Topic: Maverick

6 ft bullwhip, 20-plait rust paracord overlay, 2 bellies over a TT core. 7x6 triple-pass Turk's head knot tied over a foundation of latigo and lead. 5x4 triple-pass THK at the transition. English eye fall hitch. Waxed.

https://i.imgur.com/2jtNO5y.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ShQ4T2i.jpg

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Re: Maverick

That looks super Mark.
How did you avoid over lapping and bunching with 20 plait when you reached the handle?
It looks like you weighted the fall as well.
Great job.

Ron

Never trust a train.
They have loco motives.

Thanks, Ron, I actually had a little trouble with overlapping just before I got to the handle, I added the last strings a little early. but over the handle, it's self it wasn't a problem, The rod in the handle is 3/8" and is the thickest part of the whip. Also, the short herringbone keeps the strands aligned very well since there is only a 2 strand span instead of 5 like there is on the regular herringbone. Yes, the fall has a length of ball chain inside it as well as a double layer of the paracord. Learned that from Tyler's videos.

I learned that from Tyler's YouTube tutorial as well.
I love them.

Ron

Never trust a train.
They have loco motives.

I love this whip, Mark!  Every one gets better.  This one is super fantastic.

Inch by inch.

Thank you, Rachel. There are certainly plenty of good examples to emulate on this forum.

Mark, that's the Real Thing - and 'Maverick' is exactly the right name for it!  Splendid!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Very nice, Mark and love the colour.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thank you, Robert and Roger.

Mark, for some reason, that rust colored paracord looks quite pink and the knots look amost lavender in color on my computer. The thong looks quite beefy at the transition (I was actually reminded of some of Craig's whips), but the taper looks fantastic. Well done!

Don't panic...

Very impressive Mark. What kind of paracord did you use?

Thanks Scott and Julia.  Scott, I think it is the lighting. It looks a bit darker in person. It is a little thicker than the 6 ft. whips usually make, about 25 mm at the transition, because of the thicker rod in the handle and a 6 string TT core.

Julia, it is type III 550 nylon paracord.