' version.